Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 83

Thread: Does God have a PROPER name?

  1. #71
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    13,679
    Thanked: 5310
    In other words, you are willing to postulate a hypothetical different earlier rendering of verses in order to make that support whatever theory it is that you are currently promoting. There is nothing here except your ability to never give up and the idea that evidence that hasn't been presented yet could exist.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  3. #72
    Senior Member Cardinal TT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,363
    Thanked: 4384
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quest

    If YHWH was so important why did not any NT writer make reference to it. It was a name revealing special characteristics of God but not his personal name

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  5. #73
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    13,679
    Thanked: 5310
    Her current theory seems to be that there are earlier manuscripts in a different language that say something completely different (at least in places) and the translations we have that are based on the Greek manuscripts we have are bogus. Because she says so. And because it suits her current theory.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  7. #74
    Senior Member Cardinal TT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,363
    Thanked: 4384
    Blog Entries
    2
    Earlier manuscripts ...scholars should know about them

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  9. #75
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,744
    Thanked: 3237
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    In other words, you are willing to postulate a hypothetical different earlier rendering of verses in order to make that support whatever theory it is that you are currently promoting. There is nothing here except your ability to never give up and the idea that evidence that hasn't been presented yet could exist.
    I don't think anyone is forcing you to chat here Colonel...I opened a thread for discussion..if you have no interest, don't.

    And Yes, I am still examining the hypothesis ...

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  11. #76
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,744
    Thanked: 3237
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    Quest

    If YHWH was so important why did not any NT writer make reference to it. It was a name revealing special characteristics of God but not his personal name
    It was your posing that very question early on that promted me to go do deeper research...why indeed does the Father's name that is emphasixed in thousands of passages suddenly drop from view? Why did Jesus read the OT manuscript and change it? Or why did Luke alter His QUOTE..or is there another explanation that is yet to be found?

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  13. #77
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    13,679
    Thanked: 5310
    You've got a theory, the evidence doesn't support it. While you are investigating to see if you can come up with new evidence, please show some humility in relation to the aforementioned facts.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  15. #78
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,744
    Thanked: 3237
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    Her current theory seems to be that there are earlier manuscripts in a different language that say something completely different (at least in places) and the translations we have that are based on the Greek manuscripts we have are bogus. Because she says so. And because it suits her current theory.
    Bogus? no..but that the concept that His Name is irrelevant, as you yourself have concluded, BECAUSE it is not in the NT..when possibly there is another explanation and His Name IS still relevant but our conclusion is wrong...

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  17. #79
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,744
    Thanked: 3237
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    You've got a theory, the evidence doesn't support it. While you are investigating to see if you can come up with new evidence, please show some humility in relation to the aforementioned facts.
    Colonel I have noticed you always do this when you run out of arguments or others just don't accept your conclusion. There is no need to start attacking me personally...continue with the discussion or not..but don't do THIS...

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  19. #80
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    13,679
    Thanked: 5310
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    Colonel I have noticed you always do this when you run out of arguments or others just don't accept your conclusion. There is no need to start attacking me personally...continue with the discussion or not..but don't do THIS...
    Run out of arguments ? Yes, I suppose I just did.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Has your Toyota Camry warranty expired? Get a fast online quote from CarWarrantyUS today. Enjoy the open road and leave the repairs to us.