Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Is Confident Prayer being Presumptuous?

  1. #11
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    13,673
    Thanked: 5308
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    Jesus' Confidence lay in ONE thing...that He was led by the Holy Spirit in all that He said and did...

    Jesus was continually in prayer to the Father and we see little about what that looked like except for a few instances...

    When He taught the disciples to pray

    When He raised Lazarus

    When He was in the Garden
    Heb 5:7 who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  3. #12
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,744
    Thanked: 3237
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by victoryword View Post
    Is Confident Prayer being Presumptuous?

    http://victoriouswordchurch.blogspot...sumptuous.html
    Good word...

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  5. #13
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,744
    Thanked: 3237
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    Heb 5:7 who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear
    Not sure what your point is here

    Heb 5:7-10

    7 During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission. 8 Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered 9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him 10 and was designated by God to be high priest in the order of Melchizedek.

    I gather this passage confirms that Jesus' praying was often coming into alignment with the will of the Father and the leading of the Holy Spirit...similar to what we see in the Garden.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  7. #14
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    13,673
    Thanked: 5308
    I was just adding another scripture to your list of passages that talk about Jesus praying, I wasn't arguing with you. If I had been then I would at the very least have said something based on that scripture.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  9. #15
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,744
    Thanked: 3237
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    I was just adding another scripture to your list of passages that talk about Jesus praying, I wasn't arguing with you. If I had been then I would at the very least have said something based on that scripture.
    Thanks...it was a good addition to the thread...I was just not sure if you were making a point or not.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  11. #16
    Senior Member Nikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,106
    Thanked: 4579
    Blog Entries
    31
    Some do not want to deal with the problems of life so they say don't talk about it because it is negative and not of faith. When all the time they just don't want to face the mountains of life. It is far nicer to think positive and call it faith. I know people who get themselves in over their heads with difficulties because they won't face their problem. But we must confront out mountains with faith. Not just ignore our problems and call it faith. We must face up to the sickness and deal with it by speaking faith over it and especially the Word of God.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikos For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  13. #17
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,744
    Thanked: 3237
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    Some do not want to deal with the problems of life so they say don't talk about it because it is negative and not of faith. When all the time they just don't want to face the mountains of life. It is far nicer to think positive and call it faith. I know people who get themselves in over their heads with difficulties because they won't face their problem. But we must confront out mountains with faith. Not just ignore our problems and call it faith. We must face up to the sickness and deal with it by speaking faith over it and especially the Word of God.
    I wish I could remember where I heard it but it said that if our experience does not match our theology, we have a problem.

    We can confess healing until we die and then have others claim we just 'received our healing'. That is not what FAITH produces...
    Yes, some miracles take some time but the reality is the NT church is not visible today for the most part.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
You can stop worrying about expensive repair costs with an extended service plan for your Cadillac. Many vehicle repairs can cost thousands of dollars in unexpected expense, now may be the time to consider an extended service plan for your vehicle.