Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 61

Thread: Why so few miracles?

  1. #51
    Administrator fuego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    14,643
    Thanked: 12343
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant Woman View Post
    I'd like to read that book. Is it similar to God's Generals?
    Not really. It discusses the ministers of that era, the good, the bad, and the ugly. We had it as a text book at Rhema.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

    Ezekiel 33 (08-03-2022), Valiant Woman (08-03-2022)

  3. #52
    Senior Member Nikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    12,098
    Thanked: 7022
    Blog Entries
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Not really. It discusses the ministers of that era, the good, the bad, and the ugly. We had it as a text book at Rhema.
    Was it the book "All THINGS ARE POSSIBLE" by David Harrell? As I remember, he was not charismatic. Paperback

    He also wrote a book about Oral Roberts

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikos For This Useful Post:

    Ezekiel 33 (08-03-2022)

  5. #53
    Administrator fuego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    14,643
    Thanked: 12343
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    Was it the book "All THINGS ARE POSSIBLE" by David Harrell? As I remember, he was not charismatic. Paperback

    He also wrote a book about Oral Roberts
    Yep. His is a blurb I found on it:

    Written by a Professor Emeritus at Auburn University, this is the first objective history of the great revivals that swept the country after World War II. It tells the story of the victories and defeats of such giants of the revival as William Branham, Oral Roberts, Jack Coe, T. L. Osborn, and A. A. Allen. It also tells of the powerful evangelists who carried on the revival, including Robert Schambach and Morris Cerullo. Those who lived through the great revivals of the 1950s and 1960s will be thrilled to read about those exciting days, and those interested in the religious history of the United States need to read this book to see what has led us up to this present moment in time.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

    Ezekiel 33 (08-05-2022), Nikos (08-03-2022)

  7. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
    Miracles still happen. I get that. But they often also DON'T happen. Why is that? I think one answer is found in Joshua 3:5 when Joshua told the people, "Sanctify yourselves: for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you."

    Sanctification was necessary for the wonders to happen. Today, many Christians are so blended with the world and its thinking that they don't realize that to be one of God's people requires being "set apart" (sanctification). They want the miracles and wonders, but they also want the world. God may give miracles among unbelievers as a witness to them, but among believers, He expects a sanctified people to pray the miracles into reality.

    May God call us all to a greater degree of being "set apart" for His use.
    I struggle with this, like a lot. I'm finding it really hard to separate from the world. Sometimes, I just want to escape to a mountain somewhere and get back to basics, away from all distractions. I feel things are coming, and I'm in no way prepared.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Susan For This Useful Post:

    Ezekiel 33 (08-05-2022), John (08-03-2022)

  9. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan View Post
    I struggle with this, like a lot. I'm finding it really hard to separate from the world. Sometimes, I just want to escape to a mountain somewhere and get back to basics, away from all distractions. I feel things are coming, and I'm in no way prepared.
    Like all of us in this dark hour of endtimes. Do the important and first things first. Scripture, worship, pray, worship...every moment you can as you can. Then, avoid worldly things. Totally.

    But you knew that.

  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

    Ezekiel 33 (08-05-2022), John (08-03-2022), Nikos (08-03-2022), Romans828 (08-03-2022), Susan (08-03-2022)

  11. #56
    Senior Member Valiant Woman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Posts
    3,782
    Thanked: 3346

    Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Yep. His is a blurb I found on it:

    Written by a Professor Emeritus at Auburn University, this is the first objective history of the great revivals that swept the country after World War II. It tells the story of the victories and defeats of such giants of the revival as William Branham, Oral Roberts, Jack Coe, T. L. Osborn, and A. A. Allen. It also tells of the powerful evangelists who carried on the revival, including Robert Schambach and Morris Cerullo. Those who lived through the great revivals of the 1950s and 1960s will be thrilled to read about those exciting days, and those interested in the religious history of the United States need to read this book to see what has led us up to this present moment in time.
    Thanks! I just downloaded it on Kindle.
    When your praise match your prayers, the answer will come.
    https://www.facebook.com/Valiant-Wom...1103844642026/

  12. #57
    Senior Member Valiant Woman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Posts
    3,782
    Thanked: 3346

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
    Miracles still happen. I get that. But they often also DON'T happen. Why is that? I think one answer is found in Joshua 3:5 when Joshua told the people, "Sanctify yourselves: for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you."

    Sanctification was necessary for the wonders to happen. Today, many Christians are so blended with the world and its thinking that they don't realize that to be one of God's people requires being "set apart" (sanctification). They want the miracles and wonders, but they also want the world. God may give miracles among unbelievers as a witness to them, but among believers, He expects a sanctified people to pray the miracles into reality.

    May God call us all to a greater degree of being "set apart" for His use.
    Can you give an example of the highlighted above, and a scripture for the underlined? I recall that Jesus/said, "he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do..." John 14:12

    I don't recall being told to pray the miracles into reality. But I could've missed that.
    When your praise match your prayers, the answer will come.
    https://www.facebook.com/Valiant-Wom...1103844642026/

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valiant Woman For This Useful Post:

    Bookman (08-03-2022), Ezekiel 33 (08-05-2022)

  14. #58
    Senior Member Ezekiel 33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Northern Lower Michigan
    Posts
    3,808
    Thanked: 2775
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant Woman View Post
    Can you give an example of the highlighted above, and a scripture for the underlined? I recall that Jesus/said, "he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do..." John 14:12

    I don't recall being told to pray the miracles into reality. But I could've missed that.
    The best example we are given for praying for one another in the church is in James.

    James 5:15-17
    New King James Version

    15 And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. 16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. 17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months.
    He tells us to look at Elijah. When you look at Elijah's ministry you see that he had to pray more than once to raise up the dead lad, and he also prayed 7 times for the rain. He prayed, then sent his servant to check. The 7th time his servant came back and said that he saw a cloud on the horizon the size of a man's fist. And then came the rain.

    James tells us "The effective fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much, and then gives us this example to study.



    So one could take that as a sanctified saint praying through until he sees the miracle happen.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ezekiel 33 For This Useful Post:

    FireBrand (08-05-2022)

  16. #59
    So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,814
    Thanked: 6292
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant Woman View Post
    Can you give an example of the highlighted above, and a scripture for the underlined? I recall that Jesus/said, "he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do..." John 14:12

    I don't recall being told to pray the miracles into reality. But I could've missed that.
    Right, there is also ministry gift of "working of miracles", you don't hear to much about.

    1 Corinthians 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

    Ezekiel 33 (08-05-2022), Valiant Woman (08-06-2022)

  18. #60

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
You can avoid unexpected and expensive repair costs with an extended service plan for your Lexus. Many vehicle repairs can cost thousands of dollars in unexpected expense, now may be the time to consider an extended service plan for your vehicle.