Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Thread: Alcohol in the NT - Should Christians Drink?

  1. #1

    Alcohol in the NT - Should Christians Drink?

    Are sippers sinners?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

  3. #2
    Are people who knowingly consume high fructose corn syrup knowing full well that it is bad for them sinners?
    Are people who screen their phone calls simply because they don't want to speak to the person sinners?
    Are fat people who wear white spandex sinners?

    ;)

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Susan For This Useful Post:

    Femme* (08-02-2015), FresnoJoe (08-01-2015), shalom2u (09-11-2015)

  5. #3
    Senior Member Nikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,804
    Thanked: 3004
    Blog Entries
    8
    People who do not obey the Word of God are in need of repentance. Whatever God has instructed us to do, we are to obey. He did not say that tomato juice was a "a mocker and a strong drink that is raging." No, He said wine was, so stay away from it and stop trying to find an excuse to disobey the Word of God!

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nikos For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

  7. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan View Post
    Are people who knowingly consume high fructose corn syrup knowing full well that it is bad for them sinners?
    Yes

    Quote Originally Posted by Susan View Post
    Are people who screen their phone calls simply because they don't want to speak to the person sinners?
    No. It's your phone and you pay the bill so you have the right to decide who you want to talk to and who you don't, unless I am the one calling you, then you are to pick up IMMEDIATELY!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Susan View Post
    Are fat people who wear white spandex sinners?

    ;)
    HECK YEAH!!!!!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to victoryword For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

  9. #5
    Starting us off on the right foot Brother Nikos?

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to curly sue For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015), Nikos (07-27-2015)

  11. #6
    Senior Member Nikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,804
    Thanked: 3004
    Blog Entries
    8

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikos For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

  13. #7
    Don't Ban me Bro! John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,932
    Thanked: 3079
    You should only have a little wine if you have many ailments.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

  15. #8
    Senior Member Tehilah Ba'Aretz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Posts
    372
    Thanked: 368
    Do you know why Paul had to bring a sin offering when he brought Timothy to the temple? He had completed a vow and that meant that he had not celebrated the Sabbath properly during the duration of the vow. His sin? He did not drink wine on the Sabbath. Some of you Christians are simply screwed up because you don't know how to read the New Testament. Why was Timothy instructed to drink a little wine? Because it kills the bacteria that grows in stagnant water which was common in all of the middle east in the first century. Drunkenness and lack of self control are the problems, not the liquid. Why is this so difficult to understand?

  16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tehilah Ba'Aretz For This Useful Post:

    Colonel (07-28-2015), FaithfulOne (07-28-2015), Femme* (08-02-2015), Francis Drake (08-02-2015), FresnoJoe (08-01-2015), papabrett (08-01-2015), Quest (07-28-2015), shalom2u (09-11-2015)

  17. #9
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,617
    Thanked: 3166
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehilah Ba'Aretz View Post
    Do you know why Paul had to bring a sin offering when he brought Timothy to the temple? He had completed a vow and that meant that he had not celebrated the Sabbath properly during the duration of the vow. His sin? He did not drink wine on the Sabbath. Some of you Christians are simply screwed up because you don't know how to read the New Testament. Why was Timothy instructed to drink a little wine? Because it kills the bacteria that grows in stagnant water which was common in all of the middle east in the first century. Drunkenness and lack of self control are the problems, not the liquid. Why is this so difficult to understand?
    Long time no see!!!! Hope you stay awhile..I always appreciated your un-westernized view on scriptures!

    Can I ask you..how do you know it was for not drinking wine on the Sabbath..I had not heard that before.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FaithfulOne (07-31-2015), FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

  19. #10
    Senior Member Tehilah Ba'Aretz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Posts
    372
    Thanked: 368
    It is well known in Jewish teaching that the sacrifice at the end of fulfilling a vow is a sin offering. Paul writes that he needed to go to the temple and the reason is that he had finished a vow. The rabbinic records show that the sin offering was for failure to keep the Sabbath properly during the vow. And yes, I know, that isn't something Christians would know in this day and age.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tehilah Ba'Aretz For This Useful Post:

    FaithfulOne (07-31-2015), FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Has your Ford Focus warranty expired? Get a fast online quote from CarWarrantyUS today. Enjoy the open road and leave the repairs to us.