Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 87

Thread: Tithing v Giving - What does the NT Teach?

  1. #71
    Senior Member Ezekiel 33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Northern Lower Michigan
    Posts
    2,187
    Thanked: 1565
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    You are very insulting and self centered to think that only you can interpret the Scriptures. You need a lesson in humility.
    I did not say that Jesus was not rebuking in the passage. Although I prefer to think that he was training rather than rebuking.
    However in the Words of the scripture we are focusing on where Jesus says that tithing is good to do, it is not a rebuke but a complimentary statement. He is saying that tithing is good and that is not a rebuke.
    Jesus wan't rebuking anyone. He was telling the people that they were doing a good thing to tithe. However, he was giving a word of correction concerning priorities. the "weightier matters".

    Just a few words from the Master, Jesus, is better than pages of words from anyone else.

    Jesus was approving tithing that began before the law. 1/10th or a tithe.

    Have a good day!

    Not trying to be insulting brother Nikos. I was quoting your own words, "Jesus wasn't rebuking anyone..."

    The point still stands brother, that you cannot establish your pet doctrine with scripture. We must be able to lay it out in context of scripture, and show that it was indeed taught to the NT church, or we shouldn't be teaching the church today that it is a doctrine for them to obey. All I have ever asked of you is to prove your doctrine with scripture. And by that, I certainly do not mean to continue to try and prove your point with just a partial verse of one single scripture.
    I love you dude. I also know that you are sincere in your belief. However, in this case you are sincerely wrong.

    How about instead of holding on to your doctrine by supporting it with one partial verse, you actually take several scriptures IN CONTEXT and build a case to prove your doctrine? That is the only safe way to establish church doctrine. Anything beyond that is just that same old religious spirit that Paul had to keep fighting off and throwing out of the church.

  2. #72
    Senior Member Nikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,950
    Thanked: 3148
    Blog Entries
    8
    I think that if you read carefully, what I said makes good scriptural sense. I am consistent in my thoughts.

    The choice is yours. Take the words of Jesus and obey or choose your own way and go astray. I have no more to say. It is so clear that you are fighting conviction that you would turn away from Jesus own words.

    I will take Jesus' way every time.

    Thank you and Goodby!
    Last edited by Nikos; 10-20-2015 at 01:45 AM.

  3. #73
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,225
    Thanked: 4649
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post

    Thank you and Goodby!
    Who is Goodby ?

  4. #74
    Senior Member Ezekiel 33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Northern Lower Michigan
    Posts
    2,187
    Thanked: 1565
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    I think that if you read carefully, what I said makes good scriptural sense. I am consistent in my thoughts.

    The choice is yours. Take the words of Jesus and obey or choose your own way and go astray. I have no more to say. It is so clear that you are fighting conviction that you would turn away from Jesus own words.

    I will take Jesus' way every time.

    Thank you and Goodby!
    IF it made good scriptural sense, THENyou would actually HAVE SCRIPTURE!!! You are totally consistent in YOUR thoughts. Too bad they are only YOUR thoughts and not scripture. And tell Gadsby or whatever his name is that I said "Hi".

  5. #75
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,225
    Thanked: 4649
    No, he's not consistent. At best he is consistently inconsistent.

  6. #76
    Senior Member Nikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,950
    Thanked: 3148
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    Who is Goodby ?
    YOU!!!!

  7. #77
    Senior Member Nikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,950
    Thanked: 3148
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel 33 View Post
    IF it made good scriptural sense, THENyou would actually HAVE SCRIPTURE!!! You are totally consistent in YOUR thoughts. Too bad they are only YOUR thoughts and not scripture. And tell Gadsby or whatever his name is that I said "Hi".
    I have Jesus and His Word. That's good enough for me!

    It is obvious that Jesus believed and taught that tithing was a fundamental aspect of faith.

  8. #78
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,225
    Thanked: 4649
    It is more reasonable to claim that he thought keeping the entire law was (Mat 23:1-3)

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    Ezekiel 33 (10-20-2015)

  10. #79
    Senior Member Ezekiel 33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Northern Lower Michigan
    Posts
    2,187
    Thanked: 1565
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    I have Jesus and His Word. That's good enough for me!

    It is obvious that Jesus believed and taught that tithing was a fundamental aspect of faith.

    Then prove it using scripture, brother. IF it were a fundamental aspect of faith, then it would have clearly been taught to the NT churches. There would be a trail of evidence throughout the epistles. We must not build church doctrine without sufficient scriptural evidence to support said doctrine.

    If I were to ask you to make a scriptural case for Jesus being the Son of God, You would be able to (if you so desired) use the whole counsel of God's word and show scriptural evidence for this doctrine. The same case could be made for Repentance, Baptism, Holy Spirit baptism, gifts of the Spirit, etc.....

    But you cannot build such a case for the doctrine of tithing in the NT church. IF you could, then I suspect you would have at least made an attempt to do so by now. But the fact remains that you cannot provide the scriptural evidence because it doesn't exist. Plain and simple. And yet you continue to try and build/protect your pet doctrine without scriptural support, and even going as far as taking one portion of a verse (not even a whole verse) OUT OF CONTEXT, and making it stand all by itself.

    You have been a bible scholar long enough to know better. Time to kill your sacred cow Nikos.

    Love ya,

    Zeke

  11. #80
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,225
    Thanked: 4649
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel 33 View Post
    You have been a bible scholar long enough to know better. Time to kill your sacred cow Nikos.
    Yep.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Has your Toyota Corolla warranty expired? Get a fast online quote from CarWarrantyUS today. Enjoy the open road and leave the repairs to us.