Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 80 of 80

Thread: Fishing!

  1. #71
    In the next 2 weeks I will be taking the SS Bowfin on this same lake I icefished all winter. Best part? I've scouted the lake in doing so, thanx to the video cam.

    Pretty soon it's game on. I'm jonesin' bad to get back to this hotspot.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

    fuego (04-14-2022)

  3. #72
    Wednesday I got out to my favorite lake where I ice fished last winter. Was a good day to get out and test a few upgrades and run the little lake. I was watching the sonar closely in shallower water near where I caught pike all winter. Doing a little mid day trolling and catching a peek at the sonar screen what I saw literally put a chill down my back. What I saw reminded me why I fish this lake hard....


    The larger elongated shape appeared to be a 40" class female pike staging up to spawn in the shallow weeds. The other shapes nearby are males that follow along nipping at her side to signal her to drop spawn while the 4-5 smaller males release "milt" to fertilize. This was just a few feet under the boat. Amazing sight to see.


    Fishing!-84c6840a-8ecf-4601-a6af-5a4afc6eb52e-jpg

    This photo shows another smaller female with a gathering of males. Interesting note, look at the blue split in the brown colored lake bottom. This appears to be a flowing spring that feeds the lake. This lake is only 65 acres, like monster fish in a barrel. There are also muskie in the lake. Total depth 33ft.

    Fishing!-de636e92-88e9-407e-b282-b0d6dbb43432-jpg

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

    krystian (04-23-2022)

  5. #73
    Cool captures of the spawning and the spring!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to krystian For This Useful Post:

    FireBrand (04-23-2022)

  7. #74
    Last night was a fun night on our more local (5mi out) lake. Breezy and choppy waves usually aren't a good combo when fishing shallow water and the fish hear/feel the waves slapping the sides of your boat.

    Nevertheless, glad I went. This is my first fish on the season. Not bad eh?

    4lbs 3oz of solid largemouth fun
    Fishing!-42037adf-8841-44ca-94d4-31323669934e-jpg

  8. #75
    Administrator fuego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    14,353
    Thanked: 12039
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Last night was a fun night on our more local (5mi out) lake. Breezy and choppy waves usually aren't a good combo when fishing shallow water and the fish hear/feel the waves slapping the sides of your boat.

    Nevertheless, glad I went. This is my first fish on the season. Not bad eh?

    4lbs 3oz of solid largemouth fun
    Fishing!-42037adf-8841-44ca-94d4-31323669934e-jpg
    Nice!

    "Reel him on in! Let's get a look at that hog!" I always remember that from some commercial.

  9. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Nice!

    "Reel him on in! Let's get a look at that hog!" I always remember that from some commercial.
    Sounds like what Jimmy Houston would say

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

    fuego (04-23-2022)

  11. #77
    Fishing has been tough, maybe one decent pike or bass on each trip. Last night I measured a 10deg jump in water temps during our 48hr heat wave.

    Lost a nice fish, just not a solid hookup. But had perch hitting my perch-like lure. Cannabalistic little things...

    Fishing!-5ef56c12-325b-4ee6-8aff-bd8d355462e3-jpg

  12. #78
    The difference a night makes. Tonight was on fire. I trolled for maybe 2 minutes when a nice pike hit the lure. Fought like a monster and when netted, the lure separated from the treble hook. Bent the circle clip that holds the hook to the body of the lure, bent it out straight. Pike: 26 3/4".

    Caught another little perch like last night, pffft. Then another nice sized pike, similar in size as the first.

    When arriving at my hot zone and tossing the anchor, I clipped on a chatter bait (new today) and caught a 3lb 3oz largemouth.

    Fishing!-36b32230-80c0-4a63-a3a2-25b9b1bb389e-jpg

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

    fuego (05-13-2022)

  14. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Fishing has been tough, maybe one decent pike or bass on each trip. Last night I measured a 10deg jump in water temps during our 48hr heat wave.

    Lost a nice fish, just not a solid hookup. But had perch hitting my perch-like lure. Cannabalistic little things...

    Fishing!-5ef56c12-325b-4ee6-8aff-bd8d355462e3-jpg
    That kind of looks like he got snagged or is it the angle of the photo?

  15. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    That kind of looks like he got snagged or is it the angle of the photo?
    Both. Fish can't lay off that lure and even perch will hit it hard. My secret lure.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Has your Mitsubishi Outlander warranty expired? Get a fast online quote from CarWarrantyUS today. Enjoy the open road and leave the repairs to us.