Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Self driving cars

Blog Entries
    One place I will honk, and I just tap the horn, is sitting at a red light and it turns green and the person in front of me doesn’t go and it’s obvious they aren’t paying attention because they’re looking at their phone. Really annoys me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (05-14-2019)

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    One place I will honk, and I just tap the horn, is sitting at a red light and it turns green and the person in front of me doesn’t go and it’s obvious they aren’t paying attention because they’re looking at their phone. Really annoys me.
    Yes, if they are obviously distracted sitting at a green light, that merits a tap. What gets me is the guy 3 or 4 cars back laying on the horn.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (05-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Yes, if they are obviously distracted sitting at a green light, that merits a tap. What gets me is the guy 3 or 4 cars back laying on the horn.
    My current vehicle isn't capable of a tap...the best I can do is a short beep so I don't usually use the horn for that situation unless they're lingering a bit too long.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krystian For This Useful Post:

curly sue (05-15-2019), John (05-15-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    My current vehicle isn't capable of a tap...the best I can do is a short beep so I don't usually use the horn for that situation unless they're lingering a bit too long.
    hmmm.. I wonder what you mean by "a bit too long". Me thinks you're a horn driver.

PSA:

Use Your Horn

Only when necessary, to avoid collisions.

To try to get “eye contact” with other drivers. You may tap your horn to alert another driver who might turn in front of you and cause a collision.

On narrow mountain roads, where you cannot see at least 200 feet ahead of your vehicle.

Don’t Use Your Horn

If a driver or bicyclist is going slowly, and you want him or her to drive faster or get out of your way. The driver or bicyclist may not be able to safely go faster, due to
    illness, being lost, intoxication, or having mechanical problems with the vehicle.

To alert other drivers that they made a mistake. Your honking may cause them to make more mistakes or to become angry and retaliate.

Because you may be angry or upset.

To honk at pedestrians, bicyclists, or motorcyclists unless necessary to avoid a collision. Remember that your horn sounds much louder outside a vehicle.

NOTE: Honking your horn may startle other drivers. It is safer to slow down or stop instead of honking your horn.

http://www.usafleetsolutions.com/saf...honk-the-horn/

It's biblical: Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the horn of fools.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (05-15-2019)

Blog Entries
    I think most use it as an extension of their anger. That's why I 'tap'. It sounds more polite. :)

I have a sermon about “horn honkers”. One woman came to me several weeks later saying she thought I was meaning “dont be a whoremonger”. She has trouble with hearing.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

John (05-15-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    I think most use it as an extension of their anger. That's why I 'tap'. It sounds more polite. :)
    yeah, tapping is a bit more friendly, like a nudge. The blare is way too obnoxious and should only be used as outlined in the above PSA.