Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canada Goose steals keys

Canada Goose steals keys

Man calls police to get keys from goose, but a moose on the loose diverts help

It's a good thing Edmonton fire crews are unflappable.

In a classic case of man versus nature, Edmonton Fire Rescue Services were called to the city's southwest Friday morning to help a motorist retrieve a set of car keys ... from a goose.

Normally fish and wildlife officers would deal with such calls but they were unable to assist because they were in the midst of their own call dealing with an errant moose, an Edmonton Fire Rescue Services spokeswoman said.

The man initially called police at 10:54 a.m. in the area of Elwood Drive and 91 Street SW. Crews arrived two minutes later and helped in the man-versus-goose situation.

There was no word on how the keys ended up near the goose or what prompted the goose to take a keen interest in the motorist.

Crews left at 11:09 a.m.

No one was injured.

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/loca...e-on-the-loose

Only in Canada???

Blog Entries
    Ok, let's think this through and I could be wrong. I assume Edmonton is a pretty large city. So you're telling me every fish and wildlife officer is helping on the moose call? How many officers do they have, like 2 or something? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Ok, let's think this through and I could be wrong. I assume Edmonton is a pretty large city. So you're telling me every fish and wildlife officer is helping on the moose call? How many officers do they have, like 2 or something? lol.
    I have no idea how many fish and wildlife officers would be employed in Edmonton. I think the population is over a million ppl.

Fish and wildlife officers are usually outside of the city, so I just don't know where they'd have to pull them from.

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post

Only in Canada???
    LOL....nooooo! It happened to me some years ago too!

I was at an area that had a very large pond and with my keys and a bag of stale bread in my left hand I was feeding the geese with bread in my right hand. There were some brave ones that even came right up to me and ate the bread right out of my hand.

I had just fed a few geese to my left and was now giving some to the birds on my right when an impatient one on my left wanted more and apparently thought my keys were food too. Before I knew it he grabbed them and quickly waddled off. Talk about an adrenaline rush!

hahahaha I don't doubt that at all, but I think the twist in the one I posted is that help couldn't come because they were rounding up a moose!

Since we have several geese that hangout on our front lakeside yard I’m now wondering if I should be sure to take the keys out of my pocket before going down there. Little gangsters, anyway.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Since we have several geese that hangout on our front lakeside yard I’m now wondering if I should be sure to take the keys out of my pocket before going down there. Little gangsters, anyway.
    I bet you could get those keys back without calling fish and wildlife.

Yuuup.

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Yuuup.
    umm... without traumatizing the children?