Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone watching the Super Bowl?

Anyone watching the Super Bowl?

I'm not that interested but a little curious, did everyone stand for the National Anthem? Anything interesting going on? Anyone making any political statements?

I'm going to try to at least catch some of the commercials, have there been any good ones so far?

Blog Entries
    Go Falcons!

Blog Entries
    Commercials have been insignificant..

Blog Entries
    Just stunned.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Quest (02-06-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Just stunned.
    It did look like they had it in the first half.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    It did look like they had it in the first half.

The biggest comeback in SB history which also makes it the worst collapse in SB history. Leave it to the Falcons to not just blow it, but blow it in historic fashion. It's the story of our franchise.

The biggest comeback in SB history which also makes it the worst collapse in SB history. Leave it to the Falcons to not just blow it, but blow it in historic fashion. It's the story of our franchise.

You mean this?

Super Bowl 2017: Tom Brady leads epic comeback, Patriots stun Falcons in OT
    The Patriots win their fifth Super Bowl with 31 unanswered points in a stunner

The Falcons have been in existence for 51 years and Sunday was just their second Super Bowl appearance in team history. For 59 minutes, they were leading, and for 45 minutes, they were dominating a Patriots team that seemed helpless to do anything about it.

But the Patriots overcame a 25-point deficit to take the game to overtime. They then won it, 34-28, on the very first series after James White dived in from two yards out. The 31 unanswered points in the thrilling comeback cements the Patriots' legacy as the greatest NFL franchise this century.

It was New England's ninth Super Bowl appearance in team history, and the seventh in the Bill Belichick-Tom Brady era. And if not for Eli Manning and the Giants, Bill and Tom would be 7-0 in the championship game. We're guessing they'll settle for 5-2, especially given the "THAT DID NOT JUST HAPPEN" way they went about winning this one.

We won't lie: We were convinced this game was over at halftime; the Falcons led 21-0 late in the second quarter, 28-9 to start the final quarter, and 28-20 at the two-minute warning. You might notice that with each update the Patriots crept closer while the Falcons went from confident to hopeful to apprehensive to dejected as Brady marched New England down the field again and again and again and again, until the they had even out-Patriots'd the Patriots.

Not only did the Pats overcome the largest deficit in Super Bowl history, they played in the first overtime game in Super Bowl history, and oh, by the way, Brady set a Super Bowl record for passing yards. (And before you say, yeah, but he had the benefit of overtime, we'll kindly point out that he managed the feat before the end of regulation.)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/su...falcons-in-ot/

9. The Following User Says Thank You to A.J. For This Useful Post:

Valiant Woman (02-07-2017)

Hubby and I invited a couple from church over - We made a big spread of snacks and had a great time of fun and fellowship.

The commercials were disappointing - Worst evah! - The only one we really liked was the Skittles commercial - Don't recall seeing even one Doritos commercial.

Halftime was just noisy! - Not fans of Lady GaGa (of course).

All of us (except for the couple's 10 year-old son) were rooting for the Falcons, and when they left (to put the kids in bed) at 9:00 PM, we pretty much thought it was a done deal for Atlanta...

But Hubby and I fought through our drowsiness and stuck with it and, DANG!

I kept saying that if anybody could "comeback," it was Brady, and boy did he ever!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Romans828 For This Useful Post:

Valiant Woman (02-07-2017)

Blog Entries
    I felt that way a little but then realized..Brady is one SMART cookie....they just outplayed them. This guy went in at half time and recalibrated based on the mistakes of the first half and came back with a PLAN and the execution...when they made that first 8 point down he told the crowds he was going to do that same thing again...and he did...that is unprecedented strategy. Not chance...They just outplayed the Falcons....

I had to remind myself that I could either admit that or protest and demand they give up their trophy....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Romans828 View Post
    Hubby and I invited a couple from church over - We made a big spread of snacks and had a great time of fun and fellowship.

The commercials were disappointing - Worst evah!
    They were!!! I was almost as surprised at that as I was the ending of the game.... Remember the one about 4 years of 'bad hair'? pitiful!