Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Kenneth Copeland.... It's to early in the morning for this junk...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GodismyJudge View Post
    Some just do not really believe in speaking to things.

If they don't dismiss it offhand right off, then it's because they don't actually stick with it and develop themselves, so they never see it work.

Or they only believe in one area,

It does take diligence and attention to watch over our words and our speech at all times.

We have to actually believe what we say, according to the Scriptures.

As well as, being led by the Spirit consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Arent we told a lesson of the fig tree?? If we have such power to curse, if we can shout at mountains to be removed, to have authority to tell Satan to get thee behind me, to have the authority to speak against ANY sickness...just what kind of unbelief does not believe this?? How convenient to believe we cant.
    There's no clearer doctrine taught and demonstrated in the Bible, especially the NT, about authority being released with one's words. Jesus did it if I'm not mistaken with every healing and deliverance performed, the disciples also, etc. Even a gentile centurion saw it, "Speak the word only and my servant will be healed", and prefaced that with an understanding of how authority works. The Bible is clear that God cares about our 'stuff', even something as lowly and insignificant as an axe head.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (08-17-2018), GodismyJudge (08-16-2018), Jonathan david (08-17-2018), Valiant Woman (06-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    There's no clearer doctrine taught and demonstrated in the Bible, especially the NT, about authority being released with one's words. Jesus did it if I'm not mistaken with every healing and deliverance performed, the disciples also, etc. Even a gentile centurion saw it, "Speak the word only and my servant will be healed", and prefaced that with an understanding of how authority works. The Bible is clear that God cares about our 'stuff', even something as lowly and insignificant as an axe head.
    There it is.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (08-17-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    In Luke 10 Jesus sends out his disciples telling them to bring neither a money bag, a knapsack or extra sandals. In Luke 22 he reminds them that they still didn't lack anything. Does that mean that people gave them sandals when they needed new ones just like they gave them food when they had preached the gospel to them ? He doesn't say anything about that but there is a corresponding account from the Old Testament :

Deut 29:5 And I have led you forty years in the wilderness. Your clothes have not worn out on you, and your sandals have not worn out on your feet.

So it seems likely that that is what happened again, their sandals were preserved supernaturally. I wish more televangelists and celebrity ministers would save money by the power of God instead of having people give them money so that they can spend it.

Kudos to Kenneth Copeland for asking God in faith to fix the corrosion on his plane.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (08-17-2018)

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John's Avatar
    The Lord certainly has mechanical skills.

Exodus 14:25 He jammed the wheels of their chariots so that they had difficulty driving.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (08-17-2018)

Blog Entries
    I don't have an issue with praying for a rusted plane or anything similar

I wish he took pictures because that would show the before and after pics

What some call unscriptural others will recognize as operating in the freedom of the Spirit.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonathan david For This Useful Post:

Valiant Woman (06-09-2019)

Let's have a look at the content of the article linked :

-----

Televangelist Kenneth Copeland says God once told him to lay hands on a corroded private jet and that He would heal the plane when he did.

@@@No problems, Deut 28-29 makes God's blessings on people and their property and their normal tasks pretty much all inclusive.

In a message delivered last week titled "Faith for Healing Comes by Hearing," the Texas-based minister, who aligned with the Word of Faith movement, recounted that a member of his board had an older plane that had been parked for a few years and that a team of people did several X-rays on the fuselage and other spots on the aircraft and found some corrosion.

"I was praying over it," Copeland said. "And just as plain, the Lord said to me: 'Lay hands on it. I'll heal it.'"

"He said: Kenneth ... corrosion comes from the curse. He said, 'I provided an airplane for you, didn't I?' I said: Yes, sir. He said: 'Lay hands on it.'"

@@@Would there be no corrosion if the curse had not entered the world ? Who knows. Maybe there would be no corrosion on our personal items, no more than we wanted it to be ? God preserved the Israelites' sandals and clothing during the 40 years in the desert, the effect of his blessing was that the wear and tear didn't dominate them.

He started praying and began putting his hands on the body the aircraft.

"I laid hands on it all over and it's a big ol' airplane and it took a while to do," he said, commanding the corrosion to leave in the name of Jesus.

@@@Someone complained elsewhere that God ought to work all miracles instantly but this is not the case in the Bible, Jesus once prayed twice for a blind man before he was fully healed. My personal experience is that if God's power actually flows through me then it may take a while because the vessel it is flowing through (my soul) is imperfect and less than fully sanctified, which restricts the flow. That couldn't have been Jesus' problem though.

X-rays were subsequently performed on the aircraft after his prayers and only one small spot of corrosion remained, he said.

When Copeland prayed about that small corroded spot, he said, the Lord then said to him: "I wanted to remind you" that objectors "could have said maybe the X-rays were [faulty]."

Copeland said he laid hands on it and prayed again, and the spot disappeared.

As evidence of what he said God did, Copeland read Jeremiah 33:6, which says: "Behold, I will bring [the city] health and cure, and I will cure you, and will reveal unto you the abundance of peace and truth."

Copeland also read aloud "I will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick," which is Ezekiel 34:16, and "Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you and you shall live. And I shall put my spirit in you and you shall live" which is found in Ezekiel 37: 5 and 14.

@@@Yeah, why not.

---

The rest of the article recounts earlier events and statements that don't really have anything to do with the heading.

What is the problem with the statements quoted in the article ? Nothing, really. We may have our individual opinions about whether or not all of that really happened and what we think of Copeland in general will factor into that opinion. But there really isn't much going on that can be said to be unbiblical with certainty.

Some times things like this comes down to :

Mat 7:1 Judge not, that you be not judged.
    2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

fuego (08-17-2018)

Dr. Michael Brown on the prosperity gospel. He talks about private jets from about 52 minutes. He has rebuked Creflo Dollar publicly for his private jetting but he also says that for some ministries having a private jet can "make business sense", especially when they share it with other ministries.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (06-10-2019)

Blog Entries
    Nothing wrong with a preacher owning a jet as long as it is intended for ministry purposes, preaching the gospel, and helping to meet the needs of the poor in third world nations.
    If you put God First, you have Him at Last.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Nothing wrong with a preacher owning a jet as long as it is intended for ministry purposes, preaching the gospel, and helping to meet the needs of the poor in third world nations.
    Sometimes it doesn't make business sense. For instance if the cost of the jet is such that most of the money meant for the poor goes to the jet then it's obviously poor stewardship.