Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Golden State Warriors Ride Kevin Durant to the N.B.A. Championship

Golden State Warriors Ride Kevin Durant to the N.B.A. Championship

After the Golden State Warriors failed to finish off the Cleveland Cavaliers in last year’s N.B.A. finals, blowing a 3-1 lead in the series, they knew they needed to get better if they wanted to go from a one-time title winner to a dynasty. So the team aggressively pursued superstar Kevin Durant in free agency. The former M.V.P. was worth every penny, leading the Warriors to their second championship in three years.

Durant, who became just the sixth player in N.B.A. history to score 30 or more points in each game of a finals, had 39 in the series-clinching Game 5 victory. He proved his value all over the court with dominant play inside, great outside shooting and tenacious defense as the Warriors beat the Cavaliers 129-120.

In a tear-filled interview on the court after the game, Durant said he had not slept in two days and was anxious and jittery prior to the game, but all of that was over now.

“We prevailed,” Durant said. “We’re champions and we did it on our own floor.”

Durant called James, who had 41 points, 13 rebounds and 8 assists in the loss, the only person he has looked at since 2012 in terms of competition. He also joked that they were now even in finals after James’s Miami Heat had beaten Durant’s Oklahoma City Thunder in that 2012 season.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/12/s...iors-cavs.html

I was a little disappointed when Kevin Durant left the Oklahoma City Thunder, but I'm so happy for him and I'm glad he chose the Golden State Warriors with my favorite b-ball player Stephen Curry. Gotta give LeBron James his props, he played a fantastic game and is greatly responsible for making it as exciting as it was!

This was this most exciting Finals I've watched in a long time! I don't think I've been this excited over a basketball game since the Detroit Pistons won the championship back in the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s.
    When your praise match your prayers, the answer will come.
    https://www.facebook.com/Valiant-Wom...1103844642026/

Blog Entries
    I was hoping the Cavs would pull it out. That was some game Friday night with the Cavs setting all those scoring and 3 point records.

In the end it was all about Durant. Curry was basically ignored when compared to the press he got 2 years ago vs tonight. The post game coverage tonight was 90% Durant.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Valiant Woman (06-13-2017)

I was disappointed when Durant left OKC but am really glad they won the championship. We watched most of the first half over dinner at Mazzio's and missed the second half doing our grocery shopping. It was really getting exciting just before we had to leave!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to curly sue For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    God was on our side! Golden State Bay Area should have won last year too but the powers that be cheated

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pentecali View Post
    God was on our side! Golden State Bay Area should have won last year too but the powers that be cheated
    How did they cheat did they make them use a square basketball

Quote Originally Posted by curly sue View Post
    I was disappointed when Durant left OKC but am really glad they won the championship. We watched most of the first half over dinner at Mazzio's and missed the second half doing our grocery shopping. It was really getting exciting just before we had to leave!
    Off topic, but I MISS Mazzio's!! I would eat there occasionally at the one by ORU.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FaithfulOne For This Useful Post:

curly sue (06-13-2017), Valiant Woman (06-13-2017)

Blog Entries
    Too bad the greatest basketball player in the world lost, but his team was too streaky in their playing. Lebron did his part but did not have the good consistent players to support him. I only watch the game to see LeBron play. Durrant and Curry are just great shooters, but LJ does it all. If LJ wasn't playing, I would not have watched it.
    Last edited by Nikos; 06-13-2017 at 10:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    How did they cheat did they make them use a square basketball
    No lol, I don't remember the play by play activity, but they showed extreme (and obvious) favoritism to LaBron & the Cavs last year and everyone here knew it, saw it and believes it. Nothing will change our minds. We are not being sore losers.even a lot of commentators noticed it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pentecali For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    LaBron is cocky. Our guys have a better attitude. Curry is a Pentecostal Christian

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pentecali For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pentecali View Post
    LaBron is cocky. Our guys have a better attitude. Curry is a Pentecostal Christian
    Yeah, a Pentecostal Christian towing the 'company line' that endorsed Hillary and called Trump an a**. We need more 'Pentecostal Christians' like that. Not to mention he's one of the cockiest ones out there.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Nikos (06-13-2017)