Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Teen Worship Leader Rebuked for Wearing Shorts

Skinny women wearing shorts or other revealing clothes ought to be a greater problem than chubby or fat women doing the same.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    Skinny women wearing shorts or other revealing clothes ought to be a greater problem than chubby or fat women doing the same.
    WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    WHY?
    Because their bodies tend to attract more sexual attention. Maybe a really fat woman who wears a bikini and tries to make the most of it is worse, I don't know.

Putting aside whether or not this young woman is a Christian, or was dressed appropriately or should be on the worship team, or if the video should have been posted (that last one, I think the video should have been shown to the Pastor alone.) On a level of compassion, my heart broke for this girl. It looks like she started recording after the woman started on her. She was cussing while sobbing. This was not put on for the video, she was distraught. I've been that distraught and I've thrown f-bombs. That woman had a real opportunity to counsel that girl in kindness and she chose to humiliate her. It was obvious from the interaction, that woman did not like that girl.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Susan For This Useful Post:

A.J. (07-11-2019), Ezekiel 33 (07-10-2019), Femme* (07-11-2019)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    Maybe a really fat woman who wears a bikini and tries to make the most of it is worse, I don't know.
    No pics please

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    No pics please
    That would be a bit much in addition to all the bikini clad men, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    I dont know why anyone is reactive to this. Isnt this the backslidden mainline that years ago began sliding into "gay affirming" and recently made it an issue to consider same-sex marriages, lesbian pastors etc etc etc? Sheesh. This is small peas.
    I have heard that they also support abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by Femme* View Post
    A lot of what Val said..

But, the first thing that put me off was "stage".. if they're in a church, it shouldn't be a "stage".

Moving on, her "outfit" was disgraceful period, not to mention it was *supposed* to be in a worship service?

The whole approach of the elder woman was overbearing and condescending, but, as Val pointed out, she spoke truth.

The language the young woman used was abhorrent and odious.

NOTHING salvagable about the whole incident.
    What else would you call an elevated platform used so that all the people can see/hear what is going on in front of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel 33 View Post
    What else would you call an elevated platform used so that all the people can see/hear what is going on in front of them?
    That shouldnt even be in question what with the anger between members such as it is. Stage, platform...some dip once, some dip twice (I miss Catchy).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-10-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel 33 View Post
    I have heard that they also support abortion.

The local UMC pastorette was discussing with us that she couldnt find scriptural evidence for the sin of homosexuality nor proofs that Hell is a real place. The other pastor was a doctorate professor in the Presbyterian USA. We both sat with our mouths open.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-10-2019), Romans828 (07-10-2019)