Page 118 of 319 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 3187

Thread: How's the weather in your neck of the woods

This weekend we may hit 60 for the first time this spring.

Maybe hit 60 this weekend. This morning a chilly but calm 28deg. It has been over 5 months seeing this kind of scenery out the front yard:

How's the weather in your neck of the woods-9ad3f0ff-463f-41e4-b813-f472ca272b4c-jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Maybe hit 60 this weekend. This morning a chilly but calm 28deg. It has been over 5 months seeing this kind of scenery out the front yard:

How's the weather in your neck of the woods-9ad3f0ff-463f-41e4-b813-f472ca272b4c-jpg
    Really looks different with all the snow gone.

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Really looks different with all the snow gone.
    It sure does. Grass is growing and my yard isnt cleared of plowed up gravel yet. Going to be a busy week.

Today is just gorgeous. The high winds have calmed and the woods are alive with critters this morning. Temps?? Awoke to 28 and frosty white frozen puddles.

MayDay! MayDay! MayDay!

We are having blustery winds, rain and 36deg!!

No sign of March weather in sight.

How's the weather in your neck of the woods-c527579c-6d26-41a8-a6e1-abd174823534-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images How's the weather in your neck of the woods-73a675f4-e2b9-44b9-8a7b-3d8a30b0cebf-jpg 
    Last edited by FireBrand; 05-01-2019 at 02:29 PM.

A whole lotta rain came down in Metro Detroit last night and it caused a whole lotta flooding for many folk:

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...chool-closures?

Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    A whole lotta rain came down in Metro Detroit last night and it caused a whole lotta flooding for many folk:

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...chool-closures?
    Was that the storm that recently dumped snow on mid-lower Mi? Davenport, Ia is underwater. The Mississippi has gone berserk.

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Was that the storm that recently dumped snow on mid-lower Mi? Davenport, Ia is underwater. The Mississippi has gone berserk.
    No, it was a new deluge that came up from the Gulf...and there might be more on the way. I live near an area that was hit hard and you have to feel so bad for the folk who had basements flooded, water pouring in thru their house doors and cars filled with water and totaled out.

We had an emergency alert come thru on our cell phones around 2am but many didn't hear it...and even if you did there wasn't much you could do to stop the damage, it was basically a heads up to grab what you could and leave the area if necessary.

A lot of my surrounding streets flooded and I was home bound for part of yesterday until the water receded but I'm very grateful that my basement stayed dry and I had no damage.

A lot of other folk weren't so fortunate...

How's the weather in your neck of the woods-gallery_medium-jpg

10. The Following User Says Thank You to krystian For This Useful Post:

FireBrand (05-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    No, it was a new deluge that came up from the Gulf...and there might be more on the way. I live near an area that was hit hard and you have to feel so bad for the folk who had basements flooded, water pouring in thru their house doors and cars filled with water and totaled out.

We had an emergency alert come thru on our cell phones around 2am but many didn't hear it...and even if you did there wasn't much you could do to stop the damage, it was basically a heads up to grab what you could and leave the area if necessary.

A lot of my surrounding streets flooded and I was home bound for part of yesterday until the water receded but I'm very grateful that my basement stayed dry and I had no damage.

A lot of other folk weren't so fortunate...

How's the weather in your neck of the woods-gallery_medium-jpg
    That’s a lot of water.