Page 67 of 319 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the weather in your neck of the woods

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    If you were to ever seriously move, what is the #1 place you would like to move to within practical and functional reason. Meaning a realistic place you would actually move to.
    I would love to live in a city of at least over 100,000 pop. I know that's not very large, but it sure would beat where I live now.

People who come out to our acreage are always wowed by the quiet and the beauty (and isolation, which I laugh at) and I've often been told I wouldn't like living in a city, but I'd love to find that out for myself....

Rather than just moving somewhere tropical, I'd like to try various cities in Canada, go right to the east coast somewhere. I've been to the west coast many times as I have lots of family out there including my older sister, just haven't lived there.

And actually, people have asked me many times where I'd move to and my reply has always been just anywhere! I've lived my whole life here and somewhere else would really be nice.

But now I have grandchildren. And that's where my heart really is, so for now, I'm in agreement with the Father, to be here where they need me.

I guess that's why I love traveling so much. I get to see so many different places. I need to start going over to Europe and having a look around!

...oh, and... I got married @19 and my husband has had NO desire to live anywhere else. NONE. Once he owned a piece of land to put his roots down, there was no where else he wanted to be... I can't say it's been easy, but I've done my best to bloom where I'm planted.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A.J. For This Useful Post:

FireBrand (09-04-2018), Pentecali (09-17-2018), Romans828 (09-04-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Well, you could move. That would be a 'say'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pentecali View Post
    Yep, I was about to suggest that too. I did one other time and she snapped my head off. Lots of snow birds from Alberta in Arizona & Palm Springs in the winter AJ
    Like when I first brought up her sending us Alberta Clippers (weather systems)

Me? I'm always asking God for Him to "move".

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Like when I first brought up her sending us Alberta Clippers (weather systems)

Me? I’m always asking God for Him to “move”.
    I only remember being extremely surprised because I’d never heard the term Alberta Clipper before.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to A.J. For This Useful Post:

FireBrand (09-04-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    I only remember being extremely surprised because I’d never heard the term Alberta Clipper before.

That was a fun exchange, I will say that. We have 82, windy and humidity at 80%.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

A.J. (09-04-2018)

What a difference 24hrs makes. Yeasterday this time we had 78deg, this morning it’s 48.

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    I only remember being extremely surprised because I'd never heard the term Alberta Clipper before.
    Its not an uncommon term here in Michigan, you guys have been affecting our weather for quite a while.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberta_clipper

It was so hot and humid last week but things took a sudden nosedive this past weekend with rain and temps in the 50's (a small Alberta Clipper?). The 70's and even 80s will be back this week but we got a good taste of summer ending and fall coming.

Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    It was so hot and humid last week but things took a sudden nosedive this past weekend with rain and temps in the 50's (a small Alberta Clipper?). The 70's and even 80s will be back this week but we got a good taste of summer ending and fall coming.
    Just wait a few days! If this weather coming in gives you an Alberta Clipper, it could get colder.... mixed rain and snow coming up for us. This is very bad. The farmers are trying to get their crops off and we've been having WAY too much rain... even a little rain messes with the humidity in the grain. Take a crop off too wet and put it in a bin can end up with it heating, even to the point of starting on fire. If the crops sit wet in the field in swaths too long, the quality grade goes down and that mean it's worth less when it's shipped. Our farmers are having a tough time this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    Its not an uncommon term here in Michigan, you guys have been affecting our weather for quite a while.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberta_clipper
    "you guys..."

We have a gorgeous day ahead. Right now, 55deg and will see 70's.
    Kicked back with a mug of Joe and watching the Sonrise.
    How's the weather in your neck of the woods-ea553869-9609-4fc9-8fd3-6c3860ebd3bd-jpg