Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Man In The High Castle

Quote Originally Posted by CatchyUsername View Post
    Yes, Josh Whedon's Dollhouse. Probably one of the best tv shows of all time! I never even knew about the series until it left the air.....if I had known about it, I would have watched it faithfully. That's probably why it was cancelled....no one knew about it!

The Dollhouse is not for the viewer that just wants an easy "escape". I mean....it's a complex show with tons of flashback and flashforward sequences, so it's hard to follow if you don't pay attention. For me, that's a compliment. I don't like formulaic tv....
    I really, REALLY like Josh.. I didn't find Firefly until I saw the movie Serenity! Susan pointed me.. and I love it.

I think Dollhouse was when we dropped TV so I didn't have a way to keep going.. but I think I'll go have another look.. I did like what I saw.

thanks for the reminder.

Blog Entries
    I would like to see this series...let me know when it ends up on DVD for sale..I know it will eventually.

Warning....there is some cussing....it's not frequent or a lot, but it's there for sure. It's jarring when you're not used to it. I don't expect the world to act like, or talk like, Christians. When it's frequent, I do shut it off. But it's not horrible at this point, and I'm on episode 6. No sex or nudity. It is violent, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    I would like to see this series...let me know when it ends up on DVD for sale..I know it will eventually.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CatchyUsername View Post
    Warning....there is some cussing....it's not frequent or a lot, but it's there for sure. It's jarring when you're not used to it. I don't expect the world to act like, or talk like, Christians. When it's frequent, I do shut it off. But it's not horrible at this point, and I'm on episode 6. No sex or nudity. It is violent, though.
    Thanks...that is to be expected if it's to be realistic.

Thanks Catchy, I saw the commercials and it looked interesting. I'm not an Amazon prime member. Don't you get some free book downloads too?

Not sure I understand the question.....are you asking what the benefits are for being a prime member?

Quote Originally Posted by Susan View Post
    Thanks Catchy, I saw the commercials and it looked interesting. I'm not an Amazon prime member. Don't you get some free book downloads too?

Wow this show is so interesting and soooooooo good! Some of those true to the book don't like it but since I didn't read the book, I couldn't care less. I'm on episode 10 and now I can't wait until season 2!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Very interesting. I'm surprised this was even made because you would think they would be scared of offending the Japanese and Germans.

They are lower on the PC pecking order

The film should be that America is ruled by millions of transgender, gay, Mexican and Norwegian, islamic, liberal terrorists