Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CA Senate Passes Resolution Telling Pastors to Embrace LGBTQ Ideology

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John's Avatar

CA Senate Passes Resolution Telling Pastors to Embrace LGBTQ Ideology

California Senate passed a resolution telling Christian clergy to accept and support LGBTQ ideology, even if doing so violates their Christian beliefs.

Assembly Concurrent Resolution 99 (ACR-99) was introduced by Democratic state Assemblyman Evan Low of San Jose on June 4 as a way to gather support for LGBTQ identity and behaviors.
    https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2019...-lgbtq-beliefs

2. The Following User Says Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (09-19-2019)

Blog Entries
    Oh brother.

Well, I guess we'll separate the 'men' from the wimps.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (09-19-2019), Romans828 (09-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Oh brother.

Well, I guess we'll separate the 'men' from the wimps.
    Bring it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (09-19-2019), Romans828 (09-17-2019)

that headline is wholly misleading.
    I was wondering, since I live in CA, why was it I hadn't heard of this!
    Well.. the headline leads you to think one thing, and it's unbelievably bait and switch.

This is about "conversion therapy".. which, btw, has been shown to not be affective. (maybe you've heard of the latest ex-gay who's decided he's going back to gay?)

Anyway.. while I do think it's a bit draconian, and the whole transgender thing has gone completely off the rails, it's one thing to give accurate info about what's going on and another to completely try to stir the pot disengenously.

these people have lost any respect I might have had for them and they are forever a non-reliable source.

I will take nothing from them as reliable.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Femme* For This Useful Post:

njtom (09-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Femme* View Post
    Well.. the headline leads you to think one thing, and it's unbelievably bait and switch.

This is about "conversion therapy".. which, btw, has been shown to not be affective. (maybe you've heard of the latest ex-gay who's decided he's going back to gay?)

Anyway.. while I do think it's a bit draconian, and the whole transgender thing has gone completely off the rails, it's one thing to give accurate info about what's going on and another to completely try to stir the pot disengenously.

these people have lost any respect I might have had for them and they are forever a non-reliable source.

I was wondering about that too, where the headline is reflected in the actual article. A lot of these articles seem to amount to conjecture about the future based on a very negative mindset. Some of it may come to pass, some of it may not. Prayer helps of course.

I've heard of ex-gays going back to being gay just like I've heard of ex-sinners taking up their former sins again. They want us all to believe that they can simply generalize that in the case of homosexuality but there are plenty of ex-gays that are married and that keep doing well.

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John's Avatar

You're right Femme, I just went and scanned the resolution. It looks more like something they did in order to pander to the homosexual vote than to actually crack down on Pastors. Click bait works!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    I was wondering about that too, where the headline is reflected in the actual article. A lot of these articles seem to amount to conjecture about the future based on a very negative mindset. Some of it may come to pass, some of it may not. Prayer helps of course.

I've heard of ex-gays going back to being gay just like I've heard of ex-sinners taking up their former sins again. They want us all to believe that they can simply generalize that in the case of homosexuality but there are plenty of ex-gays that are married and that keep doing well.
    Bingo. Good point. It’s like saying any kind of therapy, getting people off drugs, alcohol, etc, etc, etc, isn’t effective because 100% don’t stray delivered.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (09-19-2019)

I'm sure you are correct if you are talking about secular therapy. But the gospel can change them. Jesus not only forgives our sins, but in order for us to actually inherit the kingdom of God He also sets us FREE from our sins.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ezekiel 33 For This Useful Post:

fuego (09-19-2019), victoryword (09-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel 33 View Post
    I'm sure you are correct if you are talking about secular therapy. But the gospel can change them. Jesus not only forgives our sins, but in order for us to actually inherit the kingdom of God He also sets us FREE from our sins.
    He also heals our bodies and our minds where needed. Some times a healing of the mind is required before its actual content can be straightened out, including various emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel 33 View Post
    not disagreeing on this.. but we don't expect "the world" to operate the same way and they're not going to be able to see it. Also, all it takes is one wacko to say "oh yeah! I'm [insert "healing stuff here"] and then revert to have the whole discredited.

I'm also thinking there are work arounds for those seriously wanting a change.