Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ric Ocasek, lead singer of The Cars, found dead in NYC, police say

Ric Ocasek, lead singer of The Cars, found dead in NYC, police say

Ric Ocasek, lead singer of The Cars, found dead in NYC, police say
    By Mike Arroyo
    https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...nyc-police-say

Ric Ocasek, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame singer whose popular new-wave band, The Cars, left a profound impact on rock music, was found dead in his New York City apartment on Sunday, a police spokesman said. Ocasek was 75.

Ocasek's estranged wife, Paulina Porizkova, found him unresponsive Sunday afternoon at his home in Manhattan's Gramercy Park neighborhood, sources told the New York Post, adding that he apparently died of natural causes....

...The Cars were inducted in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 2018, an occasion that saw the band perform together for the first time in years -- but without co-founder Benjamin Orr, who died in 2000.

Ocasek described the performance as "a good cap on the bottle" of his career, in a Rolling Stone interview. "It's kind of weird because it's like a lifetime. It is a lifetime. I had three families during that time. They are like lives that go by and millions of people and things and artists and writers and business people and fans. ... It's a lot of stuff. It's been a pretty eventful life, I can say."

This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity (futility) of their mind, having the understanding darkened...
    (Ephesians 4:17-18)

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly...
    (Psalm 1)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GodismyJudge For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (09-16-2019)

When Orr passed away, the Cars passed away. They never recovered. But seriously, Ricky O was 75?? Wow, Jagger is 76.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (09-16-2019)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    When Orr passed away, the Cars passed away. They never recovered. But seriously, Ricky O was 75?? Wow, Jagger is 76.
    Gonna be a lot of them dying over the next several years. Krys posted an article about it somewhere.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Romans828 (09-16-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Gonna be a lot of them dying over the next several years. Krys posted an article about it somewhere.
    Yeah, Eddie Money went last week. I truly hope he had at least one ticket to paradise!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ezekiel 33 For This Useful Post:

FaithfulOne (09-16-2019), fuego (09-16-2019), Romans828 (09-16-2019)

This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity (futility) of their mind, having the understanding darkened...
    (Ephesians 4:17-18)

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly...
    (Psalm 1)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    I posted that article, but whatever.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FaithfulOne For This Useful Post:

Romans828 (09-16-2019)

And Rod Stewart has had prostate cancer for three years, but says he has beaten it...I can't post the article right now tho.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FaithfulOne View Post
    I posted that article, but whatever.
    Sorry about that.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

FaithfulOne (09-16-2019)

On November 15, 1964, the Chronicle printed the story, quoting Jack Weinberg as saying "We have a saying in the movement that you can't trust anybody over 30."

Jack Weinberg will turn 80 on April 4. I suggest they come up with a new version of the saying :

"Don't trust anybody under 80"

Some of the ever youthful rock stars are due to become trustworthy according to the new standard quite soon. Paul McCartney included.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (09-17-2019)

Can Beiber be far behind?