Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: British Israel

Blog Entries

British Israel

Back in May, I ran across a pastor who said he believes in something called British Israel? He said many people secretly believe it but keep quiet about it. I never heard of that. I’m not 100% why they keep it quiet and I don’t know much about it.

He said many of our forefathers believed it and taught it in the early years of America. Now, that may be true because my mom mentioned one time that her grandfather believed in this but she didn’t remember much of it either.

I never gave it a thought.

So, now I’m curious. So I asked him, What is this?
    I hope I get this correct, he explained after Solomon died, Israel went to war & was divided into 2 nations. 10 tribes in the north were eventually taken captive by the Assyrians. The 2 southern tribes were taken captive by Babylon. Makes sense so far because that’s bible.
    He went on to say that after the Assyrian empire fell, the 10 tribes scattered into Europe and that the British are a lost tribe and America was connected to this. Queen Of England is a direct descendent of king David. I’ll have to post more as I recall.
    I just listened. If this is true, where are the facts? Anyone know or believe this?
    Last edited by Pentecali; 09-15-2019 at 11:40 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pentecali For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (09-17-2019)

Blog Entries
    Never heard of it. Google is your friend.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (09-17-2019)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Never heard of it. Google is your friend.
    You’re not much help

Blog Entries
    Not that much info on it

When I moved back to Detroit some years ago, I joined a church who's founding members (back during the time of Aimee S. McPherson, she held a crusade here and the church was birthed from it) believed in that. That lasted until the mid-eighties, when a Rhema grad was called to pastor there. The church by that time was in serious decline and the new pastor insisted that belief be removed from the church by-laws (among other things, the British Israelite belief was racist).

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FaithfulOne For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (09-17-2019), Pentecali (09-15-2019)

I've heard of it, but know little about it.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to curly sue For This Useful Post:

F F Bosworth allegedly believed in it for a while in the thirties or fourties. I suppose that the theory largely came to an end when Israel became a sovereign nation.

Who's the guy with the lipstick and foundation ?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    I researched it years ago because a Christian I knew embraced it.
    Basically Gt Britain as well as Northern Europe belong to the lost tribes especially Ephraim and it also includes USA.

There is lots of teaching on it and as someone said the throne of England descends from King David and the prophet Jeremiah took one of the royal sons to England when the Babylonians conquered Jerusalem

I don't believe it ....too much speculation and story telling

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

I ran into this in the 80s, but I can't remember much - was it Herbert Armstrong's group that believed in this? I could be wrong.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Highly Favoured For This Useful Post:

It kind of goes with the one where the Czars of Russia are descendants of the Lost Tribes. Just another form of Replacement Theology. By the way, all of the tribes of Israel are accounted for in the New Testament. Well, except Dan but that tribe got replaced by the sons of Joseph.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Tehilah Ba'Aretz For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (09-17-2019)