Thread: Edward Mahoney dead at 70

Edward Mahoney dead at 70

Singer Eddie Money, known for 'Two Tickets to Paradise,' dead at 70
    By Nelson Oliveira, New York Daily News
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...-70/ar-AAHgmHg

Rock star Eddie Money, the Brooklyn-born singer best known for "Two Tickets to Paradise" and "Take Me Home Tonight," has died at age 70 after a battle with cancer.

The Grammy-nominated musician who turned out hits in the 1970s and 1980s died Friday, his family said in a statement....

...Money, who was born Edward Joseph Mahoney, had been diagnosed with stage 4 esophageal cancer and discussed the disease publicly for the first time last month in a video from his AXS TV reality series "Real Money."...

This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity (futility) of their mind, having the understanding darkened...
    (Ephesians 4:17-18)

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly...
    (Psalm 1)

Blog Entries
    I read about him having cancer not too long ago. AXSTV channel had just started a reality show with him and his family several months ago. I never saw it but I did watch an interview with him by Dan Rather a few months ago before the show started.

UPDATE: 9:47 AM PT -- A source close to Eddie tells us the singer died from complications associated with his heart valve procedure from a few months ago.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/09/13/eddie...l-cancer-dies/

This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity (futility) of their mind, having the understanding darkened...

(Psalm 1)

I read an article last week...those of us who are "baby boomers" will continue to see those who we've listened to and grew up with for years pass on. Sobering thought.

https://theweek.com/articles/861750/...ry-rock-legend

...Just about every rock legend you can think of is going to die within the next decade or so.

Yes, we've lost some already. On top of the icons who died horribly young decades ago — Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Elvis Presley, John Lennon — there's the litany of legends felled by illness, drugs, and just plain old age in more recent years: George Harrison, Ray Charles, Michael Jackson, Lou Reed, David Bowie, Glenn Frey, Prince, Leonard Cohen, Tom Petty.

Those losses have been painful. But it's nothing compared with the tidal wave of obituaries to come. The grief and nostalgia will wash over us all. Yes, the Boomers left alive will take it hardest — these were their heroes and generational compatriots. But rock remained the biggest game in town through the 1990s, which implicates GenXers like myself, no less than plenty of millennials.

All of which means there's going to be an awful lot of mourning going on.

Behold the killing fields that lie before us: Bob Dylan (78 years old); Paul McCartney (77); Paul Simon (77) and Art Garfunkel (77); Carole King (77); Brian Wilson (77); Mick Jagger (76) and Keith Richards (75); Joni Mitchell (75); Jimmy Page (75) and Robert Plant (71); Ray Davies (75); Roger Daltrey (75) and Pete Townshend (74); Roger Waters (75) and David Gilmour (73); Rod Stewart (74); Eric Clapton (74); Debbie Harry (74); Neil Young (73); Van Morrison (73); Bryan Ferry (73); Elton John (72); Don Henley (72); James Taylor (71); Jackson Browne (70); Billy Joel (70); and Bruce Springsteen (69, but turning 70 next month).

A few of these legends might manage to live into their 90s, despite all the ... wear and tear to which they've subjected their bodies over the decades. But most of them will not.

This will force us not only to endure their passing, but to confront our own mortality as well.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FaithfulOne For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (09-16-2019), GodismyJudge (09-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by FaithfulOne View Post
    I read an article last week...those of us who are "baby boomers" will continue to see those who we've listened to and grew up with for years pass on. Sobering thought.

https://theweek.com/articles/861750/...ry-rock-legend
    I read that too and I almost posted it.

I Peter 1:24-25
    (24) For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
    (25) But the Word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the Gospel is preached unto you.

(Psalm 1)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GodismyJudge For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (09-16-2019), FaithfulOne (09-14-2019)