Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Fenholt Dead: 'Jesus Christ Superstar' Actor Was 68

Blog Entries

Jeff Fenholt Dead: 'Jesus Christ Superstar' Actor Was 68

Most here that know him will remember him from TBN. Article to complicated to post with pics and all. "5 Things you need to know" at the site.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/09/jeff-fenholt-dead/

And a Mario Murillo column on his death and the supernatural way he met him:

Some people have wondered why I have remained silent about Jeff’s passing. The reason is mostly shock and grief.

I can’t talk about Jeff unless I first tell you about the supernatural way I met him. I’m walking out of a supermarket and a complete stranger confronts me. He says, “Mario, the man who was the first to play Jesus in Jesus Christ Superstar on Broadway has been born again. He is singing for Jesus now. Here’s his card. You should call him and work with him.” I had no idea how that man knew me or how he got Jeff Fenholt’s card.

About a week later a pastor said the exact same thing to me, but that was still not enough to make me call Jeff. A few weeks later, however, something happened that made it impossible for me not to call him.

I was having lunch in Manhattan with David Wilkerson. He was having soup and didn’t even look up when he barked at me, “JEFF FENHOLT. WORK WITH HIM.” With that, decades of doing outreaches with Jeff began. Mechelle and I knew him for over 30 years...

https://mariomurilloministries.wordp.../jeff-fenholt/

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Most here that know him will remember him from TBN. Article to complicated to post with pics and all. "5 Things you need to know" at the site.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/09/jeff-fenholt-dead/

And a Mario Murillo column on his death and the supernatural way he met him:

Some people have wondered why I have remained silent about Jeff’s passing. The reason is mostly shock and grief.

I can’t talk about Jeff unless I first tell you about the supernatural way I met him. I’m walking out of a supermarket and a complete stranger confronts me. He says, “Mario, the man who was the first to play Jesus in Jesus Christ Superstar on Broadway has been born again. He is singing for Jesus now. Here’s his card. You should call him and work with him.” I had no idea how that man knew me or how he got Jeff Fenholt’s card.

About a week later a pastor said the exact same thing to me, but that was still not enough to make me call Jeff. A few weeks later, however, something happened that made it impossible for me not to call him.

I was having lunch in Manhattan with David Wilkerson. He was having soup and didn’t even look up when he barked at me, “JEFF FENHOLT. WORK WITH HIM.” With that, decades of doing outreaches with Jeff began. Mechelle and I knew him for over 30 years...

https://mariomurilloministries.wordp.../jeff-fenholt/
    Precious testimony there. I remember seeing Jeff on TBN many nights through the years. He had such a tender and patient spirit about him.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

FaithfulOne (09-13-2019), fuego (09-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Precious testimony there. I remember seeing Jeff on TBN many nights through the years. He had such a tender and patient spirit about him.
    I agree - Hubby and I were big fans - See ya in Glory, Bro. Jeff - Well done, good and faithful servant!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Romans828 For This Useful Post:

FireBrand (09-13-2019), fuego (09-13-2019)

Jeff was here for a weekend where I live, at the Christian motorcycle group event we were involved with (yes patches and Harleys, tattoos and bikers who used to be on the wrong side) where I got married. Jeff won a prize, a beautiful picture of a eagle with the American Flag...signed it and gave it to us...back in 1997...... somewhere I have pictures....

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lindaeverchanging For This Useful Post:

fuego (09-13-2019), Highly Favoured (09-14-2019)

Blog Entries
    “JEFF FENHOLT. WORK WITH HIM.”

Don't mess with David Wilkerson

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

fuego (09-13-2019)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    Don't mess with David Wilkerson

That is a pretty amazing story though.

Blog Entries

That is a pretty amazing story though.

Yes it is

I do recall the name Jeff Fenholt but I don't think he was big down here but his ministry with Mario is inspiring

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    Yes it is

I do recall the name Jeff Fenholt but I don't think he was big down here but his ministry with Mario is inspiring
    He was mainly known by most here and those other Christians that knew him because he was on TBN a lot back in the day.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Romans828 (09-13-2019)

I've been facebook friends with him for a while and didn't see that coming at all. He was a strong outspoken Christian and conservative and posted often. He loved the Lord, his family and his country and would mention his little dog Twinkie frequently, matter of fact a lot of the pics he posted were of him:

https://www.facebook.com/jeff.fenholt/photos_all

15. The Following User Says Thank You to krystian For This Useful Post:

Romans828 (09-14-2019)

Blog Entries
    TESTIMONY