Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "This is my cross to bear"

"This is my cross to bear"

So, have any of you had to deal with someone who is convinced that the illness they were just diagnosed with is "My cross to bear", "The Lord wants me to have this so that I can encourage someone else" mentality????

I told her she was listening to devils, and that didn't go over very well. I asked for one scripture to back this up- that didn't go over very well either. I told her that she is believing a lie. Didn't want to hear that. She would not allow us to lay hands on her and pray for healing either.

Not sure if this is something that comes from her catholic- then Baptist background or what???

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ezekiel 33 For This Useful Post:

fuego (09-12-2019)

Co-redemptrix ?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (09-12-2019)

Not sure exactly the mindset, but I know that it is demonically inspired.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ezekiel 33 For This Useful Post:

HEAVEN (09-13-2019)

Punishment for sin in her life? Just like when the disciples asked Jesus, "who sinned? This blind man or his parents?" Does she think she has to be punished for her sin?

What Good Father brings punishment like that to a beloved daughter or son???

Jesus bore all diseases on the Cross. She just does not believe the simple Gospel. Jesus was the sin offering. When He was lifted up on the cross, He either took ALL disease and ALL sin into His body to be judged by God, or He didn't. Anything a person wants to hang on to, whether it's sin or sickness, for whatever reason can't be nullified by the Cross. This very simple teaching is absent from a lot of churches, and perhaps she has a mixed up theology. Study the Scripture. Look at the Cross... you can spend years and decades looking at the Cross and everything Jesus won for us because it's all over the Scripture from the beginning to the end.

As far as a mindset, she cannot prove her stand with Scripture. Period. I'd challenge her to dive into the Scripture and find ALL the scriptures where a person's disease brought glory to God. And then find all the Scripture where it says that sickness comes from sin and the devil.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Highly Favoured For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (09-13-2019), HEAVEN (09-13-2019)

I have dedicated the majority of my ministry to fighting against this aberrant mindset. It is Satan's way to both cast aspersions upon God's character and to keep people in bondage to his works.
    Christ's Victory Bible Teaching Center
    Web site: http://www.cvbibleteachingcenter.org

Vindicating God Ministries
    (A Unique New Bible Teaching Ministry)
    Web site: http://www.vindicatinggod.org
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vindicatinggod
    Gab: https://gab.com/victoriousword
    Minds: https://www.minds.com/victoriousword/
    MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/troyedwards15

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to victoryword For This Useful Post:

Colonel (09-13-2019), Ezekiel 33 (09-13-2019), fuego (09-12-2019), GodismyJudge (09-12-2019)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by victoryword View Post
    I have dedicated the majority of my ministry to fighting against this aberrant mindset. It is Satan's way to both cast aspersions upon God's character and to keep people in bondage to his works.
    There is no scriptural support for it. So not sure where they get this from.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (09-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel 33 View Post

I told her she was listening to devils, and that didn't go over very well. I asked for one scripture to back this up- that didn't go over very well either.

Sure would have liked to have been there to watch.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (09-13-2019)

I feel bad for her surrendering to the devil's lies, but there is nothing I can do at this point but pray for the Lord to shake her awake and tear down this stronghold.

This same person wanted to learn about the HS baptism a couple months ago. I sat down with the husband and her and went through the scriptures. He then wanted to receive, and did. Turned and asked her and she wanted nothing to do with it, even after witnessing her husband receiving. There are some real strongholds that need to be broken for sure.

God is still awesome!!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ezekiel 33 For This Useful Post:

fuego (09-13-2019), Romans828 (09-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel 33 View Post
    I feel bad for her surrendering to the devil's lies, but there is nothing I can do at this point but pray for the Lord to shake her awake and tear down this stronghold.

This same person wanted to learn about the HS baptism a couple months ago. I sat down with the husband and her and went through the scriptures. He then wanted to receive, and did. Turned and asked her and she wanted nothing to do with it, even after witnessing her husband receiving. There are some real strongholds that need to be broken for sure.

God is still awesome!!!
    Stronghold, indeed. That’s the worst kind to deal with, the foul spirit that blocks her from going on with God. Major hinderance.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (09-16-2019)

I heard the story years ago that a person went up for prayer at a healing revival and told the Evangelist they were sick for the glory of God and the Evangelist said, Lord give her two (whatever diseases). It made her change her way of thinking. Of course, God would not honor a prayer like that but it got her attention. It also makes sense if a person is sick for the glory of God, why do they go to Doctors or take medicine. The devil is such a deceiver.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HEAVEN For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (09-16-2019), Pentecali (09-13-2019)