Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Another Pastor commits suicide

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    I forgot about the Eastern Orthodox thing. Crazy what some of these critics end up doing. But it even happens to the 'good' ones. Ulf Eckman who was WoF and had a huge Charismatic church in Sweden ended up going Catholic.

We also had a student at BRSM that preached on college campuses and won a lot of souls, go Roman Catholic after he left school. He was a real student of church history and knew a lot about it, and I think that is what ultimately turned him, reading about that stuff all the time.
    Ulf Ekman is now a Catholic Charismatic but he's totally out of ministry. The good news is that the church he founded and pastored is thriving in his absence. He hasn't become a WoF critic either, like some antis hoped for.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (09-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Back in the days of the Bville revival every night Hankie H would spew venom and sensationalized half-truths against the revival, Pastor Kilpatrick and Steve Hill. His biggest rant was all the money they were making off the "false revival". The worst part was the books Hankie was selling about the very same subject. It was the worst hypocrisy I have ever seen and the cessationists kissed the bottoms of his shoes for it.

And Hankie? He flipped over to Eastern Orthodox church. Afterall, "orthodoxy" was his idol.

ETA: Here is the latest. Rather interesting:
    https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/cwn/201...-me-from-dying
    In Hanagraaf's case going Eastern Orthodox may have been a step in the right direction, albeit a small one. At least he's out of the heresy hunter lane.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (09-13-2019), FireBrand (09-13-2019)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
    I remember when our pastor at the time went to a Vineyard conference. He came back and said the hardest thing for him was when there was a healing, John Wimber, instead of saying "Praise the Lord," said "Hot Dog!"

I walked past him at a conference and he was very obese so not surprised he said 'hot dog'

But he did have a powerful healing gift. There was no hype or striving he didn't tell the people to 'have faith' like pentecostals.
    It was just trust Jesus and the Holy Spirit would move

He ended up losing a massive amount of weight

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

Bookman (09-13-2019), Ezekiel 33 (09-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    I walked past him at a conference and he was very obese so not surprised he said 'hot dog'

But he did have a powerful healing gift. There was no hype or striving he didn't tell the people to 'have faith' like pentecostals.
    It was just trust Jesus and the Holy Spirit would move

He ended up losing a massive amount of weight
    His bringing worship music to the forefront was one of his great gifts to the Body of Christ. Vineyard Music still holds a place in my heart.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (09-13-2019)

His bringing worship music to the forefront was one of his great gifts to the Body of Christ. Vineyard Music still holds a place in my heart.
    It was before my time, but I fell in love with the music after I was saved. Still use some of it today.

One of the favorites at our church is I see the Lord . I believe that was originally Vinyard.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ezekiel 33 For This Useful Post:

Romans828 (09-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel 33 View Post
    It was before my time, but I fell in love with the music after I was saved. Still use some of it today.

One of the favorites at our church is I see the Lord . I believe that was originally Vinyard.

A far cry from what we see today. I had this and most of that era in my collection. Music sure has moved on from this.

Blog Entries
    90% of what Lindell played at the Brownsville revival was Vineyard. I have a ton of their CDs from back then. I think Lindell really made them more popular than they were for that period of time.

I went to a BRSM/FIRE reunion last week and then the Light The Fire Again conference in Pensacola starting the next night and Lindell led worship the first night. Right before the preaching he did "The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord/Our God Is An Awesome God" combo like he always did at the revival before Steve Hill came up. Just like old times.

90% of what Lindell played at the Brownsville revival was Vineyard. I have a ton of their CDs from back then. I think Lindell really made them more popular than they were for that period of time.

I went to a BRSM/FIRE reunion last week and then the Light The Fire Again conference in Pensacola starting the next night and Lindell led worship the first night. Right before the preaching he did "The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord/Our God Is An Awesome God" combo like he always did at the revival before Steve Hill came up. Just like old times.
    Oh man the memories at just the mention of that song. I really dont expect to see or experience anything on that level of presence, power and glory like that until Heaven. Wow

Pastor Jarrid Wilson died hours after officiating funeral of suicide victim

https://nypost.com/2019/09/12/pastor...uicide-victim/

Blog Entries

I have a friend who sings on his team in Nashville when she’s not on the road. Every once in a while I watch a clip she will post and surprisingly, he still has a little gospel flare. I’ve seen them break out with old Andre crouch and Edwin Hawkins music too. Was kind of surprised. The church has maintained a semblance of Pentecost in an era where that is not too popular anymore.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pentecali For This Useful Post:

sojourner (09-14-2019)