Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: Benny Hinn Is Rejecting the Prosperity Gospel: ‘I’m Correcting My Theology’

  1. #61
    When I was at Rhema in 1984 Kenneth Hagin told us that he used to teach the hundredfold return until God corrected him on it. The passage isn't talking about money. It's talking about the family of God being multiplied back to you in this life ... houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields ... He talked about this in his book The Midas Touch.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jew and Greek For This Useful Post:

    Ezekiel 33 (09-17-2019)

  3. #62
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,026
    Thanked: 4495
    Quote Originally Posted by Jew and Greek View Post
    When I was at Rhema in 1984 Kenneth Hagin told us that he used to teach the hundredfold return until God corrected him on it. The passage isn't talking about money. It's talking about the family of God being multiplied back to you in this life ... houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields ... He talked about this in his book The Midas Touch.
    The same term is used here :

    Mat 13:8 But others fell on good ground and yielded a crop: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

    The numbers represent the maximum yield that the Jews expected on different types of crops. On one type 100 times the seed sown would be fantastic, on an other type 30 would be. So a hundredfold return when used outside of an agricultural context isn't meant to be taken literally rather it represents a fantastically good result.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    Ezekiel 33 (09-17-2019)

  5. #63
    Administrator fuego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    8,747
    Thanked: 6801
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    The same term is used here :

    Mat 13:8 But others fell on good ground and yielded a crop: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

    The numbers represent the maximum yield that the Jews expected on different types of crops. On one type 100 times the seed sown would be fantastic, on an other type 30 would be. So a hundredfold return when used outside of an agricultural context isn't meant to be taken literally rather it represents a fantastically good result.
    In other words 100 fold means maximum yield for that particular crop, land, etc

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

    Ezekiel 33 (09-17-2019)

  7. #64
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,026
    Thanked: 4495
    Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    In other words 100 fold means maximum yield for that particular crop, land, etc
    Crop yields varied a lot more than they do today. Also compare to this verse :

    Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you: a good measure - pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom.

    That's a description of a good measure given a certain size of container. That's Gods kind of measure and very different to when they used false weights and measures, gave you low quality goods, didn't fill up the container properly etc. Quality control was very different to the certification standards of today.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    Ezekiel 33 (09-17-2019)

  9. #65
    Administrator fuego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    8,747
    Thanked: 6801
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    Crop yields varied a lot more than they do today. Also compare to this verse :

    Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you: a good measure - pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom.

    That's a description of a good measure given a certain size of container. That's Gods kind of measure and very different to when they used false weights and measures, gave you low quality goods, didn't fill up the container properly etc. Quality control was very different to the certification standards of today.
    Let's say a job or business endeavor is our 'field'. 100 fold would be maximum return for that field. If you want a larger harvest, then you have to increase the size of your field.

    For instance, there is nothing wrong with working at McDonald's, but that field will only yield so much harvest. You can be blessed 100 fold at McDonald's, but it's such a small field that the harvest still isn't going to be great. I mean what would maximum harvest be at McDonald's? At most a manager position, which I assume is the highest pay. But the point is, as long as you work at McDonald's you can only have so much harvest, or money.

    So, I need to increase the size of my field. An example of an unlimited filed may be a certain type of sales job, or investing in or actively trading stocks or commodities, etc. That is a much bigger field for God to give a 100 fold return to. So as we give generously, use our faith for finances, etc, we have to take into consideration the field we are laboring in. We might need to change fields, or at least add other fields where a 100 fold yield would be a much greater harvest.

  10. #66
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,026
    Thanked: 4495
    Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Let's say a job or business endeavor is our 'field'. 100 fold would be maximum return for that field. If you want a larger harvest, then you have to increase the size of your field.

    For instance, there is nothing wrong with working at McDonald's, but that field will only yield so much harvest. You can be blessed 100 fold at McDonald's, but it's such a small field that the harvest still isn't going to be great. I mean what would maximum harvest be at McDonald's? At most a manager position, which I assume is the highest pay. But the point is, as long as you work at McDonald's you can only have so much harvest, or money.

    So, I need to increase the size of my field. An example of an unlimited filed may be a certain type of sales job, or investing in or actively trading stocks or commodities, etc. That is a much bigger field for God to give a 100 fold return to. So as we give generously, use our faith for finances, etc, we have to take into consideration the field we are laboring in. We might need to change fields, or at least add other fields where a 100 fold yield would be a much greater harvest.
    But is the term hundredfold ever used in a context that definitely relates finances ?

  11. #67
    I’d like the hundredfold anointing

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

    fuego (09-17-2019)

  13. #68
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,026
    Thanked: 4495
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    I’d like the hundredfold anointing
    I'd like to do greater works than Jesus.

  14. #69
    Listened to Bneny Hin being interviewed yesterday ..

    As suspected he believes in prosperity he just doesnt want to call it prosperity anymore .. he now prefers to call it the blessing

    He claims he was often pressured to teach along the lines he did



    Personally I have never understood why Christians go to war with each other over semantics and minor differences in practice !

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to BAP For This Useful Post:

    FireBrand (09-17-2019)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Has your Honda Civic warranty expired? Get a fast online quote from CarWarrantyUS today. Enjoy the open road and leave the repairs to us.