Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Todd Bentley...

Patricia King is absolutely solid in her response. Y’all must watch this.
    Todd came out of her ministry.
    I found Rick Joyner to be rambling and defensive.

https://m.facebook.com/story/graphql...MTAwNTc4Mzk%3D

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to A.J. For This Useful Post:

Colonel (08-29-2019), Ezekiel 33 (08-30-2019), FireBrand (08-29-2019), LionHeart (08-29-2019), sojourner (08-30-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post

Watching...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

A.J. (08-29-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post

From about 17:30 she's pretty clear about what she thinks of his "restoration" in 2008-9, that it didn't involve any kind of repentance - just the continuance of an adulterous affair.

She has all the reports including from recently and she describes the culture of "Fresh Fire ministries USA" which Todd Bentley leads as one that has corrupted a lot of interns that started out as godly. The whole thing sounds like a total mess.

In general I like her approach, based on the reports that she presents. She's no less severe about the matter than I think she ought to be. Which includes comparing the whole thing to the situation described in 1 Cor 5.

For the "gifts operating irrevocably" believers : Patricia King talks about how his ministry was originally one of having an authentic anointing and an authentic gifting. But she uses the term "had" - past tense - when referring to those two things. From about 5:35

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

A.J. (08-29-2019), Ezekiel 33 (08-30-2019)

Blog Entries
    I watched her video earlier today and thought she handled it well. Her words were carefully chosen, she showed a lot of grace and humility. Very different from my background lol. He would have been kicked to the curb in 2008. It's interesting to see how different movements handle these situations.

Personally, I'm a little disappointed in Rev Joyner. IMO he is either in denial or his stress levels are at a point where he doesn't want to deal with it. It could be that he has to face admitting that his decision to release him back to ministry was not wise or fruitful.

Last thing. In my experience of being around ministry, i have seen many cases where leadership stays silent because it could open a can of worms regarding things in their own lives. I am not saying this is the case here but I have seen it A LOT.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pentecali For This Useful Post:

A.J. (08-30-2019), curly sue (08-30-2019), Ezekiel 33 (08-30-2019), FaithfulOne (08-31-2019), Romans828 (08-31-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Pentecali View Post
    I watched her video earlier today and thought she handled it well. Her words were carefully chosen, she showed a lot of grace and humility. Very different from my background lol. He would have been kicked to the curb in 2008. It’s interesting to see how different movements handle these situations.

Personally, I’m a little disappointed in Rev Joyner. IMO he is either in denial or his stress levels are at a point where he doesn’t want to deal with it. It could be that he has to face admitting that his decision to release him back to ministry was not wise or fruitful.

Last thing. In my experience of being around ministry, i have seen many cases where leadership stays silent because it could open a can of worms regarding things in their own lives. I am not saying this is the case here but I have seen it A LOT.
    In the video she claims that Rick Joyner told her that he was going to investigate the reports. So he asks a friend of Todd Bentley to do so and he reports back that "it's all old stuff, exaggerations, lies". She discovers that several of the people in the reports haven't been asked. Someone asks Todd Bentley's friend about who he talked to and he says "to noone". She sends this information to Rick Joyner and still, weeks later, noone has talked to the people in the reports. So far Rick Joyner's investigation amounts to "Is it true, Todd ? Todd : not really"

It seems likely that Todd Bentley's friend doesn't dare do anything, for whatever reason. What about Rick Joyner ? He's not part of Fresh Fire ministries so it seems less likely that he's motivated by fear. In the video Patricia King said that "Todd's anointing grew to where it was stronger than mine" (whatever that is supposed to mean) and then he wouldn't let her attempt to correct him any longer. But he let people like Rick Joyner and Bill Johnson attempt to do so. Todd Bentley sounds like he has become a very authorative leader so that could be part of the fear equation. Sounds very much like "touch not God's anointed".

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (08-30-2019)

Regarding Todd Bentley's "restoration" in 2008-9. One of the things that saved him back then was that he claimed that he didn't commit adultery with Jessa while he was still married to his first wife. According to Patricia King that was not the case and he merely continued his adulterous affair while attending to the formalities of divorcing his wife and marrying his mistress. Given that this information is true, his "restoration" must have amounted to nothing more than saying he was sorry then returning to ministry after an obligatory timeout.

From the information given, Todd Bentley seems like a notorious liar who does exactly what he needs to do in order to keep things going so that he can do both, live in sin and stay in ministry. One would think that by now things have gotten too out of hand for this to continue but that may not be the case. Ask Rick Joyner.

Where is "Elijah" in all of this, by the way ? It's just a thought. (long time posters will understand what I'm saying)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (08-30-2019), FaithfulOne (08-31-2019)

Blog Entries
    TB is the lightning rod but this goes much deeper. Even if TB stops ministering the major problems of the current prophetic movement is not being addressed

The prophetic movement gave rise to TB and empowered him but it has become a mess in many places.

Yes TB needs major correction but the blame must go to many of the leaders who have weak discernment and allow all sorts of baloney in the name of the prophetic.

So much dross, carnality, nonsense prophecies, Christian astrology, merchandising and yet multitudes hang on every word of many of these leaders.

Many of them need to stop prophesying, stop merchandising, close their websites and get back to simplicity in Christ.
    Many of their accountability team are not real scriptural elders as Paul laid down but novices and gullible so they allow a lot of mixture instead of removing hype and flesh as much as possible.

My rant

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

A.J. (08-30-2019), curly sue (08-30-2019), Ezekiel 33 (08-30-2019), FaithfulOne (08-31-2019), Romans828 (08-31-2019), Smitty (09-01-2019)

Simplicity in Christ has been lost somewhere along the way for those folks.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to curly sue For This Useful Post:

A.J. (08-30-2019), Ezekiel 33 (08-30-2019), FaithfulOne (08-31-2019), FireBrand (08-30-2019), John (08-30-2019), Smitty (09-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by curly sue View Post
    Simplicity in Christ has been lost somewhere along the way for those folks.
    Some never had simplicity.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

A.J. (08-30-2019), curly sue (08-30-2019), Ezekiel 33 (08-30-2019), Pentecali (08-31-2019), Smitty (09-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    Ministers like this don't want to find a job - because believers are still sending them lots of money to 'minister'. They don't want to give up easy money and travel the world
    Cardinal Twinkles, I seem to recall maybe in 2008 you saying something to the effect that people like TB need to find a job flipping burgers instead of wanting to be back in ministry...am I rite?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to FaithfulOne For This Useful Post:

Cardinal TT (08-31-2019)