Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Todd Bentley...

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    When did Benny fall? Seriously. I didn't know he 'fell'. I thought he just diminished in popularity.
    In addition to the fall there was all the craziness, especially in the nineties. The loss of popularity follows much later, as is often the case with established "institutions" of various kinds. But he still holds large meetings in third world countries.

I don't know how large the following meeting from 2017 was but there seems to be lots going on :

Last edited by Colonel; 09-04-2019 at 06:34 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (09-05-2019)

Don't know if any of you saw this posted by anyone else on FB....

Patricia King
    16 hrs ·

IMPORTANT STATEMENT
    Today, Dr. Michael Brown has posted a statement informing the Body of his position to lead the "Tribunal" who will review and investigate the alleged allegations concerning Todd Bentley and also review the process. (see statement posted below)

All are being asked to remove posts concerning this issue. I have complied and will continue to do so during this investigation. I invite you to do the same.

Thank you for your prayers. I believe with great hope for a God-ordained outcome.
    Patricia king

Official Statement Concerning Allegations Against Todd Bentley

by Dr. Michael Brown

Dear friends in the Body of Christ,

Last month, a long list of serious charges against evangelist Todd Bentley was posted online, leading to a firestorm of controversy and confusion. In turn, this has unleashed a wave of gossip, slander, and innuendo against others in the family of God. Along with this, many are asking the question: Is there any accountability in the Church?

In response to this, I have been tasked by a number of senior leaders in the Body to assemble a group of trusted and respected men of God who will review the charges against Todd and make a determination, in accordance with 1 Corinthians 6. While we do not have judicial authority over Todd’s ministry, we do have the support of a wide range of leaders in the Body, who will be stating in advance that they will back the decision of the panel. It is our hope that this will set an example of a righteous way to handle disputes and accusations such as these for others in the Church, especially in non-denominational circles where it is often more difficult to establish patterns of accountability.

We will be working with an investigator who will help us vet ALL charges. The panel of leaders will then review the evidence and make a determination of guilt or innocence in accordance with the facts presented. Based on that determination, conclusions will be made in terms of how the charges against Todd have been handled, whether he should be in ministry, and whether others are guilty of falsely accusing him or misrepresenting the facts.

While we are deeply grieved that this has become a public spectacle being played out online for the entire world to see, we believe that God will use all this for His glory and the good of His people. The reputation of Jesus before the Church and the world is at stake, and it is imperative that we follow a godly, biblical process in order to set things right.

It is out of jealousy for the Lord’s honor and the health of the Body that I urge every leader who has posted videos or blogs – etc., etc. – about Todd’s situation, either accusing him or defending him or simply airing an opinion, to remove all such material while we give ourselves to this process. Right now, gossip and slander and accusation are flying in every direction, defiling many. In the fear of the Lord, I appeal to my colleagues in Jesus to be circumspect and prayerful, not giving room to the adversary of our souls.

While it is wrong and ungodly to sweep things under the rug, it is also wrong and ungodly to turn serious accusations into an internet show. Following God’s order will result in compassionate and righteous outcomes rather than chaos, pain, and confusion.

Please pray for the leaders who will be involved in this sacred process, as well as for God’s best for Todd Bentley and those against whom he allegedly sinned. (We will be releasing the names of the leaders involved in this procedure shortly.)

May the Lord’s will be done, for His glory and for our good, and may healing, righteousness, and honor be restored to His Church.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A.J. For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (09-05-2019), FireBrand (09-05-2019), Smitty (09-05-2019)

...and this, from Loren Sandford:

R Loren Sandford
    17 hrs ·

Dr. Michael Brown, whom I deeply respect and honor, has published a letter to the body of Christ stating that a group of prominent leaders is being convened to look into the recent allegations made public against Todd Bentley and make a determination as to whether they are true. I stand fully in support of this.

That being said, I nevertheless stand by my previous posts and statements. None of this would have become an issue if Todd had never been restored to public ministry in the first place - and in terms of clear biblical standards for leaders, he should not have been.

Dr. Brown points out that the allegations were published on the internet and he questions the propriety of that action by the one who did it. This is a valid question. I won't speak into the issue of why the one who published the allegations felt he had to do so, but I will say that his action has brought about this investigation by a panel of leaders that would likely not have come about had these allegations not been made public.

Out of respect for the panel that Dr. Brown has said is coming together to investigate, I will now fall silent on this issue and will issue no further statements or responses. I would also request that this post not generate further discussion, but rather that we would all pray for the panel, for Todd, for the body of Christ and for the outcome of it all.

I will delete any responses to this post that don't look and sound like prayer. It all needs to stop now for a while.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A.J. For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (09-05-2019), Smitty (09-05-2019)

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    Could somebody please define "anointing" ? I find it confusing and the corresponding term in Norwegian isn't used much.
    The anointing is the power of God flowing through a man.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

The truth is always anointed, Christ and Him crucified, the vessel (man) is just that, a conduit of the power.

I've never bought into TBs ministry, he shared too much glory with angels and stories of himself, "third level prophetic experiences" and other such nonsense. I don't care what is going on in a meeting, if the focus is not Christ and Him crucified it's not wise to be there.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

A.J. (09-05-2019), curly sue (09-06-2019), Ezekiel 33 (09-05-2019), FireBrand (09-05-2019), HEAVEN (09-05-2019), Smitty (09-05-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    The anointing is the power of God flowing through a man.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

The truth is always anointed, Christ and Him crucified, the vessel (man) is just that, a conduit of the power.

I've never bought into TBs ministry, he shared too much glory with angels and stories of himself, "third level prophetic experiences" and other such nonsense.
    When TLR brings a new believer out on the street and has them pray for the sick and the sick are healed from major diseases, does that make the new believer correspondingly anointed ?

When TLR brings a new believer out on the street and has them pray for the sick and the sick are healed from major diseases, does that make the new believer correspondingly anointed ?
    The truth is always anointed. The very rocks can cry it out.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

A.J. (09-05-2019), Ezekiel 33 (09-05-2019), FireBrand (09-05-2019)

The truth is always anointed. The very rocks can cry it out.
    But what is the difference between that and someone being (I assume in general) "anointed" ?

But what is the difference between that and someone being (I assume in general) "anointed" ?
    I won't play along with your "what ifs", you asked a question but you don't want an answer, but just in case anyone else is reading along, the anointing isn't about the man , it's all about what comes out of a man. All believers are anointed.

From the man who carried a pretty strong "anointing":

1 Corinthians 2:2 For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

Park on that for awhile.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

A.J. (09-05-2019), Ezekiel 33 (09-05-2019)

I won't play along with your "what ifs", you asked a question but you don't want an answer, but just in case anyone else is reading along, the anointing isn't about the man , it's all about what comes out of a man. All believers are anointed.

From the man who carried a pretty strong "anointing":

1 Corinthians 2:2 For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

Park on that for awhile.
    Don't be so hostile just because I asked a followup question. I'll assume that that means that Paul had a stronger anointing than the average believer had. In what sense ? Is that based on the size of his task as given to him by God ? By the scale or volume of the miracles that he worked ?

Don't be so hostile just because I asked a followup question. I'll assume that that means that Paul had a stronger anointing than the average believer had. In what sense ? Is that based on the size of his task as given to him by God ? By the scale or volume of the miracles that he worked ?
    You're thinking too much.