Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: William Branham and FF Bosworth

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    2 seed baptist??
    As opposed to a 1 seed baptist. Come on, what's wrong with you?

Blog Entries
    2 seed baptist??
    Yes sir. It was taught that you were either born of righteousness seed or of Cain’s seed (serpent). If you were born of the serpent’s seed, you could not be redeemed.

I know this sounds wild, but they believe the trees in the garden and the fruit were symbols of sex and sexual beings. Not a literal apple etc. They believe that Satan was a being that could defile the human race with his seed before he was cursed in the garden. They believe where the scripture says Eve was “beguiled” by Satan, that means they had intercourse.
    Obviously they believe that fallen angels also defiled the DNA bloodlines thus the flood and also God (OT) commanding them to kill every man, woman, boy & girl in certain wars.

It’s been a while since I have been around any of them. Many of them moved from LA to AZ to escape the wrath which was to come prophesied by Branham. The messengers built “Branham Tabernacle” there. Some of my older relatives attended his healing meetings. We use to spend holidays and talk for hours. They had some very STRANGE TEACHINGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentecali View Post
    Yes sir. It was taught that you were either born of righteousness seed or of Cain’s seed (serpent). If you were born of the serpent’s seed, you could not be redeemed.

I know this sounds wild, but they believe the trees in the garden and the fruit were symbols of sex and sexual beings. Not a literal apple etc. They believe that Satan was a being that could defile the human race with his seed before he was cursed in the garden. They believe where the scripture says Eve was “beguiled” by Satan, that means they had intercourse.
    Obviously they believe that fallen angels also defiled the DNA bloodlines thus the flood and also God (OT) commanding them to kill every man, woman, boy & girl in certain wars.

It’s been a while since I have been around any of them. Many of them moved from LA to AZ to escape the wrath which was to come prophesied by Branham. The messengers built “Branham Tabernacle” there. Some of my older relatives attended his healing meetings. We use to spend holidays and talk for hours. They had some very STRANGE TEACHINGS.
    I never bothered to look into just what the ites believed. Totally bizarre stuff. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    I never bothered to look into just what the ites believed. Totally bizarre stuff. Thanks.
    HAHAHAHA

That sounds similar to the belief held by several posters here (past and present) that salvation history is mainly about God combatting the defiling of the human bloodline that fallen angels introduced through giants in the OT, or else Jesus would have a contaminated blood line. Since this runs concurrently with the real salvation history message where it's the committing of sin and the sin nature that everyone has that is being combatted, I find it to be a grievous error. One that muddies the waters and brings attention away from the real problem that humanity has and has always had since the garden of Eden.
    Last edited by Colonel; 08-31-2019 at 07:57 AM.

That part of it sounds like a form of Calvinism, with an explanation for "the nonelect". Calvinistic thinking seems to permeate beliefs held by American Christians in many ways.

Blog Entries
    We all know sex was created by God and in its right place of marriage is holy

But if you trace cults and even Christian leaders who go astray you find many times that sex gets mixed up in the wacky doctrines.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post

But if you trace cults and even Christian leaders who go astray you find many times that sex gets mixed up in the wacky doctrines.
    A strong identifier of cults is the way the treat women and almost always relates to sex acts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post

In Islam they have a tendency to blame every sexual temptation and sin on women. If a woman gets raped then it was probably her fault or possibly both's fault. If she doesn't cover up to the standard imposed by men (which varies) then it's her fault if some man feels tempted by her looks. I think it stems or at least depends upon a similar interpretation of the account of the garden of Eden.

A strong identifier of cults is the way the treat women and almost always relates to sex acts.
    Similarly, in Islam they might hold to strict standards relating to sex being kept solely within marriage and then do literally whatever within that marriage, in terms of sex acts. Not as a matter of relaxing their standards but it's rather what they believe that they could as well be doing. The husband might be the dominating force in this but not necessarily.