Thread: Rick Renner On The Baptism and Tongues

Rick Renner On The Baptism and Tongues

Found this uplifting and informative. I especially liked his point at the 7:30 mark. Good stuff.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (08-19-2019), GodismyJudge (08-17-2019), Smitty (08-17-2019)

Blog Entries
    Good video for answering those common questions

I like that point too of the video you pointed out. One part of that point Renner said, "I really believe the amount of revelation he (Paul) had correlated to how much he spoke in tongues." It's absolutely connected. The main fruit of speaking in tongues is revelation and spiritual understanding.

Love this one too: "Don't I have to wait for a feeling to come on me (to speak in tongues)?" "Well that wouldn't be true in any language. Do you have to feel something to speak in English? Or speak in your tongue?" That's a good one! I use a form of it. But that's a really good way of putting it.

But I want to address something that I would have answered differently, or at least added to the answer he gave, just to make it clearer or clarify.

He said he received the baptism in the Holy Spirit when I think his aunt laid hands on him, but said he didn't speak in tongues until later. Actually, he did have the ability to speak right then, he just didn't yield to them until much later.

I like to explain it like this when teaching it. All of us here that speak in tongues know we can yield any time we want. We don't have to wait for a special unction, the 'glory ball' to hit us or whatever. We can wake out of a dead sleep at 2am and immediately start speaking in tongues if we want. We are the ones that will it. We yield whenever we want to (I will pray with the spirit, I will pray with the understanding 1 Cor. 14:15. It's just as much our own will to pray in the spirit as it is our will to pray in our native language). That being the case, if one is truly baptized in the Holy Spirit, the the tongues are available right then, they can be yielded to at that moment. So if Rick was truly baptized in the Holy Spirit at that moment, he had the ability to go ahead and speak then. But like many cases, he didn't realize that (because he wasn't taught that before he was prayed for) and so didn't yield at that moment. He could have been speaking the whole time if he'd truly been baptized in the Holy Spirit.

Also, I've talked to many people who didn't speak in tongues when first prayed for, but did later, and they admitted once they did learn how to yield, that they could have been speaking in tongues that whole time.

One more point (I like to cover all the bases when talking about this ). Even with explaining this, there may be a few that still won't speak immediately. If that is the case, then I tell them to keep believing God, and it could happen anywhere. But I DON'T tell them this before I pray for them because then some will automatically think it's them that won't speak immediately and get it later. So I don't plant that seed in them before I pray for them. You wait until after in order to encourage them to keep believing if they don't speak when they're prayed for. But as I previously said, they could have. They just didn't yield and speak for whatever reason.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (08-19-2019), FireBrand (08-19-2019), victoryword (08-19-2019)

Sometimes God uses me prophetically to get some hungry people filled. I used to watch Brother Hagin do this at Camp meetings years ago and here I am acting out in similar fashion years later. I just delivered a corporate prophecy to the congregation on the microphone. The Pastor took the microphone back from me and said, "do you have anything else from the Lord?" I turned toward the congregation and towards the rear of the building was a very tall muscular guy. I told the Pastor I needed to pray for him. As he was brought forward I knew exactly what to do and to do it quickly. I asked him if he knew about being Spirit filled and did he want that ? He was being hesitant at this point and I heard his inward thoughts saying," I am really not worthy of this" and he was trying to say something.I just cut him off and told him I was going count to three and touch him with one hand on the stomach and he would start speaking in tongues. So I counted,1,2,3, and did just that. He started talking pretty good in tongues immediately. This all happened in less than three minutes. God moves suddenly sometimes and it's great when we move with Him..Like Brother Hagin I love the prophetic ministry and the results you get when God does it.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LionHeart For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (08-19-2019), fuego (08-18-2019), victoryword (08-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post

I like that point too of the video you pointed out. One part of that point Renner said, "I really believe the amount of revelation he (Paul) had correlated to how much he spoke in tongues." It's absolutely connected. The main fruit of speaking in tongues is revelation and spiritual understanding.

Love this one too: "Don't I have to wait for a feeling to come on me (to speak in tongues)?" "Well that wouldn't be true in any language. Do you have to feel something to speak in English? Or speak in your tongue?" That's a good one! I use a form of it. But that's a really good way of putting it.

But I want to address something that I would have answered differently, or at least added to the answer he gave, just to make it clearer or clarify.

He said he received the baptism in the Holy Spirit when I think his aunt laid hands on him, but said he didn't speak in tongues until later. Actually, he did have the ability to speak right then, he just didn't yield to them until much later.

I like to explain it like this when teaching it. All of us here that speak in tongues know we can yield any time we want. We don't have to wait for a special unction, the 'glory ball' to hit us or whatever. We can wake out of a dead sleep at 2am and immediately start speaking in tongues if we want. We are the ones that will it. We yield whenever we want to (I will pray with the spirit, I will pray with the understanding 1 Cor. 14:15. It's just as much our own will to pray in the spirit as it is our will to pray in our native language). That being the case, if one is truly baptized in the Holy Spirit, the the tongues are available right then, they can be yielded to at that moment. So if Rick was truly baptized in the Holy Spirit at that moment, he had the ability to go ahead and speak then. But like many cases, he didn't realize that (because he wasn't taught that before he was prayed for) and so didn't yield at that moment. He could have been speaking the whole time if he'd truly been baptized in the Holy Spirit.

Also, I've talked to many people who didn't speak in tongues when first prayed for, but did later, and they admitted once they did learn how to yield, that they could have been speaking in tongues that whole time.

One more point (I like to cover all the bases when talking about this ). Even with explaining this, there may be a few that still won't speak immediately. If that is the case, then I tell them to keep believing God, and it could happen anywhere. But I DON'T tell them this before I pray for them because then some will automatically think it's them that won't speak immediately and get it later. So I don't plant that seed in them before I pray for them. You wait until after in order to encourage them to keep believing if they don't speak when they're prayed for. But as I previously said, they could have. They just didn't yield and speak for whatever reason.
    Yeah buddy! Yesterday after service they called me into the sanctuary because one of the associate pastor's wife wants to receive the HS Baptism. She told me that she comes from a Reformed background. I told her that they could pick a time, after service or any night this week and we would sit down and go through the Word of God and His truth will tear down every stronghold, and then she will receive. I didn't pray for her right then and there because she has been seeking for a long time and doesn't need any more discouragement. They want to meet Thursday evening and I told her she will receive after we go through the Bible and destroy all the wrong teachings that are holding her back.

This is what I love to do. Thanks Fuego for getting me started on this a few years back!!! You rock brother!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ezekiel 33 For This Useful Post:

FireBrand (08-19-2019), fuego (08-19-2019), victoryword (08-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post

Everything you pointed out here was the experience and revelation I received after the yielding. I knew I was baptized in the Holy Spirit but did not yet speak in tongues. This was within a few months after the incredible experience. When John the Baptist said “He will baptize you...”, that is exactly what happened after the 3rd day of getting saved. Jesus came to me in the middle of the night and BOOM, I got all of it. Problem was, our doctrines didnt teach that so I was told because I didnt speak in tongues I just had an experience. Finally, when no one was pestering me to get the Baptism (that I already had) I released the tongues and away I went. In our denomination there has been much shutting down and grieving of the Spirit, it’s amazing anyone wants more of the things of the Spirit. By the way, this is how I have been teaching the subject. Continually I tell them to JUST YIELD.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (08-19-2019), fuego (08-19-2019), LionHeart (08-19-2019), victoryword (08-19-2019)