Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: No Judgement Zones...

  1. #1
    Frozen Chozen Admin A.J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    4,805
    Thanked: 3120

    No Judgement Zones...

    No Judgement Zones: The Latest Way a Wicked Culture Has Duped the Church
    By John Burton

    https://www.charismanews.com/opinion...FjG4i3jsi-a2AA

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A.J. For This Useful Post:

    curly sue (08-12-2019), Romans828 (08-13-2019)

  3. #2
    interesting read.

    It's one thing for a pastor to give a "hellfire and brimstone" message and individual folks banging on each other.

    I'm not sure what the balance is.

  4. #3
    Administrator fuego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    8,559
    Thanked: 6595
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    No Judgement Zones: The Latest Way a Wicked Culture Has Duped the Church
    By John Burton

    https://www.charismanews.com/opinion...FjG4i3jsi-a2AA
    And this is one of the reasons I said I wasn't surprised at the Hillsong person renouncing Christ and saying more was to come. Of course I was labeled 'being negative' for that.

  5. #4
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    11,846
    Thanked: 4400
    Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    And this is one of the reasons I said I wasn't surprised at the Hillsong person renouncing Christ and saying more was to come. Of course I was labeled 'being negative' for that.
    You said "more and more".

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Of course I was labeled 'being negative' for that.
    The cleansing of God’s house should not be regarded as a negative. When Jesus overturned tables, though it shocked and embarrassed many, there needed to be a return to holiness and zeal in their love for God.

    Sign me up as a “negative”.

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

    curly sue (08-13-2019), FaithfulOne (08-14-2019), Muriel (08-13-2019), Romans828 (08-13-2019)

  8. #6
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    11,846
    Thanked: 4400
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    The cleansing of God’s house should not be regarded as a negative.
    I agree on that. Maybe it will result in things getting better if we disregard the hypocrites that are coming out of the closet (not that I know exactly who those are) ?

    worse and worse and worse and worse

    That sounds more like the devil.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FireBrand (08-13-2019)

  10. #7
    Administrator fuego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    8,559
    Thanked: 6595
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    You said "more and more".
    I'll include here something you said in reply on the other thread:

    You don't know if the "great falling away" happens now or a hundred years from now...
    EXACTLY. So if it's now, it'll be more and more, and if it's the future it'll be more and more because it's headed toward it. So there's nothing 'sounds more like the devil' about it. It's just the reality of the situation, AND supported by scripture.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

    curly sue (08-14-2019), FireBrand (08-13-2019)

  12. #8
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    11,846
    Thanked: 4400
    Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    I'll include here something you said in reply on the other thread:


    EXACTLY. So if it's now, it'll be more and more, and if it's the future it'll be more and more because it's headed toward it. So there's nothing 'sounds more like the devil' about it. It's just the reality of the situation, AND supported by scripture.
    There's a mention of a "falling away" before the Antichrist emerges but there's little information about exactly what that means. If that happens in the future and not within a few years or decades then things may get much better in the meantime. Bible oriented Christians have always been too quick to interpret contemporary phenomena in terms of end times scenarios. Including World War I which was seen as a sure sign of the imminent return of Christ. Same thing with the cold war, Kathryn Kuhlman spent a whole meeting in 1975 talking about how recent events involving the Soviet Union should be interpreted in terms of the end times. And it was all bogus.

    Regarding the state of the American church which may be very different to the state of the church in many other parts of the world. Let's say that two hundred million people in the US have been in the habit of going to church several times a month during the last 50 years and that half of those have left or are leaving. Or have come out of the closet as total hypocrites. God doesn't care much about appearances so to him this may not matter that much when he assesses the state of the American church. A "great falling away" may have taken place a long time ago in the hearts and minds and secret lives of many of these church goers and that is the timing that God, who knows all things, sees.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FaithfulOne (08-14-2019)

  14. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    There's a mention of a "falling away" before the Antichrist emerges but there's little information about exactly what that means. If that happens in the future and not within a few years or decades then things may get much better in the meantime. Bible oriented Christians have always been too quick to interpret contemporary phenomena in terms of end times scenarios. Including World War I which was seen as a sure sign of the imminent return of Christ. Same thing with the cold war, Kathryn Kuhlman spent a whole meeting in 1975 talking about how recent events involving the Soviet Union should be interpreted in terms of the end times. And it was all bogus.

    Regarding the state of the American church which may be very different to the state of the church in many other parts of the world. Let's say that two hundred million people in the US have been in the habit of going to church several times a month during the last 50 years and that half of those have left or are leaving. Or have come out of the closet as total hypocrites. God doesn't care much about appearances so to him this may not matter that much when he assesses the state of the American church. A "great falling away" may have taken place a long time ago in the hearts and minds and secret lives of many of these church goers and that is the timing that God, who knows all things, sees.

    Right. There is a tendency to look at the state of the world thru our own particular country- of-origin lens, while God obviously sees the bigger picture.

  15. #10
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    11,846
    Thanked: 4400
    Quote Originally Posted by FaithfulOne View Post
    Right. There is a tendency to look at the state of the world thru our own particular country- of-origin lens, while God obviously sees the bigger picture.
    Or through the lens of what is readily apparent instead of what is actually going on.

    Maybe my country has had this "great falling away" already long ago. Maybe some other part of the world is totally different. End time scenarios aren't dictated by the state of the American church alone.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FaithfulOne (08-15-2019)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Be prepared for breakdowns with an extended service plan for your Honda. Many vehicle repairs can cost thousands of dollars in unexpected expense, now may be the time to consider an extended service plan for your vehicle.