Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Highly Popular Hillsong Songwriter Renounces Faith

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by victoryword View Post
    I think many of you will find the article below refreshing:

Skillet's Lead Singer Gives Christians a Reality Check After Faith Influencers Publicly Abandon the Faith
    https://www.redstate.com/brandon_mor...abandon-faith/

One of things he says is:

My conclusion for the church(all of us Christians): We must STOP making worship leaders and thought leaders or influencers or cool people or "relevant" people the most influential people in Christendom. (And yes that includes people like me!) I've been saying for 20 years(and seemed probably quite judgmental to some of my peers) that we are in a dangerous place when the church is looking to 20 year old worship singers as our source of truth. We now have a church culture that learns who God is from singing modern praise songs rather than from the teachings of the Word. I'm not being rude to my worship leader friends (many who would agree with me) in saying that singers and musicians are good at communicating emotion and feeling. We create a moment and a vehicle for God to speak. However, singers are not always the best people to write solid bible truth and doctrine. Sometimes we are too young, too ignorant of scripture, too unaware, or too unconcerned about the purity of scripture and the holiness of the God we are singing to. Have you ever considered the disrespect of singing songs to God that are untrue of His character?
    Bingo.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

victoryword (08-19-2019)

I found the origiinal post and reposted it too.
    I don't know this guy, but that article is spot on

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ezekiel 33 For This Useful Post:

FireBrand (08-19-2019), fuego (08-19-2019)