Thread: Expedition Unknown "Mysteries of the Dead Sea Scrolls" Discovery Channel

Blog Entries

Expedition Unknown "Mysteries of the Dead Sea Scrolls" Discovery Channel

This was really interesting tonight and part 2 next week. Worth a watch. Wednesdays at 9:00 PM. It replays at midnight tonight EST. Probably other times during the week too. 1st episode of a new season.

Blog Entries
    And a follow up program talking to the archeologists at 11pm EST as I am writing this. This follow up program repeats at 2am.

Blog Entries
    I thought this was interesting. They kept saying BCE instead of BC. So I looked it up and it stands for 'Before Common Era'. Well immediately I knew why it was changed but looked it up anyway to see what the internet would say about it. They agreed with my initial thought:

The simplest reason for using BCE/CE as opposed to AD/BC is to avoid reference to Christianity and, in particular, to avoid naming Christ as Lord (BC/AD: Before Christ/In the year of our Lord). Wikipedia, Anno Domini article: ... Common Era notation is used in many schools and academic settings.Jul 6, 2011

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (08-09-2019)

Blog Entries
    I noticed this a few years ago how they changed historical dating to not mention the name of Christ

So I gave it my own interpretation

BCE - Before Christian Era
    CE - Christian Era

By secularizing it they no longer need to argue with Muslims who have their own system.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (08-09-2019)