Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: heresy hunter stuff

heresy hunter stuff

I need a little help. I have a couple young friends who have gone deep into heresy hunter "teaching." One has led the other... the one is continually posting stuff about alllll the NAR associated organizations and tearing apart modern worship... no one is safe, not even Billy Graham...

I need to direct her into ministries that are rock solid but nothing she can accuse them of being NAR.

Is there even such a thing? I don't know how to reach her... of course, she thinks I'M the one that's deceived. The last time I asked her where she attends church, she wasn't... she can't find one that teaches "truth."

I don't want to waste a LOT of time on foolish arguments with her but when I see a post, I want to be able to refute it.

She's also a flat-earther and SO anti-vaccine, she says you aren't even a Christian if you vaccinate your kids. (I'm anti-vax as well, but nowhere near the scale she is...) She's deep into conspiracy theories and "false flag" events...

I'm concerned that she's bought into the deception so deep, nothing can get through...

Can you toss me a few teachers, preachers, ministries that I can refer to? I mean ... you should have seen what she posted about Billy Graham...

Blog Entries
    When they start throwing Billy Graham in with their heretics I think they may be too far gone.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (08-06-2019), Romans828 (08-06-2019), Valiant Woman (08-07-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    When they start throwing Billy Graham in with their heretics I think they may be too far gone.
    I'm afraid you might be right on that.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to A.J. For This Useful Post:

Valiant Woman (08-07-2019)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    I'm afraid you might be right on that.
    The problem is, anybody you have them listen to is one of their heretics probably, so they're not going to listen or just listen to criticize. Just gonna have to break up her fallow ground with prayer.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (08-06-2019), Valiant Woman (08-07-2019)

The problem is, anybody you have them listen to is one of their heretics probably, so they're not going to listen or just listen to criticize. Just gonna have to break up her fallow ground with prayer.
    It just makes me so sad.

what is "NAR"?

Blog Entries

She's also a flat-earther...

Bingo and she thinks everyone else is deceived

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (08-06-2019), Valiant Woman (08-07-2019)

Blog Entries

That's a clear indication they are off in fairy land

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (08-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Femme* View Post
    what is "NAR"?
    New Apostolic Reformation

The New Apostolic Reformation (NAR) is a movement which seeks to establish a fifth branch within Christendom, distinct from Catholicism, Protestantism, Oriental Orthodoxy, and Eastern Orthodoxy. The movement is largely associated with the Pentecostal and the Charismatic movements and advocates the restoration of the lost offices of church governance, namely the offices of prophet and apostle.[1] Inspired by the G12 movement, it grows by recruiting pastors of independent congregations and nondenominational churches, by assimilating members from other churches through cell group meetings, and by frequent Church planting and rapid expansion, including foreign missions around the globe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Apostolic_Reformation

That's a very basic definition...

New Apostolic Reformation

The New Apostolic Reformation (NAR) is a movement which seeks to establish a fifth branch within Christendom, distinct from Catholicism, Protestantism, Oriental Orthodoxy, and Eastern Orthodoxy. The movement is largely associated with the Pentecostal and the Charismatic movements and advocates the restoration of the lost offices of church governance, namely the offices of prophet and apostle.[1] Inspired by the G12 movement, it grows by recruiting pastors of independent congregations and nondenominational churches, by assimilating members from other churches through cell group meetings, and by frequent Church planting and rapid expansion, including foreign missions around the globe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Apostolic_Reformation

That's a very basic definition...
    that, right there shows they're not legit.

thanks