Thread: Berkeley Bans Natural Gas

Berkeley Bans Natural Gas

From sanctuary cities to brutally high taxes, California is the undisputed center of gravity for today's far-left. If you want to see how liberal policies would look on a national level, you don't have to imagine it. You can just look at the thousands fleeing the once-great state.

In the latest chapter of*California's descent into liberal madness, the city of Berkeley – a*hotbed of radical liberalism – became the first city in America to ban natural gas from new*homes and businesses, including*restaurants that use natural gas for stoves.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/dani...mes-businesses

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-22-2019)

Oh good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    Oh good grief.
    You wont see that in our areas.

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    You wont see that in our areas.
    That’s for sure! But the way some groups are protesting pipelines in Canada, you’d think they believe we can live without the oil and gas industry.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A.J. For This Useful Post:

curly sue (07-21-2019), Ezekiel 33 (07-22-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    That’s for sure! But the way some groups are protesting pipelines in Canada, you’d think they believe we can live without the oil and gas industry.
    They are on that “we only have 12 years left” kick. They are bent on destroying all energy infrastrucure without considering what will happen if they do.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-22-2019)

Unfortunately here in Spokane, we are getting lots of people moving here from out of state and from the liberal west side of the state. I friend told me that people are calling and buying houses, condo's and land sight unseen. I am getting calls do I want to sell my house, things in the mail of the same. When I read the heading again I looked at in in a different way....... so those in Berkeley who are always blowing hot air out of their mouths have been shut down possibly... :). It is sad what is taking place in CA, OR, WA.....

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lindaeverchanging For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-22-2019), FireBrand (07-21-2019)

The oil and gas industry is about all Okla. has going for it. Our home is total electric, but all the other houses I've lived in had gas heat and hot water. Oddly, I've never lived in a home that cooked on gas.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to curly sue For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-22-2019), FireBrand (07-21-2019), Lindaeverchanging (07-21-2019)

They're so messed up, do they understand where electricity comes from? From the link in the OP post:

The logic behind the Berkeley ban seems to be this: we can help the planet and reduce carbon emissions by eliminating natural gas and switching to electric heating and cooking. This is completely warped: the electric grid is powered predominantly by fossil fuels. The state prides itself on having very little coal, but it imports electricity from neighboring states like Utah and Arizona where it is generated by coal. Somehow displacing the emissions from California to another state, and charging the taxpayers more, fulfills the criteria for being "green."

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krystian For This Useful Post:

curly sue (07-22-2019), Ezekiel 33 (07-22-2019), GodismyJudge (07-22-2019)

They cant think for themselves out there. All they have to do is ask why we in the colder states do not heat with electric. But then, this is geo-political and agenda of control.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-22-2019)