Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you still have a landline?

We pay $96. per month for land line and internet. Our pre paid cells we just top off once a year for $10 and the minutes roll over. We don't give out the cell numbers except to closest family members. Some times I use more minutes keeping in touch with dd when I'm out so we may add an occasional $10. now and then.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to curly sue For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-18-2019)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by curly sue View Post
    We pay $96. per month for land line and internet. .
    Ours is similar as landline and internet are linked in 1 package of $99/month. We get unlimited download and speed of 100Mbps which is the best you can get down here

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-18-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    We still have our landline + 2 cell phones... I've mentioned to Rog quite a few times about saving - But he's not ready to part with it...
    Ditto and I hear ya, Sis.

... Been trying to get Hubby to get rid of our landline for years, because it only rings 2 or 3 times a WEEK... and then, it's usually a telemarketer or some other type of phone scam.

Now that I'm retired, and we have started to look for ways to cut expenses, he's almost ready to "cut the cord" (LOL)

His biggest hesitation is that he thinks the landline will provide communication, if we get an EMP attack and the cell towers go down - But I keep saying "If the towers go down, nine times out of ten, the landlines and most other utilities will be affected too."

I think I'm wearing him down... Slowly, but surely.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Romans828 For This Useful Post:

A.J. (07-13-2019), Ezekiel 33 (07-18-2019)

Blog Entries
    Keep these handy just in case technology fails

Do you still have a landline?-2-cans-jpg

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

A.J. (07-13-2019), curly sue (07-14-2019), Ezekiel 33 (07-18-2019), Romans828 (07-14-2019)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    Keep these handy just in case technology fails

Do you still have a landline?-2-cans-jpg
    Yep. Very handy if they are only 3 feet away. Or you could just talk without them.

We cut the landline about 5 years ago. We kept it because of free calling to Canada where our kids live. But we now use Facebook messenger for calls. No minutes for either of us, and no cost.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Highly Favoured For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-18-2019)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Yep. Very handy if they are only 3 feet away. Or you could just talk without them.

I could get to your home with this and we can chat endlessly

Do you still have a landline?-570_pictures_parts_diabolo-string-jpg

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-18-2019), fuego (07-13-2019)

i have a landline, but I don't have a phone hooked up to it. I get my internet thru phone provider and it's about $30 cheaper to package landline/internet than just internet. Crazy aint it lol

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sojourner For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-18-2019)

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John's Avatar
    I'm currently pulling the plug on the last land line. The rationale for keeping it this long was that in the case of hurricane, etc that the land line would stay on. Well, turns out that is no longer the case, if things do go down the towers are going to be brought back up before land lines.

Also cutting the cord on cable TV, going air antenna and roku with at&t fiber connection. So far, so good! Saving close to 140.00 a month.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-18-2019), Romans828 (07-15-2019)

For the past two years we have had a hughes net satt phone and internet. Our cell phones are off tower here. Just last month our power company finalized fiber optic internet. Our cell phones work, internet flies like NASA. The old hughes net phone was like an old landline in looks and function. Glad to have tossed their raunchy service.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-18-2019)