Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Closing down the ministry

Closing down the ministry

Hey all, lift Mrs. Zeke and Myself up in prayer for God's direction at what is next for us.
    We are just about finished with the process of shutting down Frederic Fellowship of Faith and handing it over to Living Water Christian Center.

Still on board leading worship, but can't stay long because I need to get out of the way and let the next pastor pursue the vision that He has received.

Waiting to see what the next chapter in God's adventure will be for us!

God bless!!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ezekiel 33 For This Useful Post:

A.J. (07-11-2019), Romans828 (07-12-2019), sojourner (07-13-2019)

Blog Entries
    Just take it all in stride in faith. God has greater things!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-11-2019)

Blessings Zeke!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to krystian For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-11-2019)

God bless you and guide you in the new adventure!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-11-2019)

God's best for you and Mrs. Zeke!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to curly sue For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel 33 View Post
    Hey all, lift Mrs. Zeke and Myself up in prayer for God's direction at what is next for us.
    We are just about finished with the process of shutting down Frederic Fellowship of Faith...
    I'm feeling ya, BIG time Brother!!!

We shut the doors (for the last time) last July after establishing our church plant 18 years ago...

To be honest, I have been enjoying the freedom from having to deal with "Church Issues" and Unfaithful Members.

Hubby, on the other hand, had a VERY hard time - He said he felt like he did, when his Mother died!!! - It took him months to grieve the loss.

While I went "church shopping" on Sundays, he would stay home and sleep - Again, to be honest, he REALLY needed the rest, because he never took a break from Church - We had some so-called ministers come in and out over the years, but they were more "out" than in, and we could never get anyone to settle down and act as a "true" Assistant Pastor.

We saw some spiritual growth in the flock(s) God had us minister to, but they just never seemed to get the "Serving God Comes Before the Family Reunion" idea.

Anyway, I could go on and on, but overall, I'd say the sacrifices, blood, sweat, tears and financial impact was worth it, just to see souls saved, healed and delivered.

We joined a church last month, and Hubby has preached there twice, so while he REALLY misses preaching and teaching every week, he's trying to adjust, and still wondering "What's Next?"

Praying for you and your wife, that God will order your steps in the way He would have you to go.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Romans828 For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-11-2019), krystian (07-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Romans828 View Post

We shut the doors (for the last time) last July after establishing our church plant 18 years ago...

To be honest, I have been enjoying the freedom from having to deal with "Church Issues" and Unfaithful Members.

Hubby, on the other hand, had a VERY hard time - He said he felt like he did, when his Mother died!!! - It took him months to grieve the loss.

While I went "church shopping" on Sundays, he would stay home and sleep - Again, to be honest, he REALLY needed the rest, because he never took a break from Church - We had some so-called ministers come in and out over the years, but they were more "out" than in, and we could never get anyone to settle down and act as a "true" Assistant Pastor.

We saw some spiritual growth in the flock(s) God had us minister to, but they just never seemed to get the "Serving God Comes Before the Family Reunion" idea.

Anyway, I could go on and on, but overall, I'd say the sacrifices, blood, sweat, tears and financial impact was worth it, just to see souls saved, healed and delivered.

We joined a church last month, and Hubby has preached there twice, so while he REALLY misses preaching and teaching every week, he's trying to adjust, and still wondering "What's Next?"

Praying for you and your wife, that God will order your steps in the way He would have you to go.
    God bless you in being faithful. That’s what wins in the end, faithfulness.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-11-2019), Romans828 (07-11-2019)

Blog Entries
    All the churches I pastored are still thriving churches. I built them on the Word of God with little entertainment.

Blessings on your journey.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nikos For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-11-2019), krystian (07-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Romans828 View Post

Aww, had no idea. Well done good and faithful servants.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to krystian For This Useful Post:

Romans828 (07-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    Aww, had no idea. Well done good and faithful servants.
    Yeah, that!!! Well done!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ezekiel 33 For This Useful Post:

Romans828 (07-12-2019)