Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Teen Worship Leader Rebuked for Wearing Shorts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Romans828 View Post
    Whatever happened to the thought that entering a church or sanctuary was akin to being on "Holy Ground?"
    Well I don't go for the 'holy ground' stuff as to me that's OT. We personally are the 'holy ground' now because we are the temple of God.

I go to a Bethel church and a lot of our musicians wear shorts. Of course we're in a tent right now while building and it gets really hot, but they do it anyway during the summer. So that's not a big deal to me.

Now maybe the woman shouldn't have said something to her about the shorts, and even said she was fat. But I totally disagree with the F-bomb approach. I mean she's supposed to be a Christian leading worship. How is that your response if you're really a Christian? That's the part I have a problem with. No many what anyone else does, and how wrong it might be, if that's your response, I'm sorry, I just question your salvation. Maybe that's wrong, but it is what it is.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-10-2019), victoryword (07-09-2019)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Femme* View Post
    there is just SO much wrong with this whole thing it's hard to pick one.

good grief.
    Well why don't you tell us what you thing is wrong and not leaving us wondering what exactly you mean by that? :)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-10-2019)

I dont know why anyone is reactive to this. Isnt this the backslidden mainline that years ago began sliding into “gay affirming” and recently made it an issue to consider same-sex marriages, lesbian pastors etc etc etc? Sheesh. This is small peas.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-10-2019), victoryword (07-09-2019)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    I dont know why anyone is reactive to this. Isnt this the backslidden mainline that years ago began sliding into “gay affirming” and recently made it an issue to consider same-sex marriages, lesbian pastors etc etc etc? Sheesh. This is small peas.
    Well, I guess I just hold out hope the whole thing isn't corrupted. But I wonder less and less.

What happened to my post???

I read the young lady's Twitter post on the incident where she videoed the incident. The elder lady was definitely wrong in her approach. She was right to advise the young lady on her wearing short-shorts (they were definitely inappropriate), but she was rude and the "you're too fat to wear shorts" remarks were uncalled for. Definitely not in the spirit of love.

But the young lady has a past history of emotional problems, suicidal tendencies, and other mental issues and should not have been assigned the ministry of Worship leader. I bet she has exhibited off the wall behavior before this and I believe the pastor is accountable for either not discerning it, or ignoring it.

His response make it appear he is clueless...

"It has come to our attention that great harm has been done in an incident that occurred this past Sunday where a faithful and very gifted young lady and worship leader was body shamed for her appearance," Baker said. "We are shocked and saddened by this act. The Church is supposed to be a place of safety, love and acceptance.

He needs to address this issue with both of them alone, and then together.

I know from personal experience that the mature sisters in the Church advice, even when given in love, is not welcomed nor appreciated. Particularly in the larger churches, where young people tend to dress more provocatively.

Whatever happened to...

"...the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things— that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed." Titus‬ *2:3-5‬ *

???
    When your praise match your prayers, the answer will come.
    https://www.facebook.com/Valiant-Wom...1103844642026/

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valiant Woman For This Useful Post:

A.J. (07-08-2019), curly sue (07-09-2019), Ezekiel 33 (07-10-2019), fuego (07-08-2019), Romans828 (07-09-2019), victoryword (07-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Well why don't you tell us what you thing is wrong and not leaving us wondering what exactly you mean by that? :)
    A lot of what Val said..

But, the first thing that put me off was "stage".. if they're in a church, it shouldn't be a "stage".

Moving on, her "outfit" was disgraceful period, not to mention it was *supposed* to be in a worship service?

The whole approach of the elder woman was overbearing and condescending, but, as Val pointed out, she spoke truth.

The language the young woman used was abhorrent and odious.

NOTHING salvagable about the whole incident.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Femme* For This Useful Post:

A.J. (07-08-2019), curly sue (07-09-2019), fuego (07-08-2019), Highly Favoured (07-09-2019), Romans828 (07-09-2019), Valiant Woman (07-09-2019), victoryword (07-09-2019)

Blog Entries
    This is one redeemable feature...in the photo the young lady has the word "AGAPE" on her shirt

It's all about love ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    This is one redeemable feature...in the photo the young lady has the word "AGAPE" on her shirt

It's all about love ❤️
    The laodicean church needs a Bishop with common sense....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LionHeart View Post
    The laodicean church needs a Bishop with common sense....
    They prefer Bishops on the broad way

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    After the Charismatic Renewal, I heard of a few Charismatic Methodist churches but for the most part they are dead, dead, dead. Worship leader is almost an oxymoron in the UMC.

Even in a world of unbelievers there is still a place and a need for appropriate behaviour, manners and common decency.