Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Teen Worship Leader Rebuked for Wearing Shorts

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    That shouldnt even be in question what with the anger between members such as it is. Stage, platform...some dip once, some dip twice (I miss Catchy).
    Ah yes! Platform! I honestly could not think of what else you would call a stage. Either way, that should not be the issue!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    The local UMC pastorette was discussing with us that she couldnt find scriptural evidence for the sin of homosexuality nor proofs that Hell is a real place. The other pastor was a doctorate professor in the Presbyterian USA. We both sat with our mouths open.
    I can see maybe the first, but no proof that hell is a real place? Come on. Of course the JWs believe that, right?

As far as homosexuality being a sin, I can see some saying some translations just translate certain passages that way. So I'd come from this angle. Number 1, fornication is a sin. Number 2, there is NO provision in the bible for the same sex marrying each other. Since there is no marriage by them in the eyes of God, they are always living in fornication. Actually that's how I'd approach it if I were ever talking to them, and taking them through the law.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-10-2019), Romans828 (07-10-2019), Valiant Woman (07-10-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    I can see maybe the first, but no proof that hell is a real place? Come on. Of course the JWs believe that, right?

As far as homosexuality being a sin, I can see some saying some translations just translate certain passages that way. So I'd come from this angle. Number 1, fornication is a sin. Number 2, there is NO provision in the bible for the same sex marrying each other. Since there is no marriage by them in the eyes of God, they are always living in fornication. Actually that's how I'd approach it if I were ever talking to them, and taking them through the law.
    Hmm?

Think I'd throw in this passage as well...

"Don't have sex with a man as one does with a woman. That is abhorrent." **Leviticus‬ *18:22‬ *(MSG‬‬)
    When your praise match your prayers, the answer will come.
    https://www.facebook.com/Valiant-Wom...1103844642026/

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valiant Woman For This Useful Post:

Colonel (07-10-2019), Ezekiel 33 (07-11-2019), Romans828 (07-10-2019)

Well you know that and I know that but she sat there stewing in her ignorance.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-11-2019)

So now all y’all be gettin’ where I’m coming from when I say the wearing shorts thing is straining at gnats and swallowing camels.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-11-2019)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant Woman View Post
    Hmm?

Think I’d throw in this passage as well...

“Don’t have sex with a man as one does with a woman. That is abhorrent.” **Leviticus‬ *18:22‬ *(MSG‬‬)
    Well true. I was thinking about the NT and forgot about the OT.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-11-2019), Valiant Woman (07-14-2019)

Well true. I was thinking about the NT and forgot about the OT.
    Actually the NT mentions lesbianism specifically whereas the OT is silent about that (it does mention woman-animal relations though).

Rom 1:26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.
    27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel 33 View Post
    Ah yes! Platform! I honestly could not think of what else you would call a stage. Either way, that should not be the issue!
    once you put people in a performance mode, worship becomes nonexistant for the "audience"

it becomes a concert with someone giving their ideas on what the Biblical theme is.

So, yeah, it IS a big deal and undercuts the whole idea of corporate worship.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    Because their bodies tend to attract more sexual attention. Maybe a really fat woman who wears a bikini and tries to make the most of it is worse, I don't know.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Femme* View Post
    there is just SO much wrong with this whole thing it's hard to pick one.

good grief.
    Laughing out loud...!!!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

Femme* (07-12-2019)