Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Joel Osteen Seen At Gay Pride Lady GaGa Show??

Blog Entries
    I admit Joel is no fire and brimstone preacher, but I believe he has and still does reach people for Christ.
    If an immediate firm commitment to Christ is not made through repentance, at least a seed may be planted that will lead to salvation later.
    If you put God First, you have Him at Last.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Smitty For This Useful Post:

A.J. (08-28-2019), FaithfulOne (08-31-2019), njtom (07-15-2019), Valiant Woman (07-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    In this day we are living, and especially this month of ungodliness and perversion being flaunted, the least effective method to reach these is showing up at one of their events and blending in. Talk about sending mixed signals.
    I have the feeling that you're overreacting to the whole Pride thing. That's what they want us to do, in fact anyone who isn't wholeheartedly on their side. They want us to feel overwhelmed and they are good at publicity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    In this day we are living, and especially this month of ungodliness and perversion being flaunted, the least effective method to reach these is showing up at one of their events and blending in. Talk about sending mixed signals.
    Exactly. Any place you see Jesus hanging with sinners, etc, it was to MINISTER. Period. He didn't go just to hang without any ministry taking place or leaving salvation and/or healing in His wake.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

FireBrand (06-29-2019), Romans828 (06-30-2019), Valiant Woman (07-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    I have the feeling that you're overreacting to the whole Pride thing. That's what they want us to do, in fact anyone who isn't wholeheartedly on their side. They want us to feel overwhelmed and they are good at publicity.
    No, I’m not OVER reacting. I am merely reacting and that after seeing the holiness and order of God. You may feel that way but I dont. What I feel is a normal response knowing what I know in Christ.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Valiant Woman (07-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Exactly. Any place you see Jesus hanging with sinners, etc, it was to MINISTER. Period. He didn't go just to hang without any ministry taking place or leaving salvation and/or healing in His wake.
    Yes but he didn't necessarily advertise his intentions and the Pharisees sure didn't get it. But being unsure about it they saw an opportunity for some gossipping. Let's not step over into the same ditch. With the same measure you judge...

Blog Entries
    There were many other things that Jesus did that we don't know about. I don't want to speculate what those activities were, but I'm sure many would be surprised.

And there also are many other things which Jesus did, which if they were written in detail, I suppose that even the whole world itself would not contain the books which were written (John 21:25).
    If you put God First, you have Him at Last.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Smitty For This Useful Post:

A.J. (08-28-2019)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    There were many other things that Jesus did that we don't know about. I don't want to speculate what those activities were, but I'm sure many would be surprised.

And there also are many other things which Jesus did, which if they were written in detail, I suppose that even the whole world itself would not contain the books which were written (John 21:25).
    I think this is referring to miracles, healings, other types of encounters similar to what we already read, etc. I think we have a pretty good cross section of the ministry of Jesus to give us an idea of how he conducted himself. I don't think it means they left out what would be the equivalent of Joel and his wife going to a Lady Gaga concert, or left out anything that we don't already have a similar account of.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Colonel (07-01-2019), curly sue (07-15-2019), Valiant Woman (07-01-2019)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    Yes but he didn't necessarily advertise his intentions and the Pharisees sure didn't get it. But being unsure about it they saw an opportunity for some gossipping. Let's not step over into the same ditch. With the same measure you judge...
    Maybe he didn't advertise it, but we sure saw the results of it, and pretty much immediately. So in line with what you said, I'm looking forward to the testimony concerning the visit very soon.

I think this is referring to miracles, healings, other types of encounters similar to what we already read, etc. I think we have a pretty good cross section of the ministry of Jesus to give us an idea of how he conducted himself. I don't think it means they left out what would be the equivalent of Joel and his wife going to a Lady Gaga concert, or left out anything that we don't already have a similar account of.
    I completely agree! ��
    When your praise match your prayers, the answer will come.
    https://www.facebook.com/Valiant-Wom...1103844642026/

Maybe he didn't advertise it, but we sure saw the results of it, and pretty much immediately. So in line with what you said, I'm looking forward to the testimony concerning the visit very soon.
    I'm thinking that too much sheer speculation soon turns into gossipping.