Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Joel Osteen Seen At Gay Pride Lady GaGa Show??

Blog Entries
    One plausible explanation is that Osteen has a radio show on SiriusXM, the company that sponsored Lady Gaga’s show.
    This was my first thought as to why he was there in the first place.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Valiant Woman (07-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    This was my first thought as to why he was there in the first place.
    Which really adds to the fuel to the fires of compromise, in that he is a cheap sell-out for Christ.

Blog Entries
    And as Jesus passed on from there, He saw a man named Matthew, sitting in the tax office; and He said to him, "Follow Me!" And he rose, and followed Him.
    And as it happened that as He was reclining at the table in the house, behold many tax gathers and sinners came and were dining with Jesus and His disciples.
    And when the Pharisees saw this, they said to His disciples, "Why is your teacher eating with tax-gathers and sinners?" Matthew 9:9-11)

Of coarse there are going to be Christians criticizing the Osteen's for attending this event.
    The religious folks of Jesus day criticized Him also for being in the company of sinners.
    No one knows what personal conversations were discussed with the Osteen's by these lost people at the Ga-Ga event.
    What an opportunity to be a light for Jesus and share the cross of Christ of which I'm sure the Osteen's did with this opportunity set before them.

No doubt that Joel and Victoria knew what Jesus said in Mark 2:17.

And hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners.
    If you put God First, you have Him at Last.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smitty For This Useful Post:

A.J. (08-28-2019), FaithfulOne (08-31-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    And as Jesus passed on from there, He saw a man named Matthew, sitting in the tax office; and He said to him, "Follow Me!" And he rose, and followed Him.
    And as it happened that as He was reclining at the table in the house, behold many tax gathers and sinners came and were dining with Jesus and His disciples.
    And when the Pharisees saw this, they said to His disciples, "Why is your teacher eating with tax-gathers and sinners?" Matthew 9:9-11)

Of coarse there are going to be Christians criticizing the Osteen's for attending this event.
    The religious folks of Jesus day criticized Him also for being in the company of sinners.
    No one knows what personal conversations were discussed with the Osteen's by these lost people at the Ga-Ga event.
    What an opportunity to be a light for Jesus and share the cross of Christ of which I'm sure the Osteen's did with this opportunity set before them.

And hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners.
    Jesus didn't go to whore houses to minister but he went to most places that were considered normal, including the pool at Bethesda which archaeology tells us was related to paganism. The mentioned event was just a concert, isn't that right ? What did they do there, do we know ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    What did they do there, do we know ?
    Thats correct, we don't know.
    But God does Know.
    The Lord will bring to light the things hidden in the darkness and disclose the motives of men's hearts.
    The Osteen's will give an account as well as you and I will on that day.
    I choose to give them the benefit of the doubt Colonel.
    If you put God First, you have Him at Last.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smitty For This Useful Post:

A.J. (08-28-2019), FaithfulOne (08-31-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post

The differences between the teachers of the law and homosexuals flaunting their rebellion to God’s created order, simply cannot be put in the same context. We are in the world, not of it. Paul strongly urged believers to come out from them, to be separate. This is not the only article and neither is that relevant. For a preacher of the gospel to be seen in a place like this firmly and inambiguously gives affirmation first, to this nationwide rebellious month of being brazenly proud of homosexuality and secondly, to this sinful act itself.

In this case count me in with those that judge.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Romans828 (06-29-2019), Valiant Woman (07-01-2019)

If this is true, and they attended a concert where all kinds of profanity, perversion, etc. is being promoted, showcased and encouraged, and they smile, applaud, and laugh at the "jokes," etc. and then attempted to "minister" to the attendees...

I just wonder how "effective" their "ministry" attempt was?

And for those who say "Jesus ate with sinners" - Yes, he did, but not one time did he compromise, participate in or excuse the sin - He didn't berate the "Woman Caught in Adultery," but he told her, "Go, and sin no more!"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Romans828 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    He's probably doing research for a sermon series.

"New Methods On How To Love Them into the Fold"

Quote Originally Posted by Romans828 View Post
    If this is true, and they attended a concert where all kinds of profanity, perversion, etc. is being promoted, showcased and encouraged, and they smile, applaud, and laugh at the "jokes," etc. and then attempted to "minister" to the attendees...

I just wonder how "effective" their "ministry" attempt was?

And for those who say "Jesus ate with sinners" - Yes, he did, but not one time did he compromise, participate in or excuse the sin - He didn't berate the "Woman Caught in Adultery," but he told her, "Go, and sin no more!"
    In this day we are living, and especially this month of ungodliness and perversion being flaunted, the least effective method to reach these is showing up at one of their events and blending in. Talk about sending mixed signals.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    The differences between the teachers of the law and homosexuals flaunting their rebellion to God’s created order, simply cannot be put in the same context. We are in the world, not of it. Paul strongly urged believers to come out from them, to be separate. This is not the only article and neither is that relevant. For a preacher of the gospel to be seen in a place like this firmly and inambiguously gives affirmation first, to this nationwide rebellious month of being brazenly proud of homosexuality and secondly, to this sinful act itself.

In this case count me in with those that judge.
    The tax collectors and prostitutes that Jesus was around were as much a matter of scandal and rebellion against God as anything gay is today. The tax collectors were seen as collaborators with the Roman empire and therefore as traitors. They also exploited the people by way of their function as traitors. Prostitutes were among the lowest among the low. The fact that the Osteens went to a Lady Gaga concert says nothing in and of itself, the real question is what they were there for. If it was simply to go to some concert, ignore the content involved and hang out with other celebrities then I'd call that at least luke warm.