Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever have a walking taco?

Ever have a walking taco?

So, I was at a birthday party over the weekend and that's what they were serving. Apparently they've been around for a while but it was a new experience for me...wasn't sure how to do it!

I need more info.

Blog Entries

Yes, at our teen camp concession stand. After a long altar service our kids would run over and grab them. Yum.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Yes, at our teen camp concession stand. After a long altar service our kids would run over and grab them. Yum.
    Thankfully they weren't running tacos or they never would have gotten one.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

FireBrand (06-26-2019)

I had never heard of those, so I had to google it. I make something similar, but I pour the Fritos on a plate. Sometimes I add chopped lettuce. I usually just make it with chili and here it is called Frito Chili Pie.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to curly sue For This Useful Post:

krystian (06-27-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Femme* View Post
    I need more info.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Yep, my thoughts exactly when it was announced the walking tacos were ready!

The first item in the serving line were a bunch of small bags of Dorito Nacho Cheese, then cooked ground beef, different kinds of grated cheeses, sour cream and all the other kinds of taco toppings but no plates and no taco shells.

A few of us stood off to the side to watch what those in the know were doing when someone saw us and gave us each a bag of Doritos then said, here, let me crush those for you. LOL...oooookay.

Seems you crush them first then spoon all your favorite taco fillings right into the bag as the bag is basically your bowl and you eat it with a spoon or fork.

It actually was pretty good and what an easy clean up, just throw the bag away when you're done.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krystian For This Useful Post:

Femme* (06-28-2019), Romans828 (06-27-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Yeah, seems like all the younger folk knew all about it.

Quote Originally Posted by curly sue View Post
    I had never heard of those, so I had to google it. I make something similar, but I pour the Fritos on a plate. Sometimes I add chopped lettuce. I usually just make it with chili and here it is called Frito Chili Pie.
    That sounds good too!

Church camp would serve them in a small bag of frito’s with chili, lettuce, tomato and sour cream. Yum

Blog Entries
    Fox Bros BBQ here has something similar called 'Frito Pie' as a side where they dump their brisket chili and cheese into a bag of Fritos.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

FireBrand (06-27-2019)