Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Sky is Falling for Fast Food, but not Chick-fil-A...Here's Why

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant Woman View Post
    They’re opening new restaurants all the time, it won’t be long.
    I’m taking notes on this thread.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (06-21-2019), Valiant Woman (06-21-2019)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by victoryword View Post
    If I remember, I'll try to find out the next time I'm there.
    Dude, if it doesn't want to make you slap yo mama it'll make you slap yourself.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (06-21-2019), Valiant Woman (06-21-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Don't know if they still have it, but if you haven't tried the Frosted Key Lime shake yet...it might be my favorite shake. Remember the Creamsicles? It's like a lime version of that. Lime shake but with that vanilla ice cream mixed in...man it's good.
    It's a SIN for something to taste so good!
    When your praise match your prayers, the answer will come.
    https://www.facebook.com/Valiant-Wom...1103844642026/

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valiant Woman For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (06-21-2019), fuego (06-21-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Romans828 View Post
    Don't know if they still make them, but I tried one of their Banana Pudding Shakes, and OMG!!! - It was amazing - And I'm not really a milkshake person.
    They only have the speciality drinks & shakes for a season, usually in Summer. The last one was the Key Lime shake, which was a popular one so they'll probably have it again this Summer if they don't already.
    When your praise match your prayers, the answer will come.
    https://www.facebook.com/Valiant-Wom...1103844642026/

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valiant Woman For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (06-21-2019), Romans828 (06-21-2019)

I've found I can't do it more than one time a week.. they use MSG.

I really like their food too! I did like the calendar though, I understand why they did away with it, but we loved the graphics and the monthly offers. We tried several things we would never have and a few turned into favorites (their chicken salad! OHMY!! but they took it off the menu.. ::sad face::)
    We especially like the breakfasts.

Near us they do a Senior drink too. We always ask for our "Old People Drink".. when I was in the Riverside store and said that she looked at me like I'd sprouted another head.. then I found out that store doesn't do it. LOL!

We'd never been until the radicals tried to shut them down and the folks came out IN FORCE to order. We did too and started going regularly. The boycott was the best thing to happen for them! We still laugh about it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Femme* View Post
    (their chicken salad! OHMY!! but they took it off the menu.. ::sad face::)
    Not sure if they have them other places, but here in the Atlanta area we also have Chick Fil A Dwarf Houses (as in Snow White) which are more regular restaurants than the normal CFA stores. The original CFA store not far from me was a Dwarf House. The mall stores and the 'regular' CFAs came later. The Dwarf Houses still sell the chicken salad. I loved that stuff. But I ate so much over a period of time doing keto I got yucked/burned out on it. lol.

It's my understanding that they also quit the cole slaw (I may be mistaken) but they still have that here too. Atlanta being the home of CFA we also get experimental restaurant in the area where I live. There was a Truett's Pizza open for several years that just closed. We also have Truett's Grill which is 50's diner themed, but they are permanent. And we also have a Truett's Lua not to far from me which is their largest restaurant of any kind (8000 Squ ft).

At the age of 92, Truett wanted his last project to be a special restaurant with an environment focused on having fun and celebrating life with family and friends. For Truett, that brought to mind Hawaiian Luaus.

Nearly every piece of décor used in the restaurant was handpicked by Truett himself. Throughout the planning and building process, Truett made frequent trips to the site to ensure everything was in line with his vision to “bring Hawaii to Fayetteville.”

Started with Truett’s notes and doodles on a 3×5 index card, this Restaurant has now become the largest in the Chick-fil-A portfolio at 8,000 square feet, providing guests with a one of a kind experience that combines the hospitality driven spirit of Chick-fil-A with the casual, family loving essence of Hawaii.

Here is a pic of a Dwarf House, Truett's Grill, and Truett's Lua.

The Sky is Falling for Fast Food, but not Chick-fil-A...Here’s Why-image1-23-jpg

The Sky is Falling for Fast Food, but not Chick-fil-A...Here’s Why-truetts-grill-jpg

The Sky is Falling for Fast Food, but not Chick-fil-A...Here’s Why-b40298a4487f2f8eb24c67536e154765-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    The original CFA store not far from me was a Dwarf House. The Dwarf Houses still sell the chicken salad.
    jealous

It's my understanding that they also quit the cole slaw (I may be mistaken) but they still have that here too. Atlanta being the home of CFA we also get experimental restaurant in the area where I live.
    yup, here the cole slaw is history.. I'd love to get in on the trial menu stuff!