Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inner Healing

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    I watched the videos through now and in general he's attempting to cut the slack and get down to where the transforming power of God works in a more uncomplicated manner. Which is a good thing but it could well be that he's going too far.
    Todd is a solid brother. I’m encouraged where he addressed the sozo stuff up front. Some have taken it too far even in thinking everybody needs it, but that’s a normal response from those that found deliverance in a sozo session (Bethel is big on it, or was). Along the same lines of some I’ve known that were Bob Larsen disciples and they were so far into it, everybody needed demons cast out of them. That’s the kind of stuff that the rest of us have to clean up after.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

A.J. (06-14-2019), Ezekiel 33 (06-17-2019)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    (Bethel is big on it, or was).
    We have it at our church. Of course we go to a Bethel church. I haven't listened to the videos, but I probably agree with most of what he says. Actually, I don't think anybody needs it per se by going to 'sessions'. I think every Christian that 'needs' it could be 'self-delivered' if they would get in the Word, stay in the Word, pray the Word, confess/declare the Word, private worship/praise, fast, and pray in tongues a LOT. The Holy Spirit would just root it out supernaturally, and some of it you wouldn't even be aware of as it would just be a natural progression of maturity.

At Brownsville School of Ministry (BRSM) it was a class that everybody took called 'Cleansing Streams' where they go into all that stuff all semester and then at the end have a huge deliverance session for everybody. The deliverance session was definitely interesting. But the class itself is full of a lot of good scriptural knowledge about demons and strongholds and things along those lines.

I think a lot of it would take care if itself if a lot of these people actually got saved. :)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (06-17-2019), Highly Favoured (07-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    We have it at our church. Of course we go to a Bethel church. I haven't listened to the videos, but I probably agree with most of what he says. Actually, I don't think anybody needs it per se by going to 'sessions'. I think every Christian that 'needs' it could be 'self-delivered' if they would get in the Word, stay in the Word, pray the Word, confess/declare the Word, private worship/praise, fast, and pray in tongues a LOT. The Holy Spirit would just root it out supernaturally, and some of it you wouldn't even be aware of as it would just be a natural progression of maturity.

I think a lot of it would take care if itself if a lot of these people actually got saved. :)
    It’s simply amazing how cleansing, healing and deliverance takes place when we pay attention to certain things others may consider simplistic that the bible considers critical.

Luke 6:46 bears this out in critical terms. Why cry out “Lord, Lord” and not do what He says...simple. Yet many have unsure foundations because of disobedience to the Word. Everybody want stable, nobody wanna dig.

The bible assumes our obedience to it.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

A.J. (06-15-2019), Ezekiel 33 (06-17-2019), fuego (06-15-2019), Romans828 (06-15-2019)

It’s simply amazing how cleansing, healing and deliverance takes place when we pay attention to certain things others may consider simplistic that the bible considers critical.

Luke 6:46 bears this out in critical terms. Why cry out “Lord, Lord” and not do what He says...simple. Yet many have unsure foundations because of disobedience to the Word. Everybody want stable, nobody wanna dig.

The bible assumes our obedience to it.
    Digging down to the rock to build a foundation then building from there sounds like a better idea than "peeling away the layers of the onion one layer at a time". The latter may lead to conversations like the following one that I saw in a sozo healing video :

"I felt like a little girl, sob sob sob."
    "Holy Spirit, we ask you to reach out to the little girl to comfort her"
    "Yes, thank you Jesus"

That's more like starting at the surface.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (06-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    Digging down to the rock to build a foundation then building from there sounds like a better idea than "peeling away the layers of the onion one layer at a time". The latter may lead to conversations like the following one that I saw in a sozo healing video :

"I felt like a little girl, sob sob sob."
    "Holy Spirit, we ask you to reach out to the little girl to comfort her"
    "Yes, thank you Jesus"

That's more like starting at the surface.
    Agreed. Speaking from experience, the Holy Spirit will walk you through it if you do the digging. Sozo is good but isnt a “one size fits all” answer or method.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (06-17-2019)

We have a local church that goes whole hog into SOZO inner healing. They require anyone wanting ministry in their church to attend a sozo session annually.
    I might attend one. I still like to listen to Led Zep once in a while...Oops That's SOZO not ZOSO.
    Attached Images Attached Images Inner Healing-led-zeppelin-zoso-vinyl-decal-sticker__77364-1507851092-jpg 

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LionHeart For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-10-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by LionHeart View Post
    I might attend one. I still like to listen to Led Zep once in a while...Oops That's SOZO not ZOSO.

I studied the inner healing stuff myself for some years. When I got a clear revelation that the Cross of Christ did it all, I stopped. I saw clearly that Jesus took all sins into his body on the cross... all my wounds, and all that stuff the practitioners of inner healing want you to go through. The truth is, you can’t heal the old man, the old man has to be killed in the body of Jesus.

For me, for all the inner healing sessions I went through, nothing ever “stuck”. The only thing that has ever stuck has been the Gospel: I died, and the life I live in the flesh I live through faith in the son of God. Gal. 2:20. I don’t live through inner healing sessions or the latest Christian self-help book.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Highly Favoured For This Useful Post:

curly sue (07-10-2019), Ezekiel 33 (07-10-2019), FireBrand (07-09-2019), fuego (07-09-2019), Romans828 (07-10-2019)