Thread: Internet Search Results

Internet Search Results

I've noticed something I've not seen before when searching the internet. It's when I search I'm getting a lot of non-Christian links.

For example, I just searched for an image and used the search term "scripture." Most of the first search results were about the Quran/Koran.

I've noticed in the past when searching for a youtube video on a Christian song that I got a lot of LDS links to the song I was searching for. I didn't click the link because I wasn't interested.

While I haven't really paid much attention to this, in the past this would just NEVER happen. If I searched for Scripture, I would get tons of Christian links first. If I searched for a song on youtube, it would be true Christian versions, not from false religions like Mormonism....

interesting....

Interesting indeed...

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muriel View Post
    I've noticed something I've not seen before when searching the internet. It's when I search I'm getting a lot of non-Christian links.

For example, I just searched for an image and used the search term "scripture." Most of the first search results were about the Quran/Koran.

I've noticed in the past when searching for a youtube video on a Christian song that I got a lot of LDS links to the song I was searching for. I didn't click the link because I wasn't interested.

While I haven't really paid much attention to this, in the past this would just NEVER happen. If I searched for Scripture, I would get tons of Christian links first. If I searched for a song on youtube, it would be true Christian versions, not from false religions like Mormonism....

interesting....
    Having built a few search engines I can tell you that it is trivial to manipulate the search results. They have us conditioned to accept the saw of "the algorithm does it automatically" but it's humans that manipulate the algorithm.

I have had something similar happen a time or two recently.

Quote Originally Posted by curly sue View Post
    I have had something similar happen a time or two recently.
    They do these changes gradually. When google first started they did a good job of representing the whole web, now when you search you'll likely get 4 or 5 Amazon results, 2 or 3 results that lead back to google properties (youtube, google shopping, google reviews, etc.). I've watched how they've destroyed small businesses over the years. It doesn't surprise me that they are wiping God from results.

HOWEVER

God will not be mocked. Google can fold overnight.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

Highly Favoured (06-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    They do these changes gradually. When google first started they did a good job of representing the whole web, now when you search you'll likely get 4 or 5 Amazon results, 2 or 3 results that lead back to google properties (youtube, google shopping, google reviews, etc.). I've watched how they've destroyed small businesses over the years. It doesn't surprise me that they are wiping God from results.

HOWEVER

God will not be mocked. Google can fold overnight.
    Google results for any product that is manufactured usually gives me two pages of ebay and amazon. For some that is what they want but most of the time I dont care for the redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Google results for any product that is manufactured usually gives me two pages of ebay and amazon. For some that is what they want but most of the time I dont care for the redundancy.
    Google results used to be filled with small business listings, links to genuine people. Now of course the Silicon Valley crime syndicate rules. I remember about ten years ago when google did an "update" that wiped most small businesses off the map. I believe they did it under cover of the supposed "financial crisis", no one except those who were tanked noticed. It was devastating to many smaller businesses.

Google and pals are all about Centralization, China. They are quite likely a domestic enemy.

I did a 100 million page crawl about two years ago, set the crawlers to disallow Amazon and a few of the other crimes in progress and the search results are actually better than google. Instead of getting little blurbs on the google page, you get links to the people who actually created the content.