Thread: Science Uprising - Fake Science and Toxic Materialism

Science Uprising - Fake Science and Toxic Materialism

Light has been, and is, shining into every one of the enemy's strongholds...
    God is moving on multiple levels against all kinds of darkness, because God loves people.

First Episode of Science Uprising Is Out: Fake Science and Toxic Materialism
    Evolution News | @DiscoveryCSC
    June 3, 2019, 5:23 AM
    https://evolutionnews.org/2019/06/fi...c-materialism/

What if the way the culture directs us to think about our own biological origins is based on a vast, highly influential myth? The myth is materialism. It’s the idea that only material stuff actually exists, while what we thought are immaterial or spiritual realities — the mind, free will, the soul — aren’t real at all but are just fobbed off on us by the brain.

That’s the theme of the first episode of Science Uprising, an aggressive new counterprogramming series of short videos.

The culture that propagates the myth
    works through the media, through popular science spokesmen like Neil deGrasse Tyson and Richard Dawkins, through education that takes the form of indoctrination, and with the insistent endorsement of more than a few genuine scientists who, like so many in the public, have swallowed the materialist Kool-Aid.

They’ve convinced millions of people that reality goes no further than what we can see and touch. If true, that would mean that the things we care about most, including love, passion, meaning, a sense of right and wrong, and so much else, are illusions. Unfortunately, a great many people believe that....

Episode One

Reality: Real vs. Material
    Discovery Science
    Published on Jun 2, 2019

Has science proven we are all just matter? Or does reality extend beyond what we can see and touch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv3c...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by GodismyJudge; 06-03-2019 at 11:17 PM. Reason: format
    This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity (futility) of their mind, having the understanding darkened...
    (Ephesians 4:17-18)

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly...
    (Psalm 1)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GodismyJudge For This Useful Post:

victoryword (06-04-2019)

Science Uprising, Episode 2: Mind Denial
    David Klinghoffer | @d_klinghoffer
    June 10, 2019, 6:09 AM
    https://evolutionnews.org/2019/06/sc...2-mind-denial/

"We are robots made out of meat, which is what I'm going to try to convince you of today."

So says evolutionist Jerry Coyne in the second episode of the counterprogramming video series Science Uprising. Coyne, Daniel Dennett, and Sam Harris serve as the foils for the episode, up against neuroscientists Jeffrey Schwartz and Michael Egnor.

The question: Does the organ of the brain house the personality, the intellect, totally so that the "inescapable I" of the subjective self is reducible to three pounds of flesh? So say atheists and mind deniers Coyne, Dennett, and Harris, and college students and media consumers are similarly instructed. The denial of free will, of the soul, require the brain to be just that.

But as Dr. Schwartz and Dr. Egnor argue, if Harris et al. were right, then research should not show that thought can change the brain (mind over matter), as it can. If materialists were right, Benjamin Libet's experiments demonstrating "free won't" should have had different results. Wilder Penfield should have been able to reach into the brain and alter the intellect or the "sense of self."

Dr. Egnor describes operations he himself has performed, separating the two halves the brain, in which the patient's personality nevertheless remains unified.

All this is against the expectations of the materialist cultural and scientific hegemony. But they never tell you that, do they?

"Materialists are realists, in a sense," says Egnor, summing up. "They understand that materialism cannot explain the mind. Rather than abandoning materialism, they abandon the mind."

Science Uprising Episode 2 - Mind: The Inescapable "I"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQo6...ature=youtu.be

This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity (futility) of their mind, having the understanding darkened...

(Psalm 1)

'Science Uprising' — Throwing Off the Materialist Rules That Hinder Science and Dehumanize Us All
    By Tom Gilson Published on June 10, 2019
    https://stream.org/science-uprising-...ce-dehumanize/

You've got some sense of what science is about, maybe a lot more than just a sense. Does this sound familiar? "Science can only think about nature and natural explanations. The minute you try to explain anything in nature by going outside of nature, you're not doing science any longer." It makes sense, right? I mean, why would anyone even put quotes around "science" that way? Doesn't everyone think that way?

But this isn't science. It's a rule some people decided to impose on science, based on a philosophy they've chosen for unscientific reasons. Still the rule (called materialism or naturalism) spreads through the air, like some odorless but deadly pollutant. People think it's science, when in reality it's bad news for science, bad news for us all.

Naturalism's Destructive Implications

Naturalism has some really implausible implications. How's this for starters: As far as science knows, you don't exist as a conscious person who can make your own decisions. You only think you do. Honestly: That's exactly what flows logically out of this brand of "science." And if that's not bad enough, it leads to all manner of disturbing questions. Are you really responsible for what you choose to do? Does science itself have any reason to think it knows anything about reality?

Apply it to current events: Does abortion kill a morally significant human being? How about human euthanasia? "Science" says, "No one can say. 'Morally significant' isn't one of the categories we study. But we do know it annoys people if you limit their personal freedom, so on balance 'science' would have to be 'pro-choice.'"

The questions really do go down to that basic a level. That's one reason I'm sure these rules aren't science at all, even though a lot of us have been duped into thinking so. The truth is actually the opposite: the rules aren't even good for science.

Pro-Science but Not Pro-'Science'

Every now and then I need to repeat it, since so many people think opposing the materialist rules amounts to fighting science. I'm very pro-science. Born in the city which at the time had more Ph.D. research scientists than any non-university city in the world (Midland, Michigan), I grew up loving science.

Thankfully, though, I've also learned that real science is not identical to "science" done by materialist rules. I've learned, too, that what I said earlier about it being a philosophy doesn't go far enough. It's actually a self-contradictory, dehumanizing, destructive philosophy.

Which is why I'm so excited to see the Discovery Institute is releasing a new video series, Science Uprising. It's coming out in six episodes, one week at a time. We've got the first week's video here, plus you won't want to miss The Stream's Jay Richards' further explanation, presented in the bonus video following it.

(Psalm 1)

Although, I don't necessarily like the particular format used in these videos, this is powerful information that is coming to light...

New Science Uprising Episode: #3

"Programming Without a Programmer"?
    David Klinghoffer
    June 17, 2019
    https://evolutionnews.org/2019/06/ne...-a-programmer/

Two remarkable advances in science together sealed the doom of any materialist evolutionary theory. They are the development of computer software, and the discovery that digital code lies at the foundation of life. That's the theme of the new third episode of Science Uprising, "DNA: The Programmer."

You'd have to be pretty insensitive to watch these six minutes through to the end without getting goosebumps, even if the information argument developed by Douglas Axe, Stephen Meyer, and other design theorists is already familiar to you.

Atheists Craig Venter and Richard Dawkins are famed scientists who freely agree on the analogy between software and genetic coding. Microsoft's Bill Gates, who ought to know, ups the ante by noting that DNA stands as a far more impressive instance of coding than the software that humans are able to devise. As Stephen Meyer says here, we know from having lived in and observed the world that "information always arises from an intelligent source." Simply applying that knowledge to the biological information in DNA seems to command an inference to intelligent design.

Hidden in the Milky Way

We also know, as Meyer points out, that "random changes in a section of functional code or functional information is going to degrade that information long before you get to something fundamentally new. That's the problem with the mutation-selection mechanism as an explanation for new genetic information."

To describe the difficulty of evolving a functional protein, Douglas Axe, the Caltech-trained chemical engineer, draws a striking comparison to seeking out — blindfolded! — a particular atom secreted away somewhere in the Milky Way.

"So here's the question," asks the masked narrator of Science Uprising: "If our DNA code is more complex than any manmade software, where did it come from? Is it possible it was authored without an author? Programmed without a programmer?"

Materialists are forced back to such a conclusion, which common sense, or what Dr. Axe has called "common science," tells us is absurd....

DNA Is Code: Who Coded It? (Science Uprising 03)

https://youtu.be/qxhuxg3WRfg

(Psalm 1)

Origin of Life: Intelligence Required
    (Science Uprising 05)
    Discovery Science
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymjl...ature=youtu.be

Published on Jul 1, 2019

Can life spontaneously generate itself from chemicals? Or are detailed instructions required? This episode of Science Uprising investigates the origin of life and claims by scientific materialists like Stephen Hawking that life spontaneously arose from chemicals without any guidance or intelligent design.

(Psalm 1)

Blog Entries
    I think all know this isn't possible. They are intentionally blind to these things.

Romans 1
    19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Gonna be hell to pay one day.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

GodismyJudge (07-01-2019)

New Science Uprising Episode: Evolution, Mutations, and “Fooling the Laymen”
    David Klinghoffer | @d_klinghoffer
    July 8, 2019
    https://evolutionnews.org/2019/07/ne...ng-the-laymen/

In a lecture, Phillip Johnson cited physicist Richard Feynman on a scientist’s obligation to be honest — not only with himself or in other scientific contexts but, not one bit less, when speaking to the lay public. “You should not fool the laymen when you’re talking as a scientist.” That such a thing would need to be said is itself revealing. What’s more, Feynman insisted, you should “bend over backwards to show how you may be wrong.”

The comments are taken from a Commencement address by Feynman in 1974 at Caltech. Johnson, a founding father of modern intelligent design, was so moved by this that he said “I wish it could be set to music.”

As far as I know it hasn’t been set to music. But the idea is a major theme in the new Science Uprising series.

Scientists fool themselves and they fool non-scientists, not about dry technical details with no special significance, but about matters that bear on huge, life-altering world picture issues. One example is the role of mutations in evolution. ....

Mutations: X-Men Flub Evolution (Science Uprising 06)
    Discovery Science
    Published on Jul 8, 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ivgQFIST1g

Are chance mutations really “the key to our evolution” like they claim in the X-Men films? Or are there strict limits to what mutations can accomplish, limits that point to the need for an overarching designer and the failure of Darwinian evolution to create fundamentally new things?

(Psalm 1)