Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rocketman

Quote Originally Posted by FaithfulOne View Post
    Some of us respect their talent/craft, not their "lifestyle". I think that is true regardless of who we are discussing. Some of us even support politicans, sport figures, entertainers, (even so-called "Christian" ones)--without 100% agreeing with everything they do or say. One can respect and enjoy someone's gift without co-signing on their "agenda".
    That I get totally. We are in the world, not of it. Some things we can enjoy and other things we should not. I didnt care for Freddie Mercury, either. Musically, not really my type anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    The only song off the top of my head without thinking about it that comes to mind in/related to school is Rod Stewart's Maggie May because they had a juke box in the cafeteria in 10th grade and I remember that song playing on it. If I thought longer I'm sure I could think of some more.
    I remember that!

I like his Great American Songbook selections. His voice is perfect for them.

Quote Originally Posted by FaithfulOne View Post
    Some of us respect their talent/craft, not their "lifestyle". I think that is true regardless of who we are discussing. Some of us even support politicans, sport figures, entertainers, (even so-called "Christian" ones)--without 100% agreeing with everything they do or say. One can respect and enjoy someone's gift without co-signing on their "agenda".
    It's interesting for me to find my line. Some I can blow off their crazy, some I can't even watch or listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    LOL...actually we need to combine the two...

B-B-B Bennie and the Jetsssssssssssss
    Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    I had never noticed him holding out the 's' before until I just listened to it to see.
    Really?? Never? LOL...thats one of my favorite parts of the song!

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    curlie sue, just for you....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxeBccvWDRQ
    Thanks, I was going to go look for it and keep forgetting. No, not familiar with it. I was way past high school then, I graduated in '69. My music tastes were changing about then!

Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    Really?? Never? LOL...thats one of my favorite parts of the song!
    And we all sang that part with particular emphasis.

Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    And we all sang that part with particular emphasis.
    LOL...absolutely! Usually with a whole lotta particular emphasis!

Blog Entries
    Russia deletes sex scene between two men in John movie.
    John was not happy about it but my hat is off to the Russians anyways.
    I was a Elton fan in the early 70's, but do to my Christian convictions, I would
    have to pass on viewing the movie.
    https://www.vulture.com/2019/05/rock...ia-censor.html
    If you put God First, you have Him at Last.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smitty For This Useful Post:

A.J. (06-22-2019), Highly Favoured (06-24-2019), Romans828 (06-22-2019)