Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocketman

Rocketman

If you were/are an Elton John fan, you will like this movie (except for a couple of sex scenes and language) As for me, it was kinda weird, but good (again, except the sex scenes, language didn't bother me much). It's basically a musical built around his music, covering a period of about twenty years. The music isn't chronological, but the events of his life are. What I didn't know was that he had a serious drug habit (like who didn't in the 70's) and he attempted suicide.

If anyone saw Bohemian Rapsody (re: Freddie Mercury) there have been some comparisons made, the major one being that RM didn't downplay Elton's sexuality, BHR did downplay it (Freddie's) to a degree. I liked both movies, each for their own merits.
    Last edited by FaithfulOne; 06-03-2019 at 03:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    Did Kim Jung Un make an appearance in the movie

Rocketman-y2m5ul1wdgmz-jpg

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (06-03-2019), FireBrand (06-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    Did Kim Jung Un make an appearance in the movie

Rocketman-y2m5ul1wdgmz-jpg
    Yeah, one would have thought, but surprisingly no.

I haven't been much of a EJ fan. My favorite song of his is "Crocodile Rock," probably because it sounds so 1960s, even though it was a 1970s song.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bookman For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (06-03-2019), FaithfulOne (06-03-2019)

“Burning out my fuse up here alone....”

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

FaithfulOne (06-03-2019), kingskid (09-02-2019)

I really like a lot of his music..

I'm not sure if I'll see the movie or not.

thanks for the review though FO! I was set against seeing it, now I'll consider it.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Femme* For This Useful Post:

FaithfulOne (06-04-2019), kingskid (09-02-2019)

I saw some reviews of the movie and am taking a pass. I don't need to see sex scenes and such.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Highly Favoured For This Useful Post:

Romans828 (06-04-2019), victoryword (06-05-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Muriel View Post
    I saw some reviews of the movie and am taking a pass. I don't need to see sex scenes and such.
    I agree and take it to another level: why support a movie that openly flaunts homosexuality with God’s money?

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

fuego (06-04-2019), Highly Favoured (06-14-2019), Romans828 (06-04-2019), Smitty (06-22-2019), victoryword (06-05-2019)

Thanks for the review, Sis.

Can't say I was a fan "per se," but back in the day, I listened and enjoyed all genres of music, including his... My fav was Bennie & the Jets

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Romans828 For This Useful Post:

FaithfulOne (06-04-2019), kingskid (09-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Femme* View Post
    I really like a lot of his music..

I'm not sure if I'll see the movie or not.

thanks for the review though FO! I was set against seeing it, now I'll consider it.
    Just be prepared for...you know. Nothing really explicit, just....you know. I was concerned about seeing the movie as well, but in actuality it was about maybe 1% or less of the whole movie. What I came away with was seeing how much he went thru when he was "at the top of his game", with his family, fame, a certain relationship, drugs, et al. Another thing I didn't know was his brotherly relationship/friendship with his lyricist Bernie Taupin. That was probably the most stable of all the relationships he's had.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to FaithfulOne For This Useful Post:

Femme* (06-05-2019)