Thread: 'Below Deck' star Captain Sandy reveals she's dating gospel singer Leah Shafer

Blog Entries

'Below Deck' star Captain Sandy reveals she's dating gospel singer Leah Shafer

The love that "Below Deck Mediterranean" star Sandy Yawn has for girlfriend Leah Shafer extends beyond the high seas.

Discussing the relationship in a recent interview with The Cheat Sheet, the Bravo personality — Captain Sandy to "Below Deck" viewers — revealed gospel singer Shafer initially reached out to her on Facebook.

"She sent me a nice message that said, 'I came across your show, congratulations, many blessings,'" Yawn said, noting Schafer's line of "many blessings" grabbed her attention.

From their first meeting in Los Angeles last November, the sparks flew between Yawn and Shafer, who was married to fellow entertainer Ross Shafer for 20 years, according to her website, and has a 13-year-old daughter, Lauren.

"It was definitely unexpected," Shafer recalled. "It just happened, when you meet another soul that you connect with at such a deep level, it is unexplainable and so beautiful."

Yawn has since relocated from Los Angeles to Denver to be closer to Shafer, who said their passion for music brought them together.

"She has a passion for inspiring through music and the youth. And broken people and so do I coming from the gospel industry. That's what brought us together," Shafer said. "And then, of course, the attraction and falling in love with a beautiful soul and knowing you want to be with someone forever. I've never felt that way before."

Since going public with the relationship, Shafer has endured backlash, as "some religious institutions have turned their back on her," per The Cheat Sheet. But as Shafer said, "I think you can't help who you fall in love with."

"God is love. He doesn't care," she continued.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...l-leah-schafer

isn't that sweet.

they're both in for some nasty surprises, I think.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Femme* For This Useful Post:

fuego (05-30-2019), Romans828 (06-09-2019), Valiant Woman (06-09-2019)

Blog Entries
    God is love. He doesn't care

That's why Hitler and Stalin are in heaven singing in the choir next to the apostles

Another gay “christian” singer?? That is the worst of it. The Voice has promoted this wicked phenomena.

Yet how many know Bravo is a homosexual and godless network? This is their channel.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Romans828 (06-01-2019)

From their first meeting in Los Angeles last November, the sparks flew between Yawn and Shafer,
    When your praise match your prayers, the answer will come.
    https://www.facebook.com/Valiant-Wom...1103844642026/