Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Viewers led in sinner's prayer to renounce the "sin of supporting Israel" - Michael Brown

Quote Originally Posted by BAP View Post
    There is that superior word again .. see my earlier response to The Cardinal
    "this special class of human". I fail to see the distinction.
    Last edited by Colonel; 07-06-2019 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    "this special class of human". I fail to see the distinction.
    It really isnt that complex ..

a father may eat more food than his children do just as a matter of biology however he is (or should be ) also the last to eat when food is scarce .. He may have the best seat at the dining table but he is also supposed to be the first to take a bullet to protect his family .. Does that make him superior ? well in certain contexts perhaps but in other contexts he is easily the the most dispensable

We owe the bible to the Jews .. every single letter or book of the bible was written by a Jew .. from science to government, to literature to entertainment the Jews consistently are a blessing to humanity. But on the flip side they are the most hated and persecuted Group . Hitler alone took out 1/3 of them..

As i said earlier they have to be Jews with all that comes with it good and bad. We just have to be a blessing to them as Non Jews to have access to that same blessing or superiority as you continually term it so in some ways we got the better deal

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BAP For This Useful Post:

FireBrand (07-09-2019)

According to a passage I quoted earlier from Matthew 23 the Jews collectively opened themselves up to things like persecution by treating Jesus and later his disciples the way that they did. Only when they enter into Christ is that curse broken.

I don't believe that Jews are in any way inherently superior to anyone else, including in God's eyes. The Bible declares throughout that God shows no favoritism which means that when he chooses people from among other people then he has a purpose other than simply favoring that person or group. Both the Jews as a group and people like the apostle Paul were chosen in order to promote the plan of salvation, not as an act of favoritism.

The fact that Jesus himself refers to some professing Jews as "a synagogue of Satan" tells us that their status of being Jews by birth and even by (in their case an apostate) religion only goes so far. At some point there's not much left of either, in God's eyes. But God has a plan for the nation of Israel and for religious Jews. They are certainly hated for other reasons than the curse that I referred to above. The curse didn't create the contention but it amplifies it. See my first post in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    According to a passage I quoted earlier from Matthew 23 the Jews collectively opened themselves up to things like persecution by treating Jesus and later his disciples the way that they did. Only when they enter into Christ is that curse broken.

I don't believe that Jews are in any way inherently superior to anyone else, including in God's eyes. The Bible declares throughout that God shows no favoritism which means that when he chooses people from among other people then he has a purpose other than simply favoring that person or group. Both the Jews as a group and people like the apostle Paul were chosen in order to promote the plan of salvation, not as an act of favoritism.

The fact that Jesus himself refers to some professing Jews as "a synagogue of Satan" tells us that their status of being Jews by birth and even by (in their case an apostate) religion only goes so far. At some point there's not much left of either, in God's eyes. But God has a plan for the nation of Israel and for religious Jews. They are certainly hated for other reasons than the curse that I referred to above. The curse didn't create the contention but it amplifies it. See my first post in this thread.
    Scratching my head again as to whom said anything about favoritsm and why you choose to write an epistle abut favoritism as if anybody made the charge that they were favorites

I am inclined to assume that you dont often read or really consider perspectives differing from yours hence the reason why you often come back with the same charge which was already addresed

Again all men have the same intrinsic value before God however the Jewish People have been set aside for a special purpose as you yourself concede. It really is that simple

.Exodus 19: 6And unto Me you shall be a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words that you are to speak to the Israelites.”
    They are a nation of kings and priests and with every office there is a gifting .. the purpose of their kingship and priesthood is to reconcile the nations to God . If you want to consider that favoritsm then so be it

And yes to your point many of them do belong to the synagogue of Satan ..ie the ones that actively oppose God'a plans and Purposes ..liberal Hollywood for instance likewise The Noam Chomsky's and the Bennie Sanders types whom actively oppose God's plans for Isreal .. rumor has it even Adoplh Hitler had Jewish Blood as did Karl Marx

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BAP View Post
    ...why you choose to write an epistle...
    It's just what Colonel does.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

FireBrand (07-09-2019)

My reason for discussing favoritism is to establish a fundamental having to do with God's character. If you agree that his dealings with Israel in no way reflect favoritism then our views aren't far apart and I think that includes the Australian.