Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Viewers led in sinner's prayer to renounce the "sin of supporting Israel" - Michael Brown

Blog Entries

Viewers led in sinner's prayer to renounce the "sin of supporting Israel" - Michael Brown

In one of the most bizarre moments in evangelical TV history, viewers were led in a sinner's prayer to renounce the "sin" of supporting Israel, confessing that Jesus is our Promised Land. Here's my response:

Jesus is My Everything, And He Confirms God's Promises to Israel

Jesus is my All in All. He is my Lord, my God, my Savior, my Redeemer, my King. He is my Life. Outside of Him, I have nothing. Outside of Him, I am nothing. Jesus is also the Messiah of Israel, and as Israel's Messiah, He confirms — not cancels — the Father's promises to the patriarchs.

These are Paul's exact words in Romans 15:8-9: "For I tell you that Christ became a servant to the circumcised to show God's truthfulness, in order to confirm the promises given to the patriarchs, and in order that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy. As it is written, 'Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles, and sing to your name.'"

How could it be otherwise? How could it be that Israel's Redeemer would cancel the promises God gave to Israel? How could it be that the long-awaited Messiah would nullify the oath God swore to the patriarchs?

Yet this is what is being taught aggressively by an evangelical news network, a network that is spreading lies, misinformation, and exaggeration about Israel and the Jewish people on a regular basis.

TruNews' Altar Call
    In fact, in what must be one of the sickest moments in the history "Christian" broadcasting, one of the hosts of this network — ironically named TruNews — gives an altar call for Christians to repent for standing with Israel.

I kid you not. Watch it for yourself here, starting at 1:20:28 until 1:22:41.

The host, Doc Burkhart, leads his audience in a "sinner's prayer." He tells viewers to confess to God, "Lord, I'm so sorry. I don't how I was so deceived. I don't how I was so bewitched by all of this.

"I thought it was a good thing to support the people of Israel. I thought it was a good thing to help Israel. But now I see it's just people using the name of Israel, people using the people of Israel in order to line their own pockets, in order to build their own kingdoms, in order to make themselves feel important."

Burkhart then calls his viewers to repent of this and turn the other way, confessing, "Jesus, You are my Zion. Jesus, You are my Promised Land. Jesus, You are my Temple. Jesus, You are my Eternal Capitol, Lord."

And in true "evangelical" fashion, Burkhart then urges those who responded to this prayer to contact his network.

How judgmental. How unchristian. How deceived.

What an ugly mixing of truth with error.

Jesus Confirms God's Promises
    To repeat: Jesus is my All in All, my Everything. And He confirms, not cancels, God's promises to the patriarchs. Chief among those promises was the promise of the Land of Israel as a lasting inheritance.

As the psalmist wrote: "He remembers His covenant forever, the word that He commanded, for a thousand generations, the covenant that He made with Abraham, His sworn promise to Isaac, which He confirmed to Jacob as a statute, to Israel as an everlasting covenant, saying, 'To you I will give the land of Canaan as your portion for an inheritance.'" (Ps 105:8-11)

To repeat Paul's words: "For I tell you that Christ became a servant to the circumcised to show God's truthfulness, in order to confirm the promises given to the patriarchs."

Sorry, TruNews, but I'll stay with Scripture.

Sorry, Doc Burkhart, but I'll not repent of standing with the purposes of God.

For the record, I have called out TruNews publicly (see here and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTCEQ1WnA3Ahere) and reached out privately several times, to no avail.

TruNews' Invitation
    Initially, in response to my challenge, TruNews invited me to come on their show, and I responded immediately with an enthusiastic "Yes." I simply requested that, for the sake of fairness, their leader, Rick Wiles, join me on my show as well.

He was not willing.

I then I suggested we have a public debate. They said they were not interested in debate, but that I should rebuke Ben Shapiro as an antichrist. (I'm not making this up.)

Finally, when their anti-Israel, anti-Jew campaign became even more pitched and ugly, I told them I would join them on their show as long as I was given equal time with their panel and that the show was aired unedited.

They said no to my offer, offended that I characterized their views as antisemitic. Sorry, but when you claim that the sexual revolution was a Zionist conspiracy — among a litany of other accusations — you're being antisemitic.

Now, TruNews is leading Christians in a sinner's prayer for standing with Israel. What's coming next?

The Truth of Scripture
    As for the idea that Jesus is our Temple, our Zion, and our Promised Land, this is not Scriptural.

Rather, in Him, we have become a holy Temple, with Jesus as the chief Cornerstone (see 1 Corinthians 3:16-17; Ephesians 2:19-22; 1 Peter 2:5). Jesus is not "our Temple."

And nowhere in the New Testament is it written that Jesus is our Promised Land or our Zion. Instead, the Gospel authors tell Zion — meaning Jerusalem and the Jewish people — that Jesus, the King, is coming to Zion (see Matthew 21:5; John 12:5; quoting from Zechariah 9:9).

And Paul says that God will lay in Zion a Stone of stumbling (speaking of Jesus), and that He, the Redeemer, will come from Zion (Romans 9:33; 11:26; quoting from Isaiah 28:16; 59:20-21).

Even the heavenly Zion is a place, not a person (see Hebrews 12:22). In fact, Jesus, the Lamb, stands in Zion (see Revelation 14:1). He is not Zion — or the Promised Land.

Tragically, Burkhart relies on his viewers' love for Jesus to confuse the issues, as if they are being unspiritual — not Christ-centered — by standing with Israel or recognizing God's hand at work in our day.

Nothing could be further from the truth. To say it once more: Christ, the Messiah, confirms God's promises to the patriarchs, and those promises include the Land of Israel as a lasting inheritance.

Burkhart's Mistake

Burkhart and TruNews might just as well urge a starving person to repent for taking bread from a Christian missionary, leading them in a prayer of repentance that said, "Lord, forgive me for my sinfulness. I was being so carnal. I confess that Jesus is my Bread of Life."

That's just as ridiculous as the prayer he led his viewers in, confessing their "sin" of standing with Israel (not to mention slandering those who do as stand with Israel, branding us as duplicitous, money-grubbers).

The only difference in the two prayers is that Jesus, in fact, is our Bread of Life, whereas He is not our Promised Land or our Zion (whatever that even means).

Nothing Christian About This
    TruNews has now crossed a precarious, ugly line. Let the viewers beware.

Had they simply brought valid criticisms against the State of Israel, I would not be writing this. I would even affirm some of those criticisms myself.

Had they simply questioned where the nation of Israel today is a fulfillment of biblical prophecy, I would not have called them out. I recognize that Christians can differ over prophecy.

Had they simply brought legitimate criticisms against the Jewish people as a whole, I would not be concerned. I bring such criticisms as well.

But they have now equated Christian Zionism with rebellion against God and denial of the centrality of Jesus, at the same time spreading all kinds of libels against the Jewish people and the Jewish religion.

There is nothing Christian about this. I urge them to repent.

And if they are so sure they are right, let's have a formal, full-length, moderated, public debate live-streamed for the world to see.

What do they have to hide?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (05-29-2019), Valiant Woman (06-28-2019)

From a hypothetical areligious perspective I'd say that supporting the madmen in the region rather than the nation of Israel makes no sense unless one is a Muslim oneself. Which demonstrates what the whole thing is about, it's a spiritual war where Satan wants the world to be dominated by atheism on one hand and Islam on the other. Both are basically dead religions.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (05-29-2019)

Blog Entries
    The danger is bias and spin of scripture creeps in on both sides.

There are promises to natural Israel but sections of the church have gone overboard in promoting Israel and Jews as if they are a more special and blessed class of human
    Obviously there are believers who are derogatory of Israel and that is wrong and then anti-semitism can arise

Overall I really like and support Dr Brown but there have been occasions where I believe he crosses the line in interpreting scripture to support of Israel because he is Jewish and has not taken all scriptures in balance

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

Colonel (07-01-2019), Smitty (05-29-2019)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post

There are promises to natural Israel but sections of the church have gone overboard in promoting Israel and Jews as if they are a more special and blessed class of human
    Obviously there are believers who are derogatory of Israel and that is wrong and then anti-semitism can arise

Overall I really like and support Dr Brown but there have been occasions where I believe he crosses the line in interpreting scripture to support of Israel because he is Jewish and has not taken all scriptures in balance
    Hundreds of American pastors, preachers and evangelists, have spoken in a "holy eloquent" on the subject of "God's Chosen People." There is almost unanimous agreement that "the Jews" hold an honor and distinction and unwavering favor in right standing with God. To challenge this assumption is to be categorized anti-Israel and a Christian bigot against Jews. Such an unrelenting negative attitude against the Israelis in the minds of many, is inviting the wrath of Almighty God to come down upon us with catastrophic results.

Any stated or implied criticism of "God's Chosen People" is therefore met with screaming howls of "Anti-Semitism." "Perpetrators of such a "hate crime" are sometimes charged with being "rabid hate mongers." Interestingly, these same American clergy are deathly silent on the subject of the Jews' Talmudic hatred of Christ and His followers.

It is a biblical fact that Jesus Christ is God and that "all things were made by Him, and without Him was not any thing made that was made" (Jn 1:1-3).
    Jesus Christ, alone, is the way, the truth, and the life"(Jn 14:6). How, then, do these same American preachers reconcile the fact that "God's Chosen People" hate, despise, and abhor their Maker? Think about it! Does there not seem to be something strange, peculiar, or ludicrous about this situation?

This unrelenting abhorrence by most religious Jews of the Lord Jesus Christ is laid out in no uncertain terms in their Talmud --- "the ultimate authority" in Judaism. There, in their highly regarded religious book Jesus is described as the bastard son of a woman "who played the whole with carpenters". The Talmud also tells us that Jesus was a "bloody and deceitful man" that Jesus was a fool and we pay no attention to what fools do. It also says that Jesus was "taken as one of the worst three enemies of Judaism". The Talmud also speaks of the "unforgivable sin of accepting Christianity." In fact, incest is considered a "light sin" compared to embracing Christianity.

Finally, the Talmud---unchallengeably the number one authority in Judaism -- dogmatically declares that our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom "all things were created"...and by whom "all things consist" (Col 1:16-17) is presently "in boiling hot excrement". He will, we are told, have "no portion in the world to come".

Jewish author Benjamin Freedman tells us that "the Talmud exercises virtually totalitarian dictatorship over the lives of Jews whether they are aware of it or not.
    Their spiritual leaders make no attempt to conceal the control they exercise over the lives of Jews. They extend their authority far beyond the legitimate limits of spiritual matters.
    Their authority has no limit outside religion. In light of such evidence as stated in this post , Christian leaders embrace Judaism and promote their anti-Christ, anti-God philosophy, (Judaio-Christian) because after all, they are "God's Chosen People". (I am aware there are born-again Messianic Jewish believers in Israel).

Let me affirm I am not anti-Jewish nor anti-Israeli. The Jewish people and the state of Israel needs a supernatural out-pouring Holy Ghost revival just as much as Americans and America does. I desire to see many in our country saved as well as many in Israel saved. But folks, many of the religious clergy in America don't want to deal with the truth. They would rather sweep it under the carpet and let's pretend to all get along. Well, that's not going to keep people from going to hell. Anyways, I'm done here!
    If you put God First, you have Him at Last.

"And I will bless those who bless you [who confer prosperity or happiness upon you] and curse him who curses or uses insolent language toward you; in you will all the families and kindred of the earth be blessed [and by you they will bless themselves]. [Gal. 3:8.]"**Genesis‬ *12:3‬ *

"And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: "The Deliverer will come out of Zion, And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob; For this is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins." Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

"For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience," even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy. For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all." Romans‬ *11:26-32‬ *

"For you are a holy people [set apart] to the Lord your God; and the Lord has chosen you to be a peculiar people to Himself, above all the nations on the earth." **Deuteronomy‬ *14:2‬ *

Enough said.
    When your praise match your prayers, the answer will come.
    https://www.facebook.com/Valiant-Wom...1103844642026/

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valiant Woman For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (07-01-2019), Nikos (06-28-2019), Romans828 (06-28-2019), victoryword (07-02-2019)

Per the underlijned Actually they are .. in the same way an unsaved spouse is sanctified ( special and blessed class of human) because of the saved person they may be married to .. No need to argue with God just accept it and move on ....

The flip side of it is that judgement begins in the house of God ..that's why "this special and blessed class of human" has been through hell and high water and have gone through so much through the ages and are currently surrrounded by nations whom seek their annihilation.. talk about a recipe for elevated blood pressue ?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BAP For This Useful Post:

Valiant Woman (07-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant Woman View Post
    “And I will bless those who bless you [who confer prosperity or happiness upon you] and curse him who curses or uses insolent language toward you; in you will all the families and kindred of the earth be blessed [and by you they will bless themselves]. [Gal. 3:8.]”**Genesis‬ *12:3‬ *

“And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: “The Deliverer will come out of Zion, And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob; For this is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins.” Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

“For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience,” even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy. For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.” Romans‬ *11:26-32‬ *

“For you are a holy people [set apart] to the Lord your God; and the Lord has chosen you to be a peculiar people to Himself, above all the nations on the earth.” **Deuteronomy‬ *14:2‬ *

Enough said.

Great to see you VW

Your post said it all --> the Lord has chosen you to be a peculiar people to Himself, above all the nations on the earth.” **Deuteronomy‬ *14:2‬ *

Sounds to me like they are indeed "a more special and blessed class of human" to quote the Great Cardinal

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BAP For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BAP View Post
    Sounds to me like they are indeed "a more special and blessed class of human" to quote the Great Cardinal
    Be it to you according to your faith

As for me I belong to the greatest and most special and blessed type of human - washed with the blood of Jesus, filled with the Holy Spirit and seated in heavenly places with Christ

The greatest riches to come for all eternity will belong to the redeemed saints Jew and gentile
    Eph 2:7 - that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

Blog Entries
    Now if you want to discuss natural promises given to Abraham for natural Israel that is a different discussion but it still doesn't make natural Jews a greater special human being
    Natural Israel will inherit certain blessings in the millennium and that is a honour and privilege but that won't make them superior as a human

If someone really believes being a natural Jew makes you more special with greater superiority then you can actually convert just like many have done and you will be considered Jewish
    BAP go ahead and let us know if you become superman then I will follow you if that happens

Joseph's wife was a Egyptian who brought forth Manasseh and Ephraim - 2 of the 12 tribes of Israel
    Think about it - 2 tribes had Egyptian blood which was a cursed and judged nation
    Moses first wife was a Midianite who had sons who became Jews
    Rachel was a gentile harlot who became a Jew
    Ruth was a cursed Moabite who became a Jew and grandmother of King David - David had gentile blood

We may as well all convert to Judaism if we are going to get EXTRA blessed since there are lots of ungodly gentiles who converted over history

The above is the REALITY that scripture gives -God isn't afraid of exposing all the bad as well as the good

I believe 100% that God has special promises for natural Israel
    but we have to factor in all the scriptures and discern wisely.

Be it to you according to your faith

As for me I belong to the greatest and most special and blessed type of human - washed with the blood of Jesus, filled with the Holy Spirit and seated in heavenly places with Christ

The greatest riches to come for all eternity will belong to the redeemed saints Jew and gentile
    Eph 2:7 - that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
    Per the underlined .. that you do but it doesnt negate Deuteronmy 14:2 .. The two notions are not mutually exclusive

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BAP For This Useful Post: