Thread: Live reboot of All in the Family and The Jeffersons

Live reboot of All in the Family and The Jeffersons

-The live reboot of All in the Family and The Jeffersons airs in just a few short days! We are so excited to watch it. If you're excited too, check out the promo video below that was recently released. You get a sneak peek of the new actors who will play the characters you love and how crazy it could get because the show will be live.

Live in Front of a Studio Audience: Norman Lear's All in the Family and The Jeffersons will air on ABC on May 22, 2019, at 8 p.m. It was produced by the original creator of the shows Norman Lear and late-night talk show host Jimmy Kimmel. We are so glad that the original creator is involved in this project.

The cast includes Woody Harrelson, Marisa Tomei, Jamie Foxx, Wanda Sykes, Ike Barinholtz, Kerry Washington, Ellie Kemper, and more. It appears the cast is gearing up to play these iconic characters. Ike is shown with a very '70s mustache in the promo...

https://doyouremember.com/97898/all-...fersons-reboot?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krystian For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (05-21-2019), Romans828 (05-21-2019)

Blog Entries
    I actually just saw a commercial for this maybe an hour or two before you posted it.

The "Meathead" actually turned out to be quite a meat head Hollywood liberal.

Sounds interesting - I'll probably tune in to see how it goes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel 33 View Post
    The "Meathead" actually turned out to be quite a meat head Hollywood liberal.
    Yeah, turned out to be a real meathead.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (05-21-2019)

I wouldn't watch that if you paid me. More Hollywood liberals duping viewers.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bookman For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (05-22-2019), FireBrand (05-21-2019), fuego (05-21-2019), GodismyJudge (05-21-2019), Nikos (05-22-2019)

Norman Lear was very influential in preaching his liberal doctrines through this program. He admitted to it and used the term “preaching”. His mission was successful.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (05-22-2019)

Blog Entries
    It made conservatism a joke.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikos For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (05-22-2019)

I really wanted to love it, but...

Woody Harrelson is no Archie Bunker - I know the idea was for the "new" Peeps to put their own spin on the characters, but NO, Woody, just NO!

Don't get me wrong now, Woody was born to play those Psycho/Con Man/Military/Detective-type Dudes, (and he does it so well), but I've never found his comedic chops to be all that great.

Ditto, for the rest of the Bunker household - I was cringing the whole time - It just felt forced and "unnatural."

The Jeffersons was only a little better - Jamie Fox nailed George's character, and (surprisingly), if I held my head just right, I could see bits of "Weezie" in Wanda Sykes - Lionel and the rest of them did OK, but just OK.

The highlight of the entire presentation was Marla Gibbs - When she walked into the Jefferson's apartment, I was shocked - First, because I thought, DANG, this lady has Florence's speech, posture, etc. down to the "T" - But then I realized that it actually was Marla, and I just started smiling from ear-to-ear...

Because, to be honest, I thought she was dead!

Anyway, it was a nice trip down Memory Lane, but even Jennifer Hudson's rendition of "Moving on Up" didn't cut it for me.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Romans828 For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (05-28-2019), FireBrand (05-23-2019), krystian (05-24-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Romans828 View Post
    The highlight of the entire presentation was Marla Gibbs - When she walked into the Jefferson's apartment, I was shocked - First, because I thought, DANG, this lady has Florence's speech, posture, etc. down to the "T" - But then I realized that it actually was Marla...

Thanks...nice review. I was going to watch it out of curiosity but got home too late to catch it.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krystian For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (05-28-2019), Romans828 (05-24-2019)