Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Can you cast a demon out of a minor without parental permission?

Blog Entries
    At the end of the day with more and more kids having all sorts of mental, emotional and physical problems then add the demonic to it we have to be honest and say overall the church isn't having a great impact on getting really bound people free

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    We don't have any where they were healed with 'parental permission' other than the fact a few parents brought their children to Jesus. I think we're pulling a subject out of it that it's not really addressing. In one sense am I giving you 'permission' because I am the parent and I brought them? Yes. But it has nothing to do with permission per se, they just wanted their kids healed.

Again, dead boy at Nain, Jesus didn't ask permission. He just did it because He had compassion on the mother.

And to bring up another side of this, the woman with the issue of blood got healed without Jesus' 'permission'. She just drew/took it out of Him with her faith without Him being aware it was going to happen. His 'WHO touched Me?' was not a rhetorical question. He didn't know and wanted to know who it was.
    People getting healed without asking for permission is the polar opposite scenario of people ministering deliverance to someone without asking their permission. If someone brings their child to you and demand that you cast out a demon then of course there is no problem.

These are instructions given to the seventy when Jesus sent them out :

Luke 10:5 But whatever house you enter, first say, ‘Peace to this house.’
    6 And if a son of peace is there, your peace will rest on it; if not, it will return to you.
    7 And remain in the same house, eating and drinking such things as they give, for the laborer is worthy of his wages. Do not go from house to house.
    8 Whatever city you enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you.
    9 And heal the sick there, and say to them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’
    10 But whatever city you enter, and they do not receive you, go out into its streets and say,
    11 ‘The very dust of your city which clings to us we wipe off against you. Nevertheless know this, that the kingdom of God has come near you.’

Notice the contrast between verses 8-9 and 10-11. In 8-9 they were received and they healed the sick there. In 10-11 they were not received and they went away instead.

His instructions to the twelve :

Luke 9:1 Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases.
    2 He sent them to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.
    3 And He said to them, “Take nothing for the journey, neither staffs nor bag nor bread nor money; and do not have two tunics apiece.
    4 “Whatever house you enter, stay there, and from there depart.
    5 And whoever will not receive you, when you go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet as a testimony against them.”

He gives them authority to heal the sick and cast out demons but like in the next chapter he gives instructions about where to minister and where not to.

Notice an other thing he said to the seventy :

Luke 10:3 Go your way; behold, I send you out as lambs among wolves

Hence the instructions that follow in the same chapter about how to apply wisdom.

Mat 10:16 Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    It's one of those question that doesn't have a yes or no answer but vary with different scenarios

There is obviously God's power at work which can penetrate the toughest problems but even Jesus marveled at unbelief and it stopped people getting healed
    Jesus challenged the father of a demon possessed boy - IF you can believe....
    The highlighted sentence doesn't work with some people's simplistic word-of-faith style principles so they will ignore that or imagine that it says something different. I've seen people from a hundred different theological persuasions do that on CARM so I know very well how that works. Various non-charismatics' treatment of passages dealing with the particular baptism in the Holy Spirit may be the perfect example of the same phenomenon. Ignore-reconstruct.